TRA bricklayer - feel like giving up!

Old May 26th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Default Re: TRA bricklayer - feel like giving up!

Hi,

I am nearly ready with my TRA application now (Metal Machinist 1st Class), its taken me about 6 weeks all in all, just need to get my City & Guilds certificates etc.... verified than I am ready to post it all over.

Anyway, getting back to the point for replying....

I too had worked for companies that are no longer trading, but you can find a hell of a lot of info from the companies house website which lists all registered companies and whether they are still trading or in liquidation, date of registration and also the date that the company stopped trading etc....

I have put a list of all the companies that I have worked for in with my application as an addition to the written TRA form which lists the companies name etc.... as follows;

Name of company
Address
Company Registered in England No 123456 (Dissolved 10/11/2006)
Contact Name (if known)
Position within the company
Contact Tel no +44(0)1234567

The companies house website also tells you the name of the administrators aswell....and added bonus.............ITS ALL FREE............unless you want printed stuff. I just listed the company reg number for mine.

Anyway I wont prattle on any longer.................hope this helps.

Rob
Old May 26th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

tonycannell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: TRA bricklayer - feel like giving up!

Originally Posted by MDA
Hi all, I have been reading this forum for the last few years and have received some great advice. I don't normally post as I usually find all the answers I am looking for without needed to. However, today is different!

We came to Perth for our reccie in October of last year and loved it - I mean really loved it! We stayed in Satefy Bay and met some lovely people.

When we got back we thought we should get the ball rolling and start our TRA. The ball is still rolling - and not as fast as I want it to. We have an Agent, although I am not sure what we are paying him for, other than to look at all the work I have done. Anyway, that aside, the only thing that I have managed to do so far is obtain one reference. My husband is a bricklayer and has worked in the trade since 1989. His has his City and Guilds Certificate so I thought it would be easy. How wrong I was. For some of his time he was working on SC60 and now CIS. Does this mean that I have to go down the road of obtaining all evidence of self employment?

I am now trying to write a stat dec for the time that he was an apprentice as the Company no longer exist. I have used the template that is a stickly at the top but I am still struggling. I don't know the exact dates of commencement of employment. Liquidation of the Company. How long he had left of his apprenticeship to do before they went bust. What information regarding tasks he learnt and what detail. Argghhhhh.

Wish I had a copy of a TRA that had all the info I needed and stat dec's to re-word! Hey, that's an idea, anyone want to sell me a copy? My Agent sent me a copy of a reference for a plasterer, not much difference to bricklaying there! Although he can plaster I am told not to include that. We paid over the odds for our Agent as I was told that all we would have to do was check the paperwork THEY had prepared for us. What a joke!

Stat Dec's, references etc etc it is all getting a bit too much for me. I feel like I am taking one step forward and 3 back all the time. Its been 4 months and all I have to show for it is one reference. Getting my hubby to sit with me and tell me exactly what he does is a nightmare. I might as well go buy a book on how to be a bricklayer and use that instead.

Sorry to post such a load of rubbish but I just want to know if anyone else has been in the same situation as me and how they got out of it. Why do I feel like crying when I should be happy that we are about to (well trying to) start a new chapter in our lives. I am having consant headaches with all the stress. I know it will be worth it in the end but right now the end feels a million miles away.

Do I give up on my dream? I am not normally a quitter just don't think I can handle this much longer.

Mandy
hindsight is a wonderful thing, you should have got in touch with a guy called tony mooney. he has helped me loads i started ball rolling about 3 months ago and i expect to be in oz [vic] august, i would get in touch with this guy he knows his stuff, check his website out www.tonymooney.biz
i am sure he could help you and dont quit ok
Old May 27th 2007, 1:11 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there
Would these help anyone. I have done 2 TRA applications for OH and son in law and passed both. Experience in occupation was the most boring thing I have ever typed!!! I now feel that I could become a bricklayer. The enclosure list and stat dec. are from son in law as he is basic bricklayer. Annex 1 is my OH as he has company so is a bit more detailed. Just pick the bits you would need. Hope these help a bit.

Nicky
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Enclosure list.1.doc (29.5 KB, 128 views)
Statutory Declaration.1.doc (41.5 KB, 112 views)
Old May 27th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

perth bound is on a distinguished road

thanx so much for all the replies, especially marie and nic. Thanx nickywes a great help. I only posted my query yesterday and have had so much positive response I feel more confident now. Thanx all.
Old May 27th 2007, 8:39 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by perth bound
thanx so much for all the replies, especially marie and nic. Thanx nickywes a great help. I only posted my query yesterday and have had so much positive response I feel more confident now. Thanx all.
Hi there
Glad to be of some help, I know how hard it was when I was doing our TRA. I did not know where to start and some kind person sent me their templates which was really helpful. If you need any more help just ask.
Nicky
Old May 29th 2007, 1:59 am
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, haven't been on for a while and see my thread is still going strong!

The TRA was finally sent off on 30th April to my Agent and 8th May to Australia. I haven't heard anything yet, not even an acknowledgement, but it appears that some people get one and some people don't.

I am just starting to complete the main application in readiness. It does seem easier but I am sick of repeating myself!

I am really glad that I did not give up, I nearly did a few times I can tell you. It feels like the TRA was months ago and all the stress I had went off in the envelope! I just really really hope that we pass, don't think I could do it again.

Good luck to everyone just starting out, waiting for a decision, have visa and waiting to travel, in fact good luck to anyone on this site who needs it.

Take Care

Mandy x
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:32 pm
MDA
Forum Regular

MDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the roughMDA is a jewel in the rough

Its me again, but this time not with a with a . I am so glad that I did not give up. We have today received an e-mail to say that our TRA application was successful. Needed to share the news. I am so happy.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Nic
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:43 am

Hi there Mandy
Have replied to PM but could not attach College Course doc. so have attached it here. Hope it will be of some help.

Nicky
Attached Files
Template - College Course.doc (40.5 KB, 176 views)
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there Mandy
Have replied to PM but could not attach College Course doc. so have attached it here. Hope it will be of some help.

Nicky
Sorry, forgot to say well done on getting TRA.

Nicky
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:46 am
MDA
Forum Regular

Thanks Nicky and thanks for the document you sent to me. It is really useful.

Keep in touch.

Mandy
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

wish there was pipefitters on here who have been through it all and could help me along the way,i suppose easyier when you have something to work with etc
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
wish there was pipefitters on here who have been through it all and could help me along the way,i suppose easyier when you have something to work with etc

I've just sent you an e-mail