Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Wikiposts

News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: News from June 2005-Skilled visa applicants???

Thats brilliant news, I hope everything goes well for you now
jacqui
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know whats happening with us. Lodged 30/6/05. Had a e-mail on 11 October to say we had been assigned CO etc. 136 MODL app BTW. So excited then as I read on so gutted. He explained that some of my work experience was unlikely to be recognised so that left me short of the 10 points for specific work experience so therefore I wouldn't pass the points test. You can imagine how I felt. Devastated doesn't begin to cover it.

Anyway, he then asked had we considered a STNI visa, because he could see from our form that we wanted to settle in WA and they now participate in this type of visa. He very kindly gave me the web site and e-mail details. I got in touch straight away and found out what I needed to do. My occupation was on their priority list so I faxed my application to WA last Monday 17.10.05. I didn't come on here to tell you as I wanted to wait and see waht the outcome was. I received a letter from them yesterday, 24th, to say I have secured a State Nomination. Whoohoo!!!

In the meantime I had e-mailed my CO to say waht I had done and was there anyting else he needed assuming I obtained the nomination. He told me we needed to send a form 47A as my daughter has turned 18 since we applied, also proof of her dependence on us ie a letter from her college to show she is a student. So yesterday we sent off that and form 1022. Fingers crossed when that all arrives and he receives the form direct from WA STNI we should be OK!!!

I must say our CO has been very helpful and everytime I've e-mailed him he has answered very quickly, the same with the people at WA. They have all been very kind.

Hope everyone out there waiting hears something soon, and I know how you feeling Anne4Terry. We can do no more its just back to the waiting game!!

Sorry for rambling on but I thought you might be interested.

Bye for now.

Congratulation!
I new you could get it!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Thanks a lot Jacqui & tibidabo.

It's so nice to be able to tell people who understand how hard this process is. Friends and family mean well but they don't really know what you have go through to get this far. I'm sure most of them just think you send a form off and hey presto, you've got a visa!!!!

Your support and good wishes mean a lot.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:42 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Great news Pauline and Ian. Very similar boat to us then, as it was the 10 points for specific work experience that we may have had a hiccup with. I was ecstatic when I read that we had a CO then went into despair at what they were asking for. There's every possibility that we may end up looking at STNI. Don't know if we can just change it over to that if they don't accept our references for work experience? Hope so as the old man is old now (45)!!

I've just had an email from our agent who said she is going to email our CO for an update. Quite happy about that actually as I am beginning to feel quite sick each day now. I know DIMIA says not to contact COs but perhaps they are a little more lenient with an actual agent doing it and I guess it is something our agent has done before. I'll let you know as soon as she hears anything.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

The Skilled application you have made is for a 136 and a 137 visa - Skilled Independent and STNI. When you are hoping for the 10 points for Recent Work Experience, you can sometimes come unstuck if, for more than 12 months of the previous 4 year period, DIMIA classify the period as being in an occupation that is not closely related to your Nominated Occupation or, worst still, is not in any skilled occupation on the SOL.

So if you have the required 3 years experience in your nominated or closely related occupation in the last 4 years, you get 5 points in stead of 10 points or possibly no points if you have unemployment or periods that are not recognised to be in any skilled occupation on the SOL.

This can have serious problems if it interferes with the basic requirements of needing 12 month in the previous 18 months in ANY skilled occupation on SOL. So this could result in refusal of the visa application as oppose to being assessed at below 120 and placed in the POOL and invited to apply for an SIR within 6 months.

So if there seems to be a problem with claiming the 10 points, you need to find out asap whether it is a problem that is going to put you into the POOL with STNI and SIR options or a problem that could lead to refusal of the visa.

Tony

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Great news Pauline and Ian. Very similar boat to us then, as it was the 10 points for specific work experience that we may have had a hiccup with. I was ecstatic when I read that we had a CO then went into despair at what they were asking for. There's every possibility that we may end up looking at STNI. Don't know if we can just change it over to that if they don't accept our references for work experience? Hope so as the old man is old now (45)!!

I've just had an email from our agent who said she is going to email our CO for an update. Quite happy about that actually as I am beginning to feel quite sick each day now. I know DIMIA says not to contact COs but perhaps they are a little more lenient with an actual agent doing it and I guess it is something our agent has done before. I'll let you know as soon as she hears anything.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Just thought id shed some light and hope i havent caught wrong end of the stick here. STNI applications need only meet the pool mark of 75 points.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

My goodness, Pauline, you must have been to hell and back. Sounds like you managed to find another way with STNI though, which was lucky. That list is quite limited and so you were lucky to be on the WA list. Fastastic break for you. Good luck with the last part. And good luck to all other June applicants, may we get our visas very very very soon. Before Christmas would be really nice...
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandrew
Just thought id shed some light and hope i havent caught wrong end of the stick here. STNI applications need only meet the pool mark of 75 points.
That's right but 136 applicants looking for an SIR invite need to score 100 (or potential of 100 with investment) which with the 10 points available for an SIR nomination takes them to the required 110 pass-mark for SIR

Tony
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by happymum
My goodness, Pauline, you must have been to hell and back. Sounds like you managed to find another way with STNI though, which was lucky. That list is quite limited and so you were lucky to be on the WA list. Fastastic break for you. Good luck with the last part. And good luck to all other June applicants, may we get our visas very very very soon. Before Christmas would be really nice...

Thanks happymum. It hasn't been plain sailing for us at all, as you can tell if you look at my timeline, but fingers crossed we seem to be on track now. Hopefully the end is in sight and our day will come. Thanks for your good wishes and the same goes to you.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandrew

Hi Mandrew,

According to the e-mail I had from our CO the pass mark for STNI is 70 points. In other words if you secure a nomination you only need to score 70 points when your application is assessed at DIMIA.

Are you applying for a STNI?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi Anne4Terry,

Our CO said that as a 137 is part of the same subclass as 136 there was not a problem with switching from one to the other, in fact that is what he has done for us. So hopefully if it comes to it you can do the same. Whereabouts are you hopeing to settle? I believe only certain States participate. Luckily for us we wanted to go to WA anyway so in reality it hasn't made much difference to us.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Anne4Terry,

Our CO said that as a 137 is part of the same subclass as 136 there was not a problem with switching from one to the other, in fact that is what he has done for us. So hopefully if it comes to it you can do the same. Whereabouts are you hopeing to settle? I believe only certain States participate. Luckily for us we wanted to go to WA anyway so in reality it hasn't made much difference to us.
We are off to WA as we have family there. Luckily we are on the MODL. My agent has received an email from our CO saying that he is handling mail that arrived on 10th October. Ours arrived on the 15th :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

' My agent has received an email from our CO saying that he is handling mail that arrived on 10th October'
when did you get this news? I am asking because I sent my original skills assessment on the 5th oct so it should have been there on the 9/10th oct, so if this the case it will hopefully be good for us as this the last bit of info our CO needed
jacqui
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by s/nurse
' My agent has received an email from our CO saying that he is handling mail that arrived on 10th October'
when did you get this news? I am asking because I sent my original skills assessment on the 5th oct so it should have been there on the 9/10th oct, so if this the case it will hopefully be good for us as this the last bit of info our CO needed
jacqui
This was an email I got from my agent today. It was a reply from my CO in an email today. It only applies to my CO so if you should happen to have the same CO as me then you could well hear before we do
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

This was an email I got from my agent today. It was a reply from my CO in an email today. It only applies to my CO so if you should happen to have the same CO as me then you could well hear before we do
My CO is section 2
What you have said corresponds with info I was given last week regarding mail
jacqui

Last edited by purple rain; Oct 25th 2005 at 10:56 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.