Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Hi Sammy

Was told that the medical forms will need to be sent by Snail Mail to the LCU by the Panel doc...so this is not good news but we have done well so far so I don't think we should complain. Hopefully writing the TRN on the top will highlight to someone that this should have been an online medical that due to the system fault has had to be submitted manually. They will know how fast the main applications are going through and also that any delay in processing the meds we send will have a serious knock on effect to the case officers number of current cases. Why are online apps now used? - to reduce the timescales drastically and that has been declared by the government so Kevin Andrews the Immi MP will be under a great pressure to show that the department he is responsible for can do just that!!!!! It is a numbers and statistics game and a quick number at the beginning will reduce the average.

Re the scanning yes everything was scanned the week before ready to go. The colour scans generated big files sizes that were over the limits set so I just downloaded a free trial version of PDF compressor (Google: Cvista PDF compresssor), tweaked the settings and then 'shrunk' the files down to a managable size within the DIAC limits. It watermarks the files at the bottom slightly due to the fact you are using a trial version but this has not seemed to matter. I can confirm that I have now trialed the software and it works well and am now considering buying a copy. ;-)

Because the files were compressed quite well and my scanner allowed it I tender to group docs together for each person, so all the employment references for me went together on one file, all the qualification certificates for me went on one file, the local and scotland yard police checks went on one file etc etc. I did seperate scans for my wifes evidence but in the same way.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 6th 2007 at 9:43 am.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, Andy
Not too up on scanning, but will pass advice on to OH who hopefully will know what to do.
We'll do it all in advance so can make sure everything will fit etc.
Bit of a pain about having to go via LCU but as you say, its all good so far and as you say they will want to show the new system works well, so should get through them quickly.
Just got to get through the next few weeks waiting for skills assessment, I feel sorry for OH as he knows its all down to him now

Sammy
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sammy

Hope all goes well with your Husband's assessment. Fingers are crossed.

I know the pressure is on individuals as their families dream new life rests on their shoulders. But where there is a will there is usually a way and in Scotland we have the saying 'what is for you will not go by you'.

Hope the news is good.

Andy
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

That is very deep and meaningful, Andy!
But I know what you mean, I think things happen because they are meant to, when I look back over my life (that makes me sound a lot older than I am) things at certain times may seem awful or wrong but when you look back, it all worked better in the end - if you know what I mean.
Sammy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Hi everyone,
I'm just filling in the online form for the visa 175 and it asks for previous employment for the last 4 years, it asks for a description of duty's, my question is how detailed does the description have to be, is it the same as you had to do for the skills assessment or a brief description.
Thank for the help. Ian.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

mine was brief
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Hi Sammy

Was told that the medical forms will need to be sent by Snail Mail to the LCU by the Panel doc...so this is not good news but we have done well so far so I don't think we should complain. Hopefully writing the TRN on the top will highlight to someone that this should have been an online medical that due to the system fault has had to be submitted manually. They will know how fast the main applications are going through and also that any delay in processing the meds we send will have a serious knock on effect to the case officers number of current cases. Why are online apps now used? - to reduce the timescales drastically and that has been declared by the government so Kevin Andrews the Immi MP will be under a great pressure to show that the department he is responsible for can do just that!!!!! It is a numbers and statistics game and a quick number at the beginning will reduce the average.

Re the scanning yes everything was scanned the week before ready to go. The colour scans generated big files sizes that were over the limits set so I just downloaded a free trial version of PDF compressor (Google: Cvista PDF compresssor), tweaked the settings and then 'shrunk' the files down to a managable size within the DIAC limits. It watermarks the files at the bottom slightly due to the fact you are using a trial version but this has not seemed to matter. I can confirm that I have now trialed the software and it works well and am now considering buying a copy. ;-)

Because the files were compressed quite well and my scanner allowed it I tender to group docs together for each person, so all the employment references for me went together on one file, all the qualification certificates for me went on one file, the local and scotland yard police checks went on one file etc etc. I did seperate scans for my wifes evidence but in the same way.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Oh my god. Are you talking in a foreign language!! I must get someone else to do mine as I haven't a clue what you are talking about!! It sounds very scary!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Karen and paul

Sounds worse than it is!!!! It is really quite straight forward

The hardest part of a visa application is undoubtable the skills assessment, once you are past that stage it is quite straight forward and there is plenty of assistance from people on this forum if you get stuck.

Don't waste money on an agent unless you have a more complex case (that would be the first years beer money down the drain!!!)

Regards

Andy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

mine was brief
Hi Biggles you say yours was brief how brief are you talking and has it gone through ok. Cheers.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

I just copied the 5 main tasks off my current employment reference ver batim which were

Managing a Quantity Surveying team
Negotiation and Placement of Sub-contracts
Valuation and Processing of Sub-Contract Interim Applications and Final Accounts
Valuation and Processing of Main Contract Interim Applications and Final Accounts
Financial management of Construction Contracts

The above will probably mean nothing to you but as far as I know they have been accepted by DIAC, they certainly haven't come back to query

I trust this gives you some idea.

Andy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just copied the 5 main tasks off my current employment reference ver batim which were

Managing a Quantity Surveying team
Negotiation and Placement of Sub-contracts
Valuation and Processing of Sub-Contract Interim Applications and Final Accounts
Valuation and Processing of Main Contract Interim Applications and Final Accounts
Financial management of Construction Contracts

The above will probably mean nothing to you but as far as I know they have been accepted by DIAC, they certainly haven't come back to query

I trust this gives you some idea.

Andy
Thanks for that it certainly looks easier than explaining every little detail of my working day.
Ian.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I've just completed the 175 online app form....well apart from payment.
The IELTS worked and gave us 25 points.....YAY!!!!
We were asked for my hubby's family members, which we gave both of his parents and his brother, but they never asked for my family!!!! Couldn't seem to add them as it says 'relationship to you' (as in my hubby) and the choice was parent, brother, sister, etc......not mother-in-law, sister-in-law etc for my side of the family.
What did you do?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

The IELTS section of the online application awarding 25 points has always worked, it is the way the system alllocates (or doesn't allocate) the 15 points automatically if you hold a UK passport that seemed to be duff.

I noticed that about family members as well and thought this was another system glitch. Nobody has come back and asked me for information relating to my wife's family...but there is time yet.

I take it you have decided to submit online and bugger the agent!!!!

Andy

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 9th 2007 at 8:35 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:42 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Andy.......I've completed it all.......just hope the bank will refund the bankers draft for DIAC.....it's in my house still. Apparently they will refund it if it's not made out to a 3rd party......what do you reckon....is DIAC a 3rd party??
Emailed agent.....I AM SUBMITTING ONLINE and can I please have my skills assessment back....hee hee.
I've only put my hubby's parents and brother on the non-dependant not migrating section......bit baffled there!!!!! So you didn't add your wife's family details and nothing has been said?
Beth
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

I may be wrong but I think the 1st party is the bank, the second is you and the third party would be DIAC. Just ring the bank 1st thing and I am sure they will tell you. I would do this before you pay online!!!

Re the wife's family, no I didn't put them on cause they never asked!!!!

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.