Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Wikiposts

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

mapusok is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Hi everyone,

Looks like we'll be left behind among others here. We decided to advise our CO to defer our application until my wife gave birth to our first child .. (yahoooo!). There is a way to pursue but it's our personal choice to suspend...

Goodluck mates!!!!!...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Originally Posted by mapusok
Hi everyone,

Looks like we'll be left behind among others here. We decided to advise our CO to defer our application until my wife gave birth to our first child .. (yahoooo!). There is a way to pursue but it's our personal choice to suspend...

Goodluck mates!!!!!...
good luck to you also
jacqui
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:36 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I know some of you haven't heard anything yet, and would love to be in my boat but.... when you KNOW you have a CO, and you have SENT in everything that he has asked for and THEN you are still waiting waiting waiting for a VERDICT, my God you will then realise that not knowing anything is easier than constantly wondering would they are going to decide.

This is all beginning to do my head in a bit now. Wake up a stupid times of the morning and have to resist coming down to see if there are any emails. I would not want to be shrieking the house down at 5am!!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:45 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I know some of you haven't heard anything yet, and would love to be in my boat but.... when you KNOW you have a CO, and you have SENT in everything that he has asked for and THEN you are still waiting waiting waiting for a VERDICT, my God you will then realise that not knowing anything is easier than constantly wondering would they are going to decide.

This is all beginning to do my head in a bit now. Wake up a stupid times of the morning and have to resist coming down to see if there are any emails. I would not want to be shrieking the house down at 5am!!
Hmmm a CO would be nice Anne4Terry...
The frustration at not being assigned a CO is doing my head in, it just seems forever, 17 weeks on Weds, NOT that I'm counting!!
I've mentioned it before but the May date that they say they are up to is absolute rubbish. Grrrrrr!
Right I've finished now. (for now)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:55 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same boat as you Anne and know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I have a CO who has all the information she has asked for but no decision. To make matters worse I'm housebound with shingles so can't do anything to take my mind off things. Hopefully we'll both get the news we're waiting for very soon.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Hmmm a CO would be nice Anne4Terry...
)
I appreciate that, and knew that this may annoy somebody but, oooooo, this is worse believe me. You'll understand SOON, I hope.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
I'm in the same boat as you Anne and know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I have a CO who has all the information she has asked for but no decision. To make matters worse I'm housebound with shingles so can't do anything to take my mind off things. Hopefully we'll both get the news we're waiting for very soon.
I have been doing a course which has kept me busy, but it is finished now and I have got this week off work so, aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Really really hope you are feeling better soon. You poor soul.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:06 pm

I appreciate that, and knew that this may annoy somebody but, oooooo, this is worse believe me. You'll understand SOON, I hope.
Anne I'm not annoyed at anyone on here, good luck to all who are going through the application process. I am just really annoyed at the inconsistency at DIMIA on applications, especially 136 MODL apps.

Regards

Rich
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Anne I'm not annoyed at anyone on here, good luck to all who are going through the application process. I am just really annoyed at the inconsistency at DIMIA on applications, especially 136 MODL apps.

Regards

Rich
No that's fine, I knew you weren't taking it personally. I just tried in an inept way to explain that I understood that it might seem mean complaining about waiting for a verdict when you don't even have a CO yet. I feel sorry for you, I feel sorry for me, I feel sorry for everyone waiting. Oooo, I can feel the luurve spreading from ma bones
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:28 pm

Oooo, I can feel the luurve spreading from ma bones
Steady now! It's far too early for that.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

'when you KNOW you have a CO, and you have SENT in everything that he has asked for and THEN you are still waiting waiting waiting for a VERDICT,

'This is all beginning to do my head in a bit now. Wake up a stupid times of the morning and have to resist coming down to see if there are any emails. I would not want to be shrieking the house down at 5am'

I had to quote you here as we are exactly the same boat!!!!!and looks like we are acting the same way!
However the choice between knowing you have a CO and not knowing?????thats a tough one
We all know the DIMIA is inconsistant but there is nothing at all we can do to make ant diffrence....so we wait. I have heard it likened to giving birth...once the baby arrives you forget about the pain.....mmmmmmmmm lets see
anyway bring on the visa's!!!!!!
jacqui
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know whats happening with us. Lodged 30/6/05. Had a e-mail on 11 October to say we had been assigned CO etc. 136 MODL app BTW. So excited then as I read on so gutted. He explained that some of my work experience was unlikely to be recognised so that left me short of the 10 points for specific work experience so therefore I wouldn't pass the points test. You can imagine how I felt. Devastated doesn't begin to cover it.

Anyway, he then asked had we considered a STNI visa, because he could see from our form that we wanted to settle in WA and they now participate in this type of visa. He very kindly gave me the web site and e-mail details. I got in touch straight away and found out what I needed to do. My occupation was on their priority list so I faxed my application to WA last Monday 17.10.05. I didn't come on here to tell you as I wanted to wait and see waht the outcome was. I received a letter from them yesterday, 24th, to say I have secured a State Nomination. Whoohoo!!!

In the meantime I had e-mailed my CO to say waht I had done and was there anyting else he needed assuming I obtained the nomination. He told me we needed to send a form 47A as my daughter has turned 18 since we applied, also proof of her dependence on us ie a letter from her college to show she is a student. So yesterday we sent off that and form 1022. Fingers crossed when that all arrives and he receives the form direct from WA STNI we should be OK!!!

I must say our CO has been very helpful and everytime I've e-mailed him he has answered very quickly, the same with the people at WA. They have all been very kind.

Hope everyone out there waiting hears something soon, and I know how you feeling Anne4Terry. We can do no more its just back to the waiting game!!

Sorry for rambling on but I thought you might be interested.

Bye for now.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:51 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know whats happening with us. Lodged 30/6/05. Had a e-mail on 11 October to say we had been assigned CO etc. 136 MODL app BTW. So excited then as I read on so gutted. He explained that some of my work experience was unlikely to be recognised so that left me short of the 10 points for specific work experience so therefore I wouldn't pass the points test. You can imagine how I felt. Devastated doesn't begin to cover it.

Anyway, he then asked had we considered a STNI visa, because he could see from our form that we wanted to settle in WA and they now participate in this type of visa. He very kindly gave me the web site and e-mail details. I got in touch straight away and found out what I needed to do. My occupation was on their priority list so I faxed my application to WA last Monday 17.10.05. I didn't come on here to tell you as I wanted to wait and see waht the outcome was. I received a letter from them yesterday, 24th, to say I have secured a State Nomination. Whoohoo!!!

In the meantime I had e-mailed my CO to say waht I had done and was there anyting else he needed assuming I obtained the nomination. He told me we needed to send a form 47A as my daughter has turned 18 since we applied, also proof of her dependence on us ie a letter from her college to show she is a student. So yesterday we sent off that and form 1022. Fingers crossed when that all arrives and he receives the form direct from WA STNI we should be OK!!!

I must say our CO has been very helpful and everytime I've e-mailed him he has answered very quickly, the same with the people at WA. They have all been very kind.

Hope everyone out there waiting hears something soon, and I know how you feeling Anne4Terry. We can do no more its just back to the waiting game!!

Sorry for rambling on but I thought you might be interested.

Bye for now.
That's brilliant news......I hope it all works out for you and you get your visa soon.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

The very best of luck, Pauline. With determination, you will get there in the end. Michelle
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Thanks A-Team and JohnandMichelle.

Well hopefully, if determination has anything to do with it, we will get there one day!!!!!

Good luck to you both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.