Wikiposts

Non Migratory Dependents

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Neil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really niceNeil51 is just really nice
Default Re: Non Migratory Dependents

Some of the stupid and childish comments on her directed to ex-partners are so unproductive. ("my ex- is worse than your ex_ " Nah Nah" is how it all seems to me). Despite this what it says is that this area is a real problem that needs addresing.
The Immigration Act is now 50 years old and fifty years ago the definition of "family unit" was completely different from now. With all the illegitimate children, high divorce rates, estranged partners, teenage pregnancies etc. It is no wonder there is uncertainty here.
It is simple to amend laws and if the Australian parliament can do it for de-facto partners (where there would seem to be far more scope to abuse the system and get a visa) then it can be done for this area.
Listening to some of the comments on her about how people are suggesting bribeing their children to accept a medical, telling them lies about how to get them out of their custodian's house, is obviously wrong, but I wonder whether this is what DIMA want. It makes me feel that the people who will get a visa are the ones who have lied and connived to get there. If this is the type of person that Australia wants then the this is borne out of the situation they have created. It is certainly not the type of person I would want in my community.
Looking at this from a different point of view, what about the people who want a new life in Australia but are not prepared to jump through hoops, lie to their children, or contact violent ex-partners. It is these people with more ethics who will think that they will take their skills elsewhere, and when once they thought Australia was a progressive country, now feel that they are not prepared to do everything demanded of them.
It is just a thought. Australia wants our skills, but professional and highly skilled people are in demand all over the world. DIMA should address this grey area of lose out on the skills it needs to encourage.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to comment on some of the things said in this thread from a personal point of view, but I shall resist the temptation. Instead I will keep my Moderators hat firmly on.

Jeremy has given the official answer to your questions. The information he has provided regarding Stat Decs, documenting of evidence and of attempts to see your children and to get to medicals - its factual. Its the way you need to proceed. Tracey's post after speaking to their Case Officer confirms that this is the way to go.
The Immigration Dept is not concerned in the least with any points scoring over your ex-partners, or with making life difficult for you, your child, or the other parent.
It is concerned with ensuring that migration law is adhered to.
It is concerned with ensuring that there is no risk of your child wishing to emigrate at a later date, only to be found to have a medical condition which causes a large cost to the country.

I appreciate that this is a stressful and emotional situation, but please, take a deep breath. Step back from the problem, and try to see it objectively, which is the way that it has been viewed by a couple of posters, and the migration expert, posting in this thread. When one is in the middle of such an emotive situation, it is often difficult to see the way forward clearly, so please for the sake of your children, step back and approach this calmly. Compile the suggested lists of evidence of attempts to see the child, attempts to book medicals, etc. Get the doctor to email you and tell you he cannot see you on a Saturday, and use it as evidence. Get your solicitor to write to the ex-partner and request that you be allowed to take the child for a medical, and document the receipt of the letter along with a Stat dec stating the parent refused to address the issue.

I have to say also that I am getting a little concerned about some of the vitriolic comments directed at the ex-partners. Calm down guys. Comments like "Ex partners generally look after the kids's basic needs" are horrendous generalisations and help no-one. We are here to support each other, not to insult those who are not on the forum to defend themselves.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

?????????? aust bound i dont remember any one blaming their ex for the divorce in this thread? i think we are blaming the ex (and god i dont want to start this again) for causing problems with getting the medicals ? ok they will think we are the devil and want to burn us alive and as such they will do things to cause us problems, but i have never ev er blamed the ex for the break up??????????????????????????? far from it in fact, all i am trying to say is can we get back to helpfull info about the kids medicals only please

Tony
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil51
The Immigration Act is now 50 years old and fifty years ago the definition of "family unit" was completely different from now. With all the illegitimate children, high divorce rates, estranged partners, teenage pregnancies etc. It is no wonder there is uncertainty here.
It is simple to amend laws and if the Australian parliament can do it for de-facto partners (where there would seem to be far more scope to abuse the system and get a visa) then it can be done for this area.

It is just a thought. Australia wants our skills, but professional and highly skilled people are in demand all over the world. DIMA should address this grey area of lose out on the skills it needs to encourage.
The reason for this issue is that all natural children under 18 (not married), whether financially dependent or resident with the applicant or not, are considered "family members" for the purposes of migration. This makes it easy for such children to be sponsored for a child visa, for example, but causes problems for those migrating initially because of the need for all family members to do medicals.

