OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by Tweenies
If your status has changed to further processing Sammy does that not mean you have a case officer ?
I don't think so because:

Nothing else has changed eg all evidence still says required
We haven't had an email from CO
Processing dates are stuck at 21st Sept (we are 13/10)
And we were told by ASPC not to expect a CO until Jan/Feb at the earliest

So on the basis of the above, no, I'm pretty sure we don't have one but pleased that all meds are finalised and now we can concentrate on Christmas and then trying to sell the house in the New Year. At the moment I'm feeling chilled out about it all, so no worries

Good luck to everyone else

Sam
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thesmiths
Hey Sam, great news re your hubby's meds. I know you were a bit concerned that he may need to be referred so brill news!

I know what you mean about this whole tiresome process. This time next year, it will hopefully (!) be all over and we will be looking back with big smiles on our faces, thinking ''it didn't take that long really......". Now where are these COs!!!!!!!:

Teresa
x
Thanks for that

I'm feeling quite chilled about it all now as meds are out of the way and we've got to just to wait and try and get on with our normal lives for now.
To be hones, the thought of moving to Oz sometimes scares me to death so this is a good, calm time for me until it all really does start to happen!!

Have you managed to sort out where you live whilst waiting for visa?

Sam
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Smile Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi Lainey,
Welcome to the longest wait of your life
We too applied in october for a 175 trade visa and are still waiting for a case officer. Our agent thinks we wont hear now untill after xmas as alot of staff will be off with their kids and things slow down at this time of year!
But watch this space and keep us up to date with your progress.
Claire.x
Hi Claire
I suppose the waiting isn't that bad. Xmas pressies to buy, kids off school and no work for a few days, just think about all your friends and family you will visit who will ask " have you heard about your visa yet?"
Our agent said getting the TRA was the hardest part to do... its a foot in the door or should we say one foot on the plane!
I'm thinking next xmas we will be finding it weird to have our celebrations in the sun! near a beach with a tan or chilling with a beer in our garden.
We will be looking back and saying "just think last year we were indoors with the horrid cold dull grey weather, everyone moaning , frizzy hair and kids being bored after opening thousands of presents not to mention the waiting and checking the internet for the slightest piece of news.
Good luck to those that have got their visa so far. We guys wont be far behind All the best to everyone and hope Xmas & 2008 brings visas and happiness .
lainey x
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Teresa

Good luck with the packaging and posting - at least you'll be an old hand at it when you get to Oz!

All meds now finalised, ours were last week, hubby's were finalised today, moved to futher processing on status page but without a case officer, not expecting to hear anything more now until we get one, hopefully in Jan/Feb time.

When we first started talking about this last Christmas,I naively thought it would only take 6 months start to finish but sadly not, so we will be here in UK this year but fingers crossed for a different Christmas next year for all of us!!

Sam
wow.. great... congratulations.. I hope u will hear from CO soon.

Good Luck.

Naveen
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

I don't think so because:

Nothing else has changed eg all evidence still says required
We haven't had an email from CO
Processing dates are stuck at 21st Sept (we are 13/10)
And we were told by ASPC not to expect a CO until Jan/Feb at the earliest

So on the basis of the above, no, I'm pretty sure we don't have one but pleased that all meds are finalised and now we can concentrate on Christmas and then trying to sell the house in the New Year. At the moment I'm feeling chilled out about it all, so no worries

Good luck to everyone else

Sam
Awwww thats a shame.
Good luck on getting one soon and have a great xmas in the mean time
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tweenies
Awwww thats a shame.
Good luck on getting one soon and have a great xmas in the mean time

Thanks!

Have a great Christmas too

Sam
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

thesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that

I'm feeling quite chilled about it all now as meds are out of the way and we've got to just to wait and try and get on with our normal lives for now.
To be hones, the thought of moving to Oz sometimes scares me to death so this is a good, calm time for me until it all really does start to happen!!

Have you managed to sort out where you live whilst waiting for visa?

Sam
Hi Sam,

Still no joy with accommodation. Desperately trying to contact the landlord to find out if he will let us stay on but its not looking hopeful. Its certainly taking my mind off the application - sort of!!

Once you have got the visa do you think you will go ASAP, house sale permitting?

Teresa
x
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thesmiths
Hi Sam,

Still no joy with accommodation. Desperately trying to contact the landlord to find out if he will let us stay on but its not looking hopeful. Its certainly taking my mind off the application - sort of!!

Once you have got the visa do you think you will go ASAP, house sale permitting?

Teresa
x

Hi Teresa

Hope you get your rental sorted soon, you can do without extra stress during this process!

When we get the visa we would like to go within a month, but obviously we have the house to sell, which may take ages, so we'll just have to wait and see. We would then have to arrange removals, flights, accomodation on arrival, sorting out finances, the dog, the horse and pony - OMG - best not to think too much really.

Pass me some more mulled wine and mince pies

Sam
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

thesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura about

Hi Teresa

Hope you get your rental sorted soon, you can do without extra stress during this process!

When we get the visa we would like to go within a month, but obviously we have the house to sell, which may take ages, so we'll just have to wait and see. We would then have to arrange removals, flights, accomodation on arrival, sorting out finances, the dog, the horse and pony - OMG - best not to think too much really.

Sam
Mmmmmm Mulled wine.....me too please. There are so many things to sort out but am sure it will all be worth it! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get a buyer - you deserve a quick sale with all the hard work you put in when you had the photos done! Fingers crossed for you.

Teresa
x
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi Claire
I suppose the waiting isn't that bad. Xmas pressies to buy, kids off school and no work for a few days, just think about all your friends and family you will visit who will ask " have you heard about your visa yet?"
Our agent said getting the TRA was the hardest part to do... its a foot in the door or should we say one foot on the plane!
I'm thinking next xmas we will be finding it weird to have our celebrations in the sun! near a beach with a tan or chilling with a beer in our garden.
We will be looking back and saying "just think last year we were indoors with the horrid cold dull grey weather, everyone moaning , frizzy hair and kids being bored after opening thousands of presents not to mention the waiting and checking the internet for the slightest piece of news.
Good luck to those that have got their visa so far. We guys wont be far behind All the best to everyone and hope Xmas & 2008 brings visas and happiness .
lainey x
Hi lainey
my agent said the same about TRA, my friend phoned me from sydney today, 35 degres and humid, massive thunder storms, can,t wait ha!. Have yo done yot meds etc yet, i did mine on friday and pcc were forwarded on line yesterday.Mark
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Hi Teresa

Sam
Hey sam
I had a good removal company round , they looked over stuff and then sent me a quote in the post , they are called white and company, its def worth getting them round asap to get a quote. i found them in the australia and new zealand magazine.

Mark
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by marksm3
Hi lainey
my agent said the same about TRA, my friend phoned me from sydney today, 35 degres and humid, massive thunder storms, can,t wait ha!. Have yo done yot meds etc yet, i did mine on friday and pcc were forwarded on line yesterday.Mark
Hi ya.
I was just reading on another thread... but cant for the life of me remember which one as i read so many
It was an e-mail some one had been sent from imm saying that you didn't have to wait for a co to apply for your meds, but you can wait if you want to. We haven't been yet so we might phone the agent 2mrrw just to check.
good luck
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Smile Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Dear All

I have cut and pasted this from the 'current processing times' thread and this may be where you read it

The inclusion of health forms on the department's website means that
applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by
commencing health and character checking before their application is
allocated to a case officer, however, applicants and migration agents
should be aware that:
o Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with medical
examinations and providing police clearances;
o Health examinations and police clearances have limited validity periods,
generally for a period of 12 months;
o If clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be
requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost;
o The ASPC may need to undertake other checking in respect of the
application that can delay a decision; and
o Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does not
guarantee an application will be successful.

Applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being
allocated for assessing through this e-mail service before deciding when to
undertake health and character procedures.
If you decide to undertake these checks before being allocated a case
officer it is suggested that these checks be initiated when allocation
dates are within three months of your date of lodgement.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT:
Applicants are not obliged to undertake these checks now and may wait until
receiving a further request from the department.
If any applicant is pregnant - please contact this office for further
advice before any person included in the application commences health or
character checking.
Non-migrating family members of applicants for a provisional/SIR visa
should not undertake health and character checking unless specifically
requested to do so.

This seems to go against the advice of some members of the forum who have stated that you have 28 days to get your medicals done from lodgement of your online application.

cheers
Jo
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

Many have got meds and pcc's done before requested, to try and speed up the process - eg when the case officer comes to look at the file ... everything is there for them!
The risk is that they are valid for 12months, so if in some strange way your visa took longer than that - you would have to have them re done. Secondly, which ever is completed first ( pcc or meds) you would have to enter Australia within one year from date - no later.
We've had ours done before they have been requested .. 'cause we can't wait to get out there!!!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

"Applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being allocated for assessing through this e-mail service before deciding when to undertake health and character procedures. If you decide to undertake these checks before being allocated a case officer it is suggested that these checks be initiated when allocation dates are within three months of your date of lodgement."

I got PCC on 14/July/2007 and lodged my application on 29/Oct/2007. Considering the above message do i need to do the PCC's again or it's only a suggestion?

Regards,
Naveen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.