Wikiposts

OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks Mark.............let's hope I haven't got to wait too much longer!!!! Started our skills assessment back in February.....and it's been a long, slow and expensive year so far for us
Beth x x
Hi Beth

Just popping in to see what is happening on the threads. Can't believe you are still waiting. Do you think Trish (Scrum) was lucky and managed to get visa just before they decided to stop dealing with the 175/176s and deal with the 136 backlog?

Sue
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:30 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OZ2GO
Hi Beth

Just popping in to see what is happening on the threads. Can't believe you are still waiting. Do you think Trish (Scrum) was lucky and managed to get visa just before they decided to stop dealing with the 175/176s and deal with the 136 backlog?

Sue
Hi Sue, they haven't stopped dealing with the post-sept applicants, just slowed right down due to the amount of new applicants they have had. Our CO has emailed us to say she is due to review our file in the next few weeks so hopefully we haven't got too much longer to wait
Trish and Biggles both had a different CO to me, and it depends on their workload as to how quick things progress. Mine must be up to her eyeballs....LOL
Hope things go smoothly for you,
Beth x x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

hi Beth,

at least you're are getting some communication from then . sounds hopeful .. good luck!!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:14 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebyron
hi Beth,

at least you're are getting some communication from then . sounds hopeful .. good luck!!!
Hi ebyron..........that email took 10 weeks to come back but CO told us she would be reviewing our file again in the next few weeks, so at least I know I'm in the queue....LOL
You'd think with the online status page DIAC could have added a bit to show the date when your file is due to be looked at next......that would de-stress a lot of people, just knowing you have to wait until say, December 20th before your CO will look at your case again!!
Beth x x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

cheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the rough

reading through all the posts..i thought i should my 10 pence worth!i lodged 18th oct and in the vein hope of speeding things up i have had medicals done and sent(i think they are just about to land in sydney today) and already sent police checks(front loaded). I havnt got a case officer and by the sounds of things i wont have untill january now!(better go out and get job...i finish mine end of dec!) but i decided to go ahead and do them anyways, so i know as soon as I DO get a co he/she wil have everything there and then.

ps oh and guys unless you like being depressed dont look at the sept applicant forum...coz even they havnt heard zilch and they are a whole month ahead of us!!:curse:
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Had email from Tas government resettlement officer this morning which stated that DIAC are experiencing a very busy period with exceptionally high levels of staff sickness - I think this explains some of the delays.
We've been told not to expect anyhthing until Jan/Feb and at this rate, I think thats rather unlikely. I have a feeling we will be dealt with in date order (which is only fair, after all) which will put us behind the enormous surge in August
But perhaps I'm just being a miserable pessimist, so just ignore me

Worst bit is everyone keeps asking when are we going, don't think our family believes us when we say we honestly don't have a clue!

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Hi
Last piece of doc jigsaw finalised nics nursing reg finalised now waiting for CO, she emailed to say that as Nics employment is not due til Feb? so it will be Jan before we get our visas granted so we have to wait to give our employers notice or take a gamble the visa is granted. Looking at posts where the visa was granted days after meds, our CO stringin us on a bit, but thers more waiting longer than us so keep on the vigil

Malx n Nic
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

any update today?

cheers
Naveen
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Has any got any good news?
Nothing here, other than getting email from ASPC last night, responding to one we had sent 3 weeks ago! Still didn't answer our question so I'm none the wiser, except it did say that applications would only be dealt with in date order - so don't think that counts as good news

Our meds are at LCU, think OHs will be referred as probs with his X ray, at least we should hopefully get them cleared before getting a CO as LCU appear to have caught up alot.

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

chillibird is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting for my UK police check!!! Spoke to them last week, they said it was posted on 1st Nov and must have got lost in the post so a second copy is on it's way. Waiting impatiently, as it's been a week now and when Mum sends me stuff it usually gets here in under a week.

Good news is that my friend (who put in spouse visa application 3 days before me) has had hers granted and spoke to the CO at the time, who said that I shouldn't worry and soon as I get police checks we should be good to go.

So I'm checking the mail box like a demented woman
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chillibird
Still waiting for my UK police check!!! Spoke to them last week, they said it was posted on 1st Nov and must have got lost in the post so a second copy is on it's way. Waiting impatiently, as it's been a week now and when Mum sends me stuff it usually gets here in under a week.

Good news is that my friend (who put in spouse visa application 3 days before me) has had hers granted and spoke to the CO at the time, who said that I shouldn't worry and soon as I get police checks we should be good to go.

So I'm checking the mail box like a demented woman
Hi Chillibird

Fingers crossed it won't be long, lucky you!!!

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sam!!

Just glad I won't have to tell more lies to my boss-to-be. My registration, however, is another story. I seem to spend half my life on the phone/internet communicating with government bodies or medical councils at the moment.:curse::curse:

Where in Aus are you intending to go?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chillibird
Thanks Sam!!

Just glad I won't have to tell more lies to my boss-to-be. My registration, however, is another story. I seem to spend half my life on the phone/internet communicating with government bodies or medical councils at the moment.:curse::curse:

Where in Aus are you intending to go?
Hi

Probably heading to Tasmania but will depend on job situation, I'm a midwife and OH is a pharmacist. There is more work easily available for me but as he can earn more than me the plan is for him to be main worker (well, my plan, anyway) Ideally, I'd like not to work for a few months in order to be around for the children to help them settle etc.
Where are you off to, I think you did say but I can't remember.
Don't tell me about registration, hubby has spent £1000 so far, had to do an elgibility application, IELTS test, and a competency exam - when he finally gets to Oz, has to have interview, 4 weeks supervised practice, and yet another exam! Then he can finally register as a pharmacist in Oz
Are you a doctor?

Sam
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I'm a doctor. Dual trainee in Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, although I have my UK MRCP also so am a bit of a jack of all trades...

Shouldn't complain really as all the time I've spent in Singapore is recognised by the Aussie Anaesthetic college and I don't have to do the ITELS (but I do have to prove I speak English by getting a letter from my secondary school in the UK saying that my education was in English - is this not an option for your husband?). It's just proving frustrating trying to get all the documentation sorted out while I'm here as everything takes longer to get here from UK or Aus and I need things from both places. The medical boards have really tightened up since the last time I was registered. I've just had some documents rejected because they were certified with the wrong wording:curse::curse::curse:

We're going back to Sydney, I have fantasties about a lovely house in one of the Eastern suburbs which we probably can't afford. I was on the Central Coast for a year (very nice area) and then in Kirribilli and Kings X for a year before I came over here. Met my husband in a bar on Oxford st cos I'm a classy kind of bird

Tasmania will be different!! I went there with some girlfriends to walk the overland trek and it was great fun. Wide open spaces, not many people, lots of healthy activities. Reminded me a bit of NZ actually...

How old are your kids?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Just popped in from Nov, 'cause hoping to see some movement to give me hope!!

We are also heading for Sydney. You seem to know it well - any recommendations for me, OH and two kids ( 4 and 1?!?!). We've been there before, but it was a looooonnnnggg time ago! Hoping to go for just a couple of years for a different experience for us and the kids before settling down back here and becoming sensible!!

Good luck to you all!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.