Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I lodge online visa 176 without assessment report?

Can I lodge online visa 176 without assessment report?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Can I lodge online visa 176 without assessment report?

Hi,
My ACS result is posted on 15 sept 2007, but unfortunately, I am not able to receive my ACS skills assessment report. However, I know I had been assessed +ve for MODL-2231-79. Now my status is that:
  • I had requested ACS to send a copy of my result letter, but due to christmas holidays ACS is not working these days until first monday of january. Therefore, I will not get assessment report before 12 January 2008.
  • On the other hand, I had done with medicals and doctor is holidng my report on my request. I cleared my doctor to hold report until I send you TRN which you can put on my meidcal report before sending to DIMA.

Now my question is: Can I lodge my application online and upload ACS assessment report within 28 days of lodgement? By this way, I will get TRN which I can send to my doctor so that he can forward medical report to DIMA?

Looking forward for advise.

Thanks.
Peace!
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I lodge online visa 176 without assessment report?

Originally Posted by peace19
Hi,
My ACS result is posted on 15 sept 2007, but unfortunately, I am not able to receive my ACS skills assessment report. However, I know I had been assessed +ve for MODL-2231-79. Now my status is that:
  • I had requested ACS to send a copy of my result letter, but due to christmas holidays ACS is not working these days until first monday of january. Therefore, I will not get assessment report before 12 January 2008.
  • On the other hand, I had done with medicals and doctor is holidng my report on my request. I cleared my doctor to hold report until I send you TRN which you can put on my meidcal report before sending to DIMA.
Now my question is: Can I lodge my application online and upload ACS assessment report within 28 days of lodgement? By this way, I will get TRN which I can send to my doctor so that he can forward medical report to DIMA?

Looking forward for advise.

Thanks.
Peace!
No, you need to send a positive skills assessment to make a valid application. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...t-you-need.htm
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Wendy. I have obtained +ve skills assessment from ACS. Only thing is that, I want to know whethe I can upload assessment report within 28 days of online lodgement or not?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:30 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

You can upload your evidence for as long as you want up until the decision is made. It is in your best interest to upload it sooner rather than later. In your situation, if it comes to acknowledging your application and the ACS letter would not be there by then, your application may be considered "invalid" as not having appropriate skills assessment.

AFAIK, they never tell the result over the phone or by other means than snail mail - are you so sure that you got the positive result?
NJ
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newjersey
AFAIK, they never tell the result over the phone or by other means than snail mail - are you so sure that you got the positive result?
ACS first sent original letter on my address on 15 sept which I never received. Then I requested ACS to send copy to my friend's address in Sydney. My friend got the copy and he told me the result. Therefore, I am sure of my result. My friend then posted me the letter but unfortunately, I didn't received it too. In fact, I gave him different address than the one on which ACS posted me letter on 15 sept.

As said, I have again requested another copy from ACS, but ACS will start working on 7th Jan 2008. Which means I will get copy around 20 Jan 2008.

Now my problem is that, on my request my doctor is holding my medical report. I told him, I will lodge my application by 31st Dec and will send him TRN which he can put on my application before sending to DIMA.

I don't know what to do in this situation? I thought of lodging application on 31st and uploading ACS assessment report by 26 Jan 2008. This way I will get TRN which I can send to doctor and he can proceed with sending report to DIMA.

But u r right, if in case, I failed to appload report, my application will get invalid by DIMA.

Kindly advise, what u would have done in this situation?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is possible, but can you ask the ACS to send a copy direct to the DIAC???

Fingers crossed that you can get this sorted out. It seems to be a problem not of your making.