Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough
Default Online 175 Visa application - concerns

I have just completed an application for a 175 visa using the online method. I have observed a few anonomalies.

- The form does not credit any points at all for English unless you have completed an IELTS test within the last 2 years. I was under the impression (from this forum) that 15 points would be granted automatically for UK passport holders and then this be increased to 20 or 25 depending upon the results of the IELTS test?

- The document checklist generated specifically for the application requests various documents for all applicants mentioned on the form including those not migrating. For example, my father, who it specifically asked information of, will never migrate, is not on the 'migrate' section, yet is being asked to submit police and medical checks! Should I ignore these 'non relevant (in my opinion) requests and supply them only if the assessor specifically asks? Are they likely to ask?

- The checklist asks for evidence of an IELTS test for my spouse but not for the 18 year old dependant. It asks specifically for 'evidence of English language ability'. Does this mean an IELTS or would an A level in English language and literature suffice? It seems I still have to complete a paper based form 47A (old form).

Thanks for any input.....

Last edited by Fugazi1000; Sep 1st 2007 at 5:37 am.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:40 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Originally Posted by Fugazi1000
I have just completed an application for a 175 visa using the online method. I have observed a few anonomalies.

- The form does not credit any points at all for English unless you have completed an IELTS test within the last 2 years. I was under the impression (from this forum) that 15 points would be granted automatically for UK passport holders and then this be increased to 20 or 25 depending upon the results of the IELTS test?

- The document checklist generated specifically for the application requests various documents for all applicants mentioned on the form including those not migrating. For example, my father, who it specifically asked information of, will never migrate, is not on the 'migrate' section, yet is being asked to submit police and medical checks! Should I ignore these 'non relevant (in my opinion) requests and supply them only if the assessor specifically asks? Are they likely to ask?

- The checklist asks for evidence of an IELTS test for my spouse but not for the 18 year old dependant. It asks specifically for 'evidence of English language ability'. Does this mean an IELTS or would an A level in English language and literature suffice? It seems I still have to complete a paper based form 47A (old form).

Thanks for any input.....
Dear Fugazi,

Thanks for being a laboratory rat for the rest of us. Obviously the English points would depend on your passport of nationality not your place of birth - do you have two passports and identified the wrong one in the form?

Checklist of required medical and character checks - assuming you completed the form correctly that's a bit of a blunder and if you email me I'll pass the email address of the person in Adelaide who would need to correct it.

Passport of nationality of your wife and child may have determined IELTS requirement.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough

Dear George,

Thanks for a surprisingly quick response.

In all cases only one passport was specified per person and in all cases this is British. There are 4 applicants 3 of whom are over 18 and all of whom were born in England to British parents.

Now that I have logged out and back in and have reviewed the checklist, it no longer asks for documents the non-migratory names detailed. A bug in the application I suspect. I can give more details if you think it would help - I have a print-out of the before and after checklists. I am struggling to find how to add additional scanned documents. It is not obvious in the 'Query Application Status' area.

It does ask for both an IELTS test result for my wife, in addition to 'Evidence of English language ability'. I plan to provide GCE certificates for my wife and step-son (who isn't asked for IELTS but is asked for evidence) and IELTS for myself.

regards

Steve
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Steve

YOU ARE NOT ALONE - I have the same concerns

The automatic points test leaves me 10 points short cause it has not included points for English Language - I have just attached an additional scanned copy of each UK passport and tagged them 'Evidence of English Language'. Just have to hope these glitches are weeded out by the case officers

Another one - it only asked for details of 'your' family members and not those of yours and the wife's (ie. mum, dad brother, sister etc.) Should I have put my wife's family in aswell?

Another one - Application did not ask for wife's employment history or qualifications yet checklist says evidence of these are required for her. I am not claiming spouse skills so I think these may be irrelevant.

System will not let me download medical and xray referrals - temporary unavailable

Starting to think they didn't do a dummy run to see if all was working?

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 1st 2007 at 8:07 am.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:33 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

English language leaves us 15 points short, we're not submitting until this is sorted out... I'm going to email DIAC to ask for advice....

I think it was very brave of you to submit when it records less points than you need!
I'm a chicken! I'm not too good at taking risks with my money.... having read that the application fee is non refundable!!!

