Wikiposts

September 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Good news for us today as well, not just in relation to the visa but our whole lives potentially - just had email from our panel doc to say results of hubby's echo are back and all is normal - phew

So can now organise a courier for meds (surgery still don't see why we won't use Royal mail but I've stuck to my guns on this)
Have got the address for LCU, do the docs need to write anything else on the envelope, like ref no?

Sam

Good news bout hubby.

We sent our meds off by courier but now all I seem to do is check the tracking page on the courier site to see where they are sad or what ha ha!

Tina x
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Brilliant news Sam
Ian..
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:35 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Good news for us today as well, not just in relation to the visa but our whole lives potentially - just had email from our panel doc to say results of hubby's echo are back and all is normal - phew

So can now organise a courier for meds (surgery still don't see why we won't use Royal mail but I've stuck to my guns on this)
Have got the address for LCU, do the docs need to write anything else on the envelope, like ref no?

Sam
Snap Sam,

My panel doctor secetary was being right ackward about sending the meds by courier and not RM. I had an argument with her and told her I was the customer and I had just paid £155 pounds for my medical, she will send it with the carrier I chose, either that I want to see the senior doctor to complain, funnily the meds got picked up the day later by DHL and currently on their merry way to Auz......people dont get the concept that RM international signed for is a con! Plus when we go to NHS doctors for a medical and we pay for it, we are private customers not NHS! I expect Bupa treatment hehe

Scottie.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
Snap Sam,

My panel doctor secetary was being right ackward about sending the meds by courier and not RM. I had an argument with her and told her I was the customer and I had just paid £155 pounds for my medical, she will send it with the carrier I chose, either that I want to see the senior doctor to complain, funnily the meds got picked up the day later by DHL and currently on their merry way to Auz......people dont get the concept that RM international signed for is a con! Plus when we go to NHS doctors for a medical and we pay for it, we are private customers not NHS! I expect Bupa treatment hehe

Scottie.

Yep, too right, we paid over £500 for our meds (not inc x-rays!) so if I want to send them by courier I really don't see what the problem is. However, I've now got to wait for them to measure and weigh the package and then I've got to arrange the courier to pick them up from the surgery.
But anyway, whats another couple of days in this game of patience?
Going to enjoy a glass of wine or two (again) to celebrate. Having a good week, feel well chilled at the moment

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Sam
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

now I'm worried, we had our medicals done yesterday and they are going to send it by royal mail, why is the royal mail not good to send then, and why the international signing crap, feeling unsettled butterflies in my stomach.

Lo
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAlly has a spectacular aura aboutAndyandAlly has a spectacular aura aboutAndyandAlly has a spectacular aura about

That's great news Sam,

Glad everthing was ok, get them sent ASAP and then you can join us all in the waiting game

Ally
xx
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:21 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Yep, too right, we paid over £500 for our meds (not inc x-rays!) so if I want to send them by courier I really don't see what the problem is. However, I've now got to wait for them to measure and weigh the package and then I've got to arrange the courier to pick them up from the surgery.
But anyway, whats another couple of days in this game of patience?
Going to enjoy a glass of wine or two (again) to celebrate. Having a good week, feel well chilled at the moment

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Sam
Heh Sam,

Check out www.interparcel.com, I sent my meds with them and increased the insurance to £250 and all in it cost £25, however its actually being delivered by DHL. DHL wanted £68 on their own website, shows it pays to shop about. I just got the secetary to measure the envelope 444cm x 365cm and DHL, IP etc dont charge below 1kg...so your meds wont weigh that. Also make sure the surgery dont seal the envelope until the courier looks in it. You will need to print off the address and the shipping labels and give to the surgery, all the instructions are sent by email as are the labels. Plus you can check the progress on DHL or Interparcel website. Really easy for us but for some weird reason a huge problem for the doctors surgery!

Scottie
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:25 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi guys,

now I'm worried, we had our medicals done yesterday and they are going to send it by royal mail, why is the royal mail not good to send then, and why the international signing crap, feeling unsettled butterflies in my stomach.

Lo
Well RM has been having lots of strikes, international signed for really isnt signed for, it cant be tracked easily and its only guaranteed signed for at point of departure from the UK!

Where as DHL, interparcel, UPS etc it can be tracked all the way to Auz and its signed for at DIAC and its just a much better system than the old RM. Its a little more expensive to send it this way but it saves the hassle of getting meds and x-rays redone. However its not to say these companies wont lose your mail, its just less likley.

Scottie
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Sam
Sam

Brilliant news. The relief must be fantastic. Now, get those meds off and joint the queue.

Best of luck.

Trish
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scrum
Sam

Brilliant news. The relief must be fantastic. Now, get those meds off and joint the queue.

Best of luck.

Trish
Hi Trish
How are all your plans going, when do you fly out...............
sharon
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:30 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well done Sam Something else has gone right for you.....WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 19 today since our meds were finalised.........the wait is a killer let me tell you
Hoping we all have some good news this coming week...............
Beth x x
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

just catching up - been on nights!

CONGRATULATIONS TO SAM AND SHARON!!!!!

you both must be so relieved - well good luck to everyone for this week - hopefully lots of good news!

vicky
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:50 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't get onto the spreadsheet page!!!!!! Can anyone else?
Beth x x
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:07 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

That's fantastic news for you guys Sam, must have been a tad worrying for you for a while.

Allan
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Fab News Sammy... now you can get him for causing you all that extra grief... wondering around the house clutching his chest! Indeed!

Well the med centre managed to send OH's and No2 son's meds, which apparently arrived on 6th Nov at LCU, but we can't get a response about my eldest son's meds, and mine won't leave until next Friday with my note from the GP saying I have normal BP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.