Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:24 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Hi
I know this story has been repeated many times. I was sponsored by QLD and as it is clear from my ID I love Queensland and I really did after I landed in Brisbane.
I spent three month looking for job and really enjoyed my stay in Brisbane. I tried each and every thing to get a job in my profession and was not successful as I did not have local experience. The situation was too disappointing as I did not even get an interview after three months.
I applied for casual jobs in fast foods and restaurants and did not get job as I was overqualified. Tried coles, woolworth, Aldi and did not succeed.
After all I found out that getting into university would help me a lot. As applying with an Australian degree can be a positive point in my Cv. Also, I get the chance to get to know new people and evaluate the job market and match myself with job market while studying as university. However, I left Australia as I was short in budget. While I was in overseas, I applied for UQ and Grifith and was not successful and finally applied for South Australia university and obtained scholarship and admission.
I emailed QLD and told them all the story in detail. but have not received any replies from them yet.
I was wondering what the other options could be. Should I email DIAC and ask for their assistance as well ?
Cheers
Somehow I'm struggling to believe that since you planned to jump state before you even landed.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...63#post9975263
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9#post10054819

Anyway, the search function is a wonderful thing. I know that you have seen the answer to this, because I've seen you respond to other queries about jumping state.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Somehow I'm struggling to believe that since you planned to jump state before you even landed.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...63#post9975263
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9#post10054819

Anyway, the search function is a wonderful thing. I know that you have seen the answer to this, because I've seen you respond to other queries about jumping state.
Yes , your are right I was planning to go to WA as there was at least some jobs matching my experience. But I did not jumped to another state as I wanted to fulfill my commitment to my state. My understanding from the situation was also correct as I received many calls from WA based companies which matched my experience and those companies had found my profile on linkedin while I did not have a single interview opportunity in Brisbane. I lost all those chances in WA because of my commitment to my state and am happy that I was committed to my sponsor.
I still have not jumped to another state and have requested for a permission from my state and am waiting for their response. I am not going to work in SA too as I want to train myself at university for the future.
My question was what I should do if my state do not reply at all. Is it wise to speak to DIAC or does this mean that the state does not have problem with my move?
Cheers
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:50 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Yes , your are right I was planning to go to WA as there was at least some jobs matching my experience. But I did not jumped to another state as I wanted to fulfill my commitment to my state. My understanding from the situation was also correct as I received many calls from WA based companies which matched my experience and those companies had found my profile on linkedin while I did not have a single interview opportunity in Brisbane. I lost all those chances in WA because of my commitment to my state and am happy that I was committed to my sponsor.
I still have not jumped to another state and have requested for a permission from my state and am waiting for their response. I am not going to work in SA too as I want to train myself at university for the future.
My question was what I should do if my state do not reply at all. Is it wise to speak to DIAC or does this mean that the state does not have problem with my move?
Cheers
Like it or not, you are still jumping state. You planned to do it before you even set foot in the country, despite people pointing how many engineering jobs were available just in Queensland.

That aside, this question has been asked many times before, as you are aware. Please use the search function.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:26 am
Just Joined

killerbee82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrtension can you please let us know what happened with the state release of your visa

I am in the same situation would like your advice

Can we pm?

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jan 29th 2014 at 7:39 am. Reason: Please don't spam posts in order to use the messaging function.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by killerbee82
Mrtension can you please let us know what happened with the state release of your visa

I am in the same situation would like your advice

Can we pm?
The poster you refer to hasn't posted on here since 2011, so I doubt if they'll be responding to your request.