overweight for medical

Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:21 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: overweight for medical

I have just read all these posts and must thank you all for putting my mind at rest, we are having our medicals at Handworth Medical Centre on Thursday and with a BMI of 37 I was seriously concerned about passing.

Once again thank you.

Lisa XXX
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:56 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Laights
I have just read all these posts and must thank you all for putting my mind at rest, we are having our medicals at Handworth Medical Centre on Thursday and with a BMI of 37 I was seriously concerned about passing.

Once again thank you.

Lisa XXX
Good Luck Lisa
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:23 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Linda, will let you know how it goes.

Lisa
Old Dec 16th 2007, 2:39 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights

Once again thank you.

Lisa XXX
We had our meds done at HW they are very good except the issue regarding my heart.

All ok now tho........Good luck with them.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, I just wanted to add that when I went for my medical I was concerned as my BMI is 35 the doctor said it wouldn't be a problem and that it wasn't until your BMI was in the mid 40s that they might ask for more tests.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice

Hi, Just wanted to add that i too stressed big time about my bmi. It was 45+ in April when we applied and was 33 when i went for my medical in October. I got my visa with no reference to my weight. I would say that you dont have any worries!!!!! I wanted to lose the weight anyway so it was no loss (pun intended!) but when you hear that people get passed with bmi of 45+, then it seems all the stress was for nowt! Still im in 28 bmi range now so being size 16 instead of 28 was worth the stress!
Good luck with your medicals.
Sidneee X
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:17 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sidneee and kinnyboy
Hi, Just wanted to add that i too stressed big time about my bmi. It was 45+ in April when we applied and was 33 when i went for my medical in October. I got my visa with no reference to my weight. I would say that you dont have any worries!!!!! I wanted to lose the weight anyway so it was no loss (pun intended!) but when you hear that people get passed with bmi of 45+, then it seems all the stress was for nowt! Still im in 28 bmi range now so being size 16 instead of 28 was worth the stress!
Sidneee X
Oh well done on losing the weight Think I need to lose some weight in the New Year, but need it at the mo as it's soooooo cold outside....LOL
Beth x x
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice

Beth, tell me about it im FREEZING!!!! HAHAHA! I lost mine with a meal replacement diet. Hard work but AMAZING results! 7.5 stone in 6.5 months!
Hardcore and extreme but i can run up the stairs now! I couldnt do that at 20 stone! Worth every penny for me as i had 9 stone to lose. If you have a managable amount to lose (2-3 stone) i would say a less extreme diet is probably best! But hey, whatever floats your boat!
Love Sidneee X
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

We know somebody who I would estimate is about 4 or 5 stone overweight who has passed his medical, so not that strict.

Hope you get your visa and get healthy in the the Australian sunshine.

All the best,

Sara (just got my visa)
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:08 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Beth, tell me about it im FREEZING!!!! HAHAHA! I lost mine with a meal replacement diet. Hard work but AMAZING results! 7.5 stone in 6.5 months!
Hardcore and extreme but i can run up the stairs now! I couldnt do that at 20 stone! Worth every penny for me as i had 9 stone to lose. If you have a managable amount to lose (2-3 stone) i would say a less extreme diet is probably best! But hey, whatever floats your boat!
Love Sidneee X
Well I'm proud of you for losing the weight!!!!! I lost over 2 stone last year......but have put just over half a stone back on since
You lost a lot of weight quickly........well done you!!!!

Sara......CONGRATULATIONS on your visa grant!!!!
Beth x x
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Beth. Im sure the little bit you have put on is either stress or celebrating! Well done for being 1.5 stones lighter this christmas than last!
And the other thing you have gained is a chance at a new life down under!!!!
Yeah baby!
Merry christmas hon.
Love Sidneee X
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Sidneee X
Some of us worked damned hard to get to a BMI of 45! I lost 6 stone!

(Significantly edited from my deleted post!)