Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old May 11th 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: vic to western oz

Originally Posted by callum1205
i have a 176 state sponsored visa for victoria.am i tied to this state or can i simply work in western oz.i already have validated the visa on a holiday last year to melbourne.
I have seen many who were sponsored by SA and moved to another state before completion of two years commitment.
I am sponsored by QLD and was planning to do the same thing. If you see this page you can see my post. But after thinking more and getting advise from BE members changed my mind and decided to go to QLD as it is morally unacceptable.
I will do my best to secure a job in QLD and if I am not successful then will think to change my State. I think you'd better off doing the same.
Anyways, I don't think you will get a proper answer for your question in BE as most of senior members are against this.
Regards
REZA
Old May 11th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

callum1205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

cheers for the replies folks
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

ishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrtension
hi there
today morning i sent an email to immigration SA for moving to Victoria coz i cant find a regular job from last 9 months and i have tried everywhere including all super markets so they sent me this mail i dont understand whether they have allowed me or not because the mail has dual meaning,so please advice me,ur advice will be highly appreciated.
Dear *******
I refer to your email which has been forwarded to me for response. Immigration SA is disappointed that having granted you sponsorship to facilitate visa grant, you are considering moving from South Australia.

Permanent Visa
While legally the Skilled Sponsored Visa (subclass 137/176/886), allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia, you are reminded that sponsorship was granted to enable you to obtain a permanent visa on the basis that you had indicated that you were genuine in your commitment and interest to live and work in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted a permanent visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

Your Online application indicated that:
Please detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. This occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my occupation in South Australia. There are so many employment agencies in South Australia and I contact these employment agencies for job. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.
What research have you undertaken of the job market in South Australia outside of your nominated occupation? Detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the other employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. According to skills shortage in South Australia, my occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. There are so many jobs in toolmaking / Machinist etc. in South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my field in South Australia. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

One of the objectives of these State Sponsored schemes is to disperse migrants to areas that sponsor them. By migrants not settling in these areas, the objective of this visa program is being compromised.

Having granted you sponsorship, it would be counter-productive for Immigration SA to now agree for you not to settle in South Australia. We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was grAanted.

We advise you to visit/ revisit the employment services to seek more assistance in securing suitable employment. Ring 1800 658 887 to make an appointment. However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further.

Manager - General Skilled Migration
Immigration South Australia
Department of Trade and Economic Development

regards
Hi All..

We are in terrible mess and would appreciate any advice from any member of this forum.
We received WA ss in December end (the grant came in few hours of application submission!!!) and moved in within three months to honor our obligation.Before coming here my husband applied for n no 's of jobs but no luck! I left my job to come here , but just to be in safe side (as we have a child) he did talk to his office to continue the job from Perth and occasionally visit his office in Melbourne at his own expense for client meets etc.As he had been working in this company for a long time and had good reputation , they agreed to support us till he finds a job in WA.we moved in with all our furniture, car etc and spent a lot in furniture etc with a genuine intention to stay here.But its four months almost and he applied for almost all jobs in his field in all possible sites, all agents etc without leaving any stone un turned.But no luck! Now at this stage his company is stressing him asking to come back to Melbourne or leave the job as the market is not good at this stage.
We are very stressed now! no job here and he is almost loosing the existing one.and in four months we had huge expense in his flight , accommodation etc apart from our regular expenses.So our bank balance is also in bad condition.We are hopeless and dont see any chance to get a job here for him any more.As he does not have mining experience , all the agents gave him the feedback that the chance is very poor at this economic situation.

What to do now??I heard those debates on moral /legal obligation, but we really had intention to stay here as we have all our friends here , its close to our home country , etc etc..but at the end of teh day , we are are suffering!!
have anyone faced the same?? what should we do now??
any idea, any suggestion????
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ishaanmom
Hi All..

We are in terrible mess and would appreciate any advice from any member of this forum.
We received WA ss in December end (the grant came in few hours of application submission!!!) and moved in within three months to honor our obligation.Before coming here my husband applied for n no 's of jobs but no luck! I left my job to come here , but just to be in safe side (as we have a child) he did talk to his office to continue the job from Perth and occasionally visit his office in Melbourne at his own expense for client meets etc.As he had been working in this company for a long time and had good reputation , they agreed to support us till he finds a job in WA.we moved in with all our furniture, car etc and spent a lot in furniture etc with a genuine intention to stay here.But its four months almost and he applied for almost all jobs in his field in all possible sites, all agents etc without leaving any stone un turned.But no luck! Now at this stage his company is stressing him asking to come back to Melbourne or leave the job as the market is not good at this stage.
We are very stressed now! no job here and he is almost loosing the existing one.and in four months we had huge expense in his flight , accommodation etc apart from our regular expenses.So our bank balance is also in bad condition.We are hopeless and dont see any chance to get a job here for him any more.As he does not have mining experience , all the agents gave him the feedback that the chance is very poor at this economic situation.

What to do now??I heard those debates on moral /legal obligation, but we really had intention to stay here as we have all our friends here , its close to our home country , etc etc..but at the end of teh day , we are are suffering!!
have anyone faced the same?? what should we do now??
any idea, any suggestion????
In your circumstances I'd notify the state sponsorshop people about your dilemma and ask them to give their blessing for you to settle in another state. You and your husband's obligation to provide for your family scotches the other obligation. I'm sure your state sponsors will be sympathetic. Good luck!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:25 am
Account Closed

ishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really niceishaanmom is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulry
In your circumstances I'd notify the state sponsorshop people about your dilemma and ask them to give their blessing for you to settle in another state. You and your husband's obligation to provide for your family scotches the other obligation. I'm sure your state sponsors will be sympathetic. Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your reply!!!!