Ali x
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Online 175 Visa application - concerns

Either brave or stupid - one or the other!!!

The application just says you are under the points total but allows you to continue after reading the warning that it is at your own risk. If there was going to be a problem I am sure that the application would have been stopped in it's tracks saying that you didn't meet one of the key criteria.

As English is one of the key requirements for this Visa I am sure that it will get picked up by one of the case officers that I am claiming no points against English despite holding a UK passport.

Let us all know how you get on.

ANdy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Steve

YOU ARE NOT ALONE - I have the same concerns

The automatic points test leaves me 10 points short cause it has not included points for English Language - I have just attached an additional scanned copy of each UK passport and tagged them 'Evidence of English Language'. Just have to hope these glitches are weeded out by the case officers

Another one - it only asked for details of 'your' family members and not those of yours and the wife's (ie. mum, dad brother, sister etc.) Should I have put my wife's family in aswell?

Another one - Application did not ask for wife's employment history or qualifications yet checklist says evidence of these are required for her. I am not claiming spouse skills so I think these may be irrelevant.

System will not let me download medical and xray referrals - temporary unavailable

Starting to think they didn't do a dummy run to see if all was working?
Hi

Have been looking at the immi website, I read it that you have to complete a Form 1276 for yourself and a Form 47A for each dependent relative over 18 years, regardless of whether they are also migrating or not.
So I think that is where all of your spouse's info would go.
May well be wrong - no doubt someone will tell us.

Sammy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Sammy

This is an online application - no paper forms!!!

In theory all the questions on the Form 1276 should have been asked during the online application process.

perhaps you are reading the immi website in the context of paper application.

ANdy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

My understanding is that there IS a paper form to fill in (47A) as there was previously for any dependent over the age of 18 and this does not include the spouse of the main applicant. i.e. it's for the likes of children who still live at home or at university.

This needs to be completed by hand, scanned and attached in the same way as the other documents. It is on the 'customised document checklist'.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

No kids so guess that will not apply to me.

What about the old paper Form 80, do you think this will need to be completed by hand and scanned or do you think the application will give them all the information they need? Looking at the form 80 it seems there is quite a bit of information asked for on the paper form that I was not asked during the application process such as trips abroad, full employment history etc.

Last edited by biggles7374; Sep 1st 2007 at 10:24 am.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:22 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fugazi1000
My understanding is that there IS a paper form to fill in (47A) as there was previously for any dependent over the age of 18 and this does not include the spouse of the main applicant. i.e. it's for the likes of children who still live at home or at university.

This needs to be completed by hand, scanned and attached in the same way as the other documents. It is on the 'customised document checklist'.
Hi Guys,

Anyone who has lodged is welcome to contact me before Monday morning our time so I can take a suite of concerns to the ASPC and identify you each by your TRN.

With respect to the form 1276 I noticed that there's a typo in q.30 and the ridiculous structure of q.14, 44 and 65 which each ask for you to list each country you've been in for at least one year in the last 10 years and then give 11 lines for countries. That is, space for 11 years. As the Americans say, go figure.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks George

Will PM you with details

Regards

ANdy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Very gracious, thank you George.

Email is on it's way.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Sammy

This is an online application - no paper forms!!!

In theory all the questions on the Form 1276 should have been asked during the online application process.

perhaps you are reading the immi website in the context of paper application.

ANdy
Yes, you're right, Andy, I was reading the paper applications stuff, as we are not yet ready to apply - I made the assumption it would be much the same but obviously not!
Hope you've got your application done OK.

Just a couple of questions on the paper application -

It asks if you have met the 2 year study requirement in the last 6 months - what?? (page 11)

Why are there so many spaces for the countries you have lived?

There are questions on the form regarding both under and over 18 years old dependents who are included in the application, does the Form 47A need to be completed at all then?

George - thanks for your input, most appreciated!

Sammy
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sammy

Yes application is in and I have a copy of the A$2060 credit card receipt to prove it!!! OW that was sore!

Just a wee bit aprehensive about the points made earlier in the thread and the whether I need to submit a form 80 as the customised checklist I got doesn't mention it.

Am grateful for George Lombards assistance and will keep the thread updated as to progress

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.