Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Well done!

I think you are our first brave guinea pig!!

Sammy
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

I cannot see visa 175 in the list for online application.

Link: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...w.do?form=GSMA

After "Accepting the terms & conditions", it shows following visa for online submission:

Onshore General Skilled Migration categories
The following onshore visa classes are available only to overseas students in Australia who meet the two year study in Australia requirement .
  • Skilled - Independent Regional (Provisional)(Class UX, Subclass 495)
    (Pooled applicant invited to apply)
  • Skilled - Independent Overseas Student (Class DD, Subclass 880)
  • Skilled - Australian Sponsored Overseas Student (Class DE, Subclass 881)
  • Skilled - Designated Area Sponsored Overseas Student (Class DE, Subclass 882)

Offshore General Skilled Migration categories
    (Pooled applicant invited to apply)

What is the link for 175? Or they had temporarily removed for fixing problems in 175?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu/cs
The link to the 175 online application is here. I guess that if you've done the IELTS test then the points thing will be fine!

I've emailed the pre lodgement enquiry service so I guess they'll reply in a few days.... it'll probably take longer as I'm sure I'm not the only one to be asking 'Where are my English Language points?'

Ali x

Last edited by alipally; Sep 2nd 2007 at 9:36 am. Reason: wrong link!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Still - I cannot see online form for visa 175. The link you provided open "Retrieve saved application" window and ask for "Saved Application Id" and "Password".

Looks like service is available to certain countries
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Peace

Have you tried going the long way round via immi.gov.au - visas and immigration - migrants - skilled workers - visa options etc, you can get to it that way as the option is "Online Applications". Unless they are doing something about the english language boo boo?

Carla
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carla-trev
Hi Peace

Have you tried going the long way round via immi.gov.au - visas and immigration - migrants - skilled workers - visa options etc, you can get to it that way as the option is "Online Applications". Unless they are doing something about the english language boo boo?

Carla
I tried. This is the link for online applications:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...w.do?form=GSMA

isn't it? After Pressing "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" button, this link will navigate to different online visa applications. But I cannot see 175 visa on next page.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi

I have just done it and got the Skilled Independent 175 up. Here's the link:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu/cs

I followed your link and it definitely wasn't there. You might have to copy and paste this, don't know if the link will work directly......

Carla
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

YAY!!!! IT DOES WORK! I'M CLEVERER THAN I THOUGHT!!!!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

copy-pasted this time. It is taking me to "Retrieve saved application" screen and asking "Saved Application Id" , "Password"

What I am missing
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, you are right, I just did the same - it must have timed out or something.

It is there, I can only suggest that you follow the links right from the beginning and try again?????? I just know that I got to it by following the links from the homepage of www.immi.gov.au.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Carla
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok its working now (If u start from www.immi.gov.au). The same navigation was not working before and for sure the site was down. In this case, immi dept should had notified on website, but they don't.

thanks friend.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:22 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

So, has anyone managed to get the English Language points without an IELTS test result???
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ali

I am going to wait for confirmation before I apply online - don't want to pay the money to find out we haven't enough points!!! - but basically, if you hold a UK passport you are considered "competent" in the english language and are entitled to 15 points. However, if this 15 points still does not give you enough points (120 on the 175) then you can do the IELTS and if you gain a high enough score on that you will considered "proficient" and therefore will be entitled to 25 points!

Hope that helps, I am just going to keep an eye on this forum and others as I am sure it will be confirmed for definite on here.

Regards,

Carla
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:36 pm
Ping pong PoM

Yeah, I know. We need the 15 points to meet the passmark, the form is filled and saved. I've filled the pre lodgement enquiry email in..... on the website, and am waiting until this has been confirm by them before attaching the docuements and sending the money!!!

Kind of makes me wish I'd made him take the damned test... we'd be submitted by now!!

Ali x
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

I know what you mean, but hopefully this will all be sorted out in the next few days - I've waited this long a few more days won't hurt. Although, if I haven't heard, then I will probably print off the form and send it. At least I can hand write the points for english language ability!!!

I was going to email too but I thought loads of other people will be doing the same and they probably won't reply immediately. Perhaps you could let me know when you get a response what it says?

Regards,

Carla

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.