May be at the end we have to do what you said! but honestly we did not want that as we invested a lot in this movement! My hubby surrendered his 10 yrs Vic license to get a WA 5 yrs license.We want to try another few months but very worried about loosing his present job.if he losses it we will be in terrible trouble.I am not sure whether state will consider our four months try!
Have anyone changed state before with WA??
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your reply!!!!

May be at the end we have to do what you said! but honestly we did not want that as we invested a lot in this movement! My hubby surrendered his 10 yrs Vic license to get a WA 5 yrs license.We want to try another few months but very worried about loosing his present job.if he losses it we will be in terrible trouble.I am not sure whether state will consider our four months try!
Have anyone changed state before with WA??
After 11 months in the ACT I was still looking for work so when I approached my ACT sponsors to ask their blessing for me to look for work in Sydney (where there were jobs for my skills). They said it was fine by them but asked me to first send my CV to an agent they use to identify skills and professions in short supply. The agent promptly found me not only a job in my skill area but one which also represented a career progression! So give your sponsorship team a call, explain your dilemna - They too have an interest in your settlement being successful. Who knows, maybe they can help...
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:10 am
Account Closed

After 11 months in the ACT I was still looking for work so when I approached my ACT sponsors to ask their blessing for me to look for work in Sydney (where there were jobs for my skills). They said it was fine by them but asked me to first send my CV to an agent they use to identify skills and professions in short supply. The agent promptly found me not only a job in my skill area but one which also represented a career progression! So give your sponsorship team a call, explain your dilemna - They too have an interest in your settlement being successful. Who knows, maybe they can help...
Oh That's amazing!!May be that also be possible in our case!! Thanks !!!Good idea indeed..honestly , he dont have intention to move to other state, aswith a child it is a big hassle, specially a psychological stress for him to change kindy etc.want to try here till it is really impossible!
Thanks for ur info again!!!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:37 am
Banned

Oh That's amazing!!May be that also be possible in our case!! Thanks !!!Good idea indeed..honestly , he dont have intention to move to other state, aswith a child it is a big hassle, specially a psychological stress for him to change kindy etc.want to try here till it is really impossible!
Thanks for ur info again!!!
I know what you mean. Moving yet again was also the last thing we wanted to do. What is your hubby's profession?
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by QLDlover
I have seen many who were sponsored by SA and moved to another state before completion of two years commitment.
I am sponsored by QLD and was planning to do the same thing. If you see this page you can see my post. But after thinking more and getting advise from BE members changed my mind and decided to go to QLD as it is morally unacceptable.
I will do my best to secure a job in QLD and if I am not successful then will think to change my State. I think you'd better off doing the same.
Anyways, I don't think you will get a proper answer for your question in BE as most of senior members are against this.
Regards
REZA
who cares what senior members think! it is a moral not legal obligation ... for every one that leave WA one goes the other way to QLD or ACT or NT etc ... once your in the country they are not going to kick you out ... are the BE members going to support you if you cant get a job and have it hard to live on in QLD when NT will offer you a job and you can move guys do what is best for you!! Chris
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:12 am
Banned

He is an IT project manager(PMP), experienced in Telecom.When we did our research on job prospect for him in WA we did see that here are good no of jobs in It PM role.But later on he found that they are very specifics in terms of experience.As there is not much telecom It PM jobs here, he is struggling! we contacted all IT recruitment agencies that we could find through google and most of them gave him the feedback that if he had experience in mining/infrastructure it could e easy as there is a huge demand! but not in Telecom as only few company (like telstra iinet etc)are here recruiting in this field and that is also not in big no..
He was hopeful as he is PMP certified, and our sponsorship came in few hours! But after ariving her eonly we could understand the real picture.Its a good lesson for people doing research on job prospects before applying SS.What we see in job sites is not always the real world.
That seems to be part of the problem these days is employers want exact matches - they want "plug and plays". Some state sponsorship teams don't quite understand that. They see only "project manager" and miss the specifics of local industry specific requirements - in WA's case, predominantly the mining industry. To counter that we state-sponsored applicants are asked to demonstrate that we've researched the local jobs market, but in our understandable eagerness to just get that visa and trust that everything else will fall into place we write what we think the sponsorship teams want to read. Then once in the state we struggle to find work.

Personally, I think that if you give settling in the sponsoring state a good go and it doesn't work out then it's fine with proper notification to move but those who from the start don't make any effort to fulfil their promise are out of order.

I hear that some states are now developing partnerships with local businesses and recruitment agencies who as a step in their selectiion processes they first pass the candidates' CVs by the recruiters for employabilty assessment. This is a sound approach, IMO.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:41 am
Banned

honestly, i agree to what you said.. we cant avoid our mistake to understand the job market.as his point was as an PMP certified PM he would be able to manage a PM job here, on the top of that we had the eagerness to get the visa here.
Just to let you know, we had all points for 175, we applied for 175 in 2009, and after we applied the IT PM was in less priority so the processing time was getting longer and longer! after we applied for 176 we got it quicker.When we had the grant later , it was saying two contradictory things.in some place it was written that we have been granted 176 and in some place it was written like we have been granted 175 and no restriction/condition is applied to our visa! I believe it was an admin mistake!

Anyways, I dont feel like playing