overweight for medical

Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:16 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default overweight for medical

Has anyone been overweight for their medical? I have a BMI of 31 and my husbands BMI is 37. Our meds are booked for mid Jan and with the best will in the world my husbands will still be over 30. Is it going to be a problem?
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:20 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: overweight for medical

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Has anyone been overweight for their medical? I have a BMI of 31 and my husbands BMI is 37. Our meds are booked for mid Jan and with the best will in the world my husbands will still be over 30. Is it going to be a problem?
LOL.......I don't think many people are the perfect weight for their medical
I am about 3 stone overweight for my height with a BMI of 31........(should be under 25!!!) and I passed the medical with no problems
Beth x x
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:22 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Thanks for that Beth. Our agent seems to think we will be fine but having been overweight all of my life (apart from my wedding day!) you get used to the problems it can bring!
Well done on your visa btw. You are a super star on this site and you deserve it!
Linda
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:30 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Beth. Our agent seems to think we will be fine but having been overweight all of my life (apart from my wedding day!) you get used to the problems it can bring!
Well done on your visa btw. You are a super star on this site and you deserve it!
Linda
LOL......me a super star?!!!!!
I was worried about going for my medical, so I rung the med centre, who told me that your BMI is only taken into account if you are emigrating to NZ.......and they only worry about you being overweight if you also have problems like high blood pressure etc.
Anyway, who wants to be a size 0 with bones sticking out?!!!!!! I've got my lurve handles and they are here to stay!!!!! hee hee
Beth x x
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:40 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
LOL......me a super star?!!!!!
I was worried about going for my medical, so I rung the med centre, who told me that your BMI is only taken into account if you are emigrating to NZ.......and they only worry about you being overweight if you also have problems like high blood pressure etc.
Anyway, who wants to be a size 0 with bones sticking out?!!!!!! I've got my lurve handles and they are here to stay!!!!! hee hee
Beth x x
Yep, like I say you are a super star!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Trakki1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are otherwise fit and healthy and your size does not stop you from living a normal life or cause problem, ie high blood pressure etc then you will be fine. My BMI was 33 when I had my medical and my weight wasn't even mentioned. They did not work out my BMI, I did that before I went. My med was done on 13th Nov and sent off to OZ on 19th Nov, they were finalised on 6th December so I wouldn't worry.

HTH

Tracey
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

BMI 45. Got visa. Wish I had your BMI though!

No worries!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:36 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
BMI 45. Got visa. Wish I had your BMI though!

No worries!
Oh wow, thanks that's great to hear - thanks. I must add that I have lost 2 stone and my OH has lost 3 stone to get to those BMIs!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:18 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Hi 'ittakesages',

off topic, but I was just looking at the timelines on www.beupdate.co.uk and noticed that it says you've submitted a 136 visa, in December.

I thought that the 136 no longer exists since Sept 1st?
(replaced by the 175/176)
Is that a 'typo'?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

I got through without a problem and I am short for my weight
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Hi 'ittakesages',

off topic, but I was just looking at the timelines on www.beupdate.co.uk and noticed that it says you've submitted a 136 visa, in December.

I thought that the 136 no longer exists since Sept 1st?
(replaced by the 175/176)
Is that a 'typo'?
You are absolutely right - thanks for that. It was a typo. We are on the 175, they were next to each other on the drop list!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:00 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by geelong
I got through without a problem and I am short for my weight
I've been to the herbalist today for something that is calming! I think I will lose the weight through stress between now and then anyway
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:13 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to the herbalist today for something that is calming! I think I will lose the weight through stress between now and then anyway
My BMI was 39.5 meds went ok apart from them fudging up my chest xray and had to have more tests regarding an alleged anlarged heart.........which 4 weeks later turned out to be ok.

My cardiologist said there aint nowt wrong with my heart

We got our VISA and were off in April to Adelaide. Bring it on .
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Oh wow, thanks that's great to hear - thanks. I must add that I have lost 2 stone and my OH has lost 3 stone to get to those BMIs!!
Hey- i want tips ;-) I dont need a medical since i am going home not emigrating but i do have to lose a few inches since i bought my wedding dress a little too small :-)

Good luck BTW
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confuzzled
Hey- i want tips ;-) I dont need a medical since i am going home not emigrating but i do have to lose a few inches since i bought my wedding dress a little too small :-)

Good luck BTW
be carefull not to loose to much weight before your med...

i lost about 2 stone in weeks,,,it caused a kidney infection and i failed the med...

ast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.