September 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:51 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by blakey1
anway the agent knows best i suppose so will just sit and be a patient bunny rabbit, as i can not do anything but .

fingers crossed on all my fingers that this week will be the one.

think positive thoughts and karma.

ps not annoyed today hence the lack of capitals.

I really feel for you Blakey, it's an extremely frustrating process, especially when you've paid an agent and they're not being helpful Hopefully your good news will come next week, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
I really feel for you Blakey, it's an extremely frustrating process, especially when you've paid an agent and they're not being helpful Hopefully your good news will come next week, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
hi mary thanks for the support , i feel like a right moaning minnie mouse at the mo.

its not that they are not being helpful thay have been great all the way thorugh its just seems at this moment in time we are stuck in this lovley hole waiting for the newsand nobody can help.

can you tell me how to put the time scale info under my name as i have tried a few times without success
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:55 pm

hi mary thanks for the support , i feel like a right moaning minnie mouse at the mo.

its not that they are not being helpful thay have been great all the way thorugh its just seems at this moment in time we are stuck in this lovley hole waiting for the newsand nobody can help.

can you tell me how to put the time scale info under my name as i have tried a few times without success

Click on My Profile at the top of the page, select edit profile, then enter the details in the extended signature section at the bottom of the page. Hope it works!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
Click on My Profile at the top of the page, select edit profile, then enter the details in the extended signature section at the bottom of the page. Hope it works!
hmmmm it wont let me , never mind thanks for trying to help.

good luck for the week ahead.

blakey1
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:34 pm

blakey1

Sorry, it's me.............got it wrong!!! go to edit signature, under settings and try it again.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:41 am
Just Joined

adamchippie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I've been reading a few of the messages left by you all and starting to get worried/confused.

I applied for Skilled Migration in Sept 07, i used a Migration Agent and the department have acknowledged receipt of the forms.
As i say, that was in Sept 07, but as yet i still have not heard anything, from my agent or the department.
I don't even think i have been assigned a case officer yet.

I am currently in Brisbane on a working holiday visa (which runs out in 4 weeks), the visa i applied for was a Skilled Independant (migrant) 136 visa offshore.
Looking at other peoples messages i can't help but wonder if i should have heard something by now or is this standard practice???

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, adam
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by adamchippie
Hi all, I've been reading a few of the messages left by you all and starting to get worried/confused.

I applied for Skilled Migration in Sept 07, i used a Migration Agent and the department have acknowledged receipt of the forms.
As i say, that was in Sept 07, but as yet i still have not heard anything, from my agent or the department.

I am currently in Brisbane on a working holiday visa (which runs out in 4 weeks), the visa i applied for was a Skilled Independant (migrant) 136 visa offshore.
Looking at other peoples messages i can't help but wonder if i should have heard something by now or is this standard practice???

Thanks, adam

There's still loads of people from August and September who haven't had their visa's through yet, so i wouldn't worry. If i were you i'd give your agent a call and ask him to chase it up - bet you hear any day now
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, adam

hi adam we applied for the same visa sept 13th with our agents , the co was gieven to us in december , i agree with mary give the agent a call and see whats happening, we havent had our visa yet either so dont be worrying about that .

just give the agent a call.

i take it you are a joiner with the chippie part on your name.

my hubby is one here and we would love some input on wages etc to expect and the work prospects.

we heading to brisbane.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, adam
Hi Adam and Welome to BE.

Did you apply paperbase or online?

If it was paperbase don't worry as I think there is only 1 Sept (on here) that has a CO. But they should get to you soon as ASPC are getting through Aug paperbase think and fast.

Good luck keep us updated

Tina x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Hi all, big thank you, put my mind at ease now. I knew there was a backlog with adelaide, but my agent does not really tell me much (they are primarily a law firm). I'll hold off on booking my flight to England, for now anyway

It was a paperbased application, i was originally going to do it all myself, but then i spoke to another expat and he told me to get an agent. Smart move

I will be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you again.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

hi adam we applied for the same visa sept 13th with our agents , the co was gieven to us in december , i agree with mary give the agent a call and see whats happening, we havent had our visa yet either so dont be worrying about that .

just give the agent a call.

i take it you are a joiner with the chippie part on your name.

my hubby is one here and we would love some input on wages etc to expect and the work prospects.

we heading to brisbane.
Hi Blakey1, thanks for your reassurance and good luck with your application.

As for joinery work, unless things have changed drastically in the last couple of months, there is still plenty of work around. If your hubby is after the big money i would suggest looking at some of the larger companies such as Watpac, Leighton, ADCO or Hutchinson Builders, they pay around 30 -35 dollars an hour at least. Only drawback is they mainly on deal with large projects such as commercial, high-rise tower blocks and so on..
A quick search on the net will give you a better idea of what they are about.

If he wants to stay with residential work, there is tonnes of work up at North Lakes and the whole northside and down south at Springfield Lakes and Redbank Plains, both areas are approx. 30 mins drive from the city. Again, expect to be paid around 30-35 dollars an hour.
Some companies do pay less, but as a bare minimum, you should be looking at no less than $28 an hour. Usual working hours are between 6am and 3pm.

One thing i would suggest to him is, as soon as he can (once he arrives), apply for a BSA trade licence, it is not compulsory but will give him more options work wise. It take about two weeks to complete the whole process, skills recognition, prior knowledge etc. and does not cost that much.

I can't think of anything else right now, feel free to get in touch if you want to know anything more.

Good luck

adam
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:29 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, adam
Hello Adam.

You wouldn't have applied for a subclass 136 visa in September 2007 - the last date you could apply for this subclass was 31/08/2007.

More probably you have applied for a subclass 175 visa, as this replaced the subclass 136.

Have you received an application file reference?

Maybe make some enquiries of your agent.

Best regards.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi Blakey1, thanks for your reassurance and good luck with your application.

As for joinery work, unless things have changed drastically in the last couple of months, there is still plenty of work around. If your hubby is after the big money i would suggest looking at some of the larger companies such as Watpac, Leighton, ADCO or Hutchinson Builders, they pay around 30 -35 dollars an hour at least. Only drawback is they mainly on deal with large projects such as commercial, high-rise tower blocks and so on..
A quick search on the net will give you a better idea of what they are about.

If he wants to stay with residential work, there is tonnes of work up at North Lakes and the whole northside and down south at Springfield Lakes and Redbank Plains, both areas are approx. 30 mins drive from the city. Again, expect to be paid around 30-35 dollars an hour.
Some companies do pay less, but as a bare minimum, you should be looking at no less than $28 an hour. Usual working hours are between 6am and 3pm.

One thing i would suggest to him is, as soon as he can (once he arrives), apply for a BSA trade licence, it is not compulsory but will give him more options work wise. It take about two weeks to complete the whole process, skills recognition, prior knowledge etc. and does not cost that much.

I can't think of anything else right now, feel free to get in touch if you want to know anything more.

Good luck

adam
hi adam thanks for the info this is great for us to know and thanks for the companies names, we have passed the TRA skills recognition here so will that help with the employment front untill he gets the BSA trade licence.

ooooh they are early work hours that will be a shock to system.

i will look up the big companies on the net see what they are about.

hubyy says thanks for the info.

we are heading to a place called thornlands to star as friends are based there at the moment , god knows when we will get over hopefully august .

thanks for the help hope you get some joy wiht the agent keep us posted.

blakey1
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

blakey1
fingers crossed for you this week.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lainey70
fingers crossed for you this week.
thanks lainey you too .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.