This definition dates only from 1999, not 1958 (The Act is constantly being amended and doesn't bear much resemblance to its original form).
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:15 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

oh wow i am leaving this thread as its going the wrong way

Bye
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Hi Folks.

I appologise now for my post recently.

I guess i have kinda taken it a little bit personally, and i should have taken a step back before replying.

Sorry.

However, I would still like to keep this thread going to keep in touch with the folks in the same position as we are.

Tracey

PS, this is a stressful and difficult time for those involved, and maybe that should be appreciated
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

sparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
Hi Folks.

I appologise now for my post recently.

I guess i have kinda taken it a little bit personally, and i should have taken a step back before replying.

Sorry.

However, I would still like to keep this thread going to keep in touch with the folks in the same position as we are.

Tracey

PS, this is a stressful and difficult time for those involved, and maybe that should be appreciated
I THINK U HAVE NOTHING TO APPOLOGISE FOR....WE ARE ALL ..ALOUD TO HAVE OUR SAY ...WHAT EVER ...U MAY THINK (BUT NOT A SLAGGIN MATCH )

ALL WE WONT TO DO IS GET TO ........OZ TO START AGAIN

LETS SEE IF WE CAN STICK TO THE ...THREAD.
PLEASE,
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Mort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura about

Agreed

If we all share how things are going and any progress we've made then the thread has been worth it.

Best of luck "brothers and sisters for justice"

Mort
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

sparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mort
Agreed

If we all share how things are going and any progress we've made then the thread has been worth it.

Best of luck "brothers and sisters for justice"

Mort
here here
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcmcman
?????????? aust bound i dont remember any one blaming their ex for the divorce in this thread? i think we are blaming the ex (and god i dont want to start this again) for causing problems with getting the medicals ? ok they will think we are the devil and want to burn us alive and as such they will do things to cause us problems, but i have never ev er blamed the ex for the break up??????????????????????????? far from it in fact, all i am trying to say is can we get back to helpfull info about the kids medicals only please

Tony
Yes a few have blamed their ex's for how they affect their lives now. My point was I don't, I go out of my way to be nice to her! Makes life so much easier!
I thought there was going to be no kids medicals???? As ex's are stopping them?
Very confusing thread as those concerned about the childrens welfare have been dealt with very bluntly!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

I suppose we are proof that you dont necessarily need a medical from non migrating children.

Got an email from c/o this morning - our visa has been granted!!!!!

I am absolutely over the moon!!!!

All the stress we've been through seems almost worth it now lol

Tracey

PS, hope that has cheered some folk up!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:13 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news Trace , we have had email to say we need to get third party confirmation because she is still being awkward so going to do a stat dec. Did you get yours just signed by a solicitor or does it need notarising?

Joex
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Fantastic news Trace , we have had email to say we need to get third party confirmation because she is still being awkward so going to do a stat dec. Did you get yours just signed by a solicitor or does it need notarising?

Joex
Hiya Joe

we did a stat dec just signed by our solicitor.
she didnt stamp it, just signed it.

Tracey
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Mort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura aboutMort has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tracey

After a crap morning at work, you've made my day

I'm over the moon for you, hope you're really chuffed with yourselves.

So, where are you going? When? What you gonna be doing?

Mort
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mort
Hi Tracey

After a crap morning at work, you've made my day

I'm over the moon for you, hope you're really chuffed with yourselves.

So, where are you going? When? What you gonna be doing?

Mort
Hiya Mort.

I am sooooooooooo happy! Had an insane grin on my face all day. Just cant wait to see my hubby tonight! Gonna celebrate!

We're heading for Adelaide. I have family there, so cant wait to see them. My sister and nephew moved there last July (the last time i saw them was my wedding day in June) and i miss them like crazy! always been very close to my sis, and since my nephew was born 4yrs ago, i was always like a second mum to him. Feels like i've lost a limb when i havent seen them!

Me and hubby are both IT people. I'm into systems admin, building computers, troubleshooting, webdesign, etc and he is into similar stuff, but not webdesign (coz he's not quite as creative )
we both have experience of ICT in schools, so we will look into that, and i also have a background in office admin, so we have quite a good skill set between us.

We were planning to go in June, so will try book the flights this week.

Best of luck to you all, and it was so good to know i wasnt the only one having problems with a witch (ex).

Tracey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.