Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by Dani_Zoom
After landing in Australia, if I find a job immediately in a state other than the one which has sponsored me. Is it possible to move to the other state? What are the procedures involved?
I think many of us are a bit tired of this one. If you were sponsored by one state why did you not apply for jobs in that state rather than the other one. Job offers dont come out of the blue, I only got one where I applied.

You know the facts, you have a moral obligation. Most people here think that means something and arent going to tell you otherwise. You have been provided this great opportunity by SA, if it were me I would show my moral fibre by keeping my side of the deal.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think many of us are a bit tired of this one. If you were sponsored by one state why did you not apply for jobs in that state rather than the other one. Job offers dont come out of the blue, I only got one where I applied.

You know the facts, you have a moral obligation. Most people here think that means something and arent going to tell you otherwise. You have been provided this great opportunity by SA, if it were me I would show my moral fibre by keeping my side of the deal.
Many of the recent applicants come from parts of the world where corruption is endemic and part of the normal fabric of life. "Moral obligations" count for nothing.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Dani_Zoom is an unknown quantity at this point

That's absolutely right. One should stay with his/her moral obligation fulfilled. I guess that's the right choice till there is no other option left.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dani_Zoom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was granted ss by Western Australia recently and I've already applied for the visa. I've made my plans about searching work in WA and if everything goes fine, I think nothing of such sort would be required. I am planning to bring resources that would last about 1 year. So, obviously I'll have enough time searching for the jobs.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dani_Zoom
I was granted ss by Western Australia recently and I've already applied for the visa. I've made my plans about searching work in WA and if everything goes fine, I think nothing of such sort would be required. I am planning to bring resources that would last about 1 year. So, obviously I'll have enough time searching for the jobs.
That's slightly better than the way your first post sounded! If people have made a genuine effort to find work in the sponsoring state then at least they have tried to fulfill the moral obligation. Unfortunately more and more people are just ignoring the moral side of it and not even trying to settle in the state that has sponsored them.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what is written on the 176 visa condition. I think in my opinion, the condition should be stated as " Valid only in ( Sponsored State) for a certain period of time". But then, how to check the start of two year obligation.
Some applicants are just using the State Sponsorship because either they need points or just after the priority of processing the State Sponsored. That's just my opinion.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by H2fusion
I don't know what is written on the 176 visa condition. I think in my opinion, the condition should be stated as " Valid only in ( Sponsored State) for a certain period of time". But then, how to check the start of two year obligation.
Some applicants are just using the State Sponsorship because either they need points or just after the priority of processing the State Sponsored. That's just my opinion.
...and I think your opinion is spot on.

I'm not sure if its just my perception or not, but there seems to be an ever increasing number of posters, who are prepared to scam the system, or try to discover and exploit, every possible loophole available.

I'm not aiming that at the OP in particular, it's just a general perception of how the board seems to be going.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...and I think your opinion is spot on.

I'm not sure if its just my perception or not, but there seems to be an ever increasing number of posters, who are prepared to scam the system, or try to discover and exploit, every possible loophole available.

I'm not aiming that at the OP in particular, it's just a general perception of how the board seems to be going.
Nah, they've always been here but previously it was getting in via the Student route. Since that got closed, they've moved on to other visas.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nah, they've always been here but previously it was getting in via the Student route. Since that got closed, they've moved on to other visas.
And before that it was the $100k for bonus points. If there's a loophole people will find it and use it.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Originally Posted by Dorothy
And before that it was the $100k for bonus points. If there's a loophole people will find it and use it.
I doff my cap to the greater experience (old bints !) of the esteemed posters.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vxm665
Employer should check your visa eligibility before the offer is made. However, small business doesn't. When you sponsor someone or get citizenship, this will affect you definitely. However, if you tried to get jobs in your sponsored state for a significant period and you ended up with nothing, your state will let you go out. You should get the permission letter for your future records.
It would be interesting to know what a significant period is considered to be.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

One reason being, if for example you are trying to get a relative over and they can not be sponsored in your own state the only option may be to go to another and then move across. In my own case this may be a route I have to look into, QLD and NSW don't do State Sponsorship.Since they have shortened the job lists it may be the only option for some people to go to one State when they really need to be another for family reasons.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If there is a loophole then people should use it, the government can only expect this now they have made it nigh on impossible for people to come over here.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tinaj
If there is a loophole then people should use it, the government can only expect this now they have made it nigh on impossible for people to come over here.
"nigh on impossible" for who? Must be still 200,000 a year coming to Oz... that doesn't sound that "impossible"
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
"nigh on impossible" for who? Must be still 200,000 a year coming to Oz... that doesn't sound that "impossible"
Yes that is because 199,999 used the loophole to get over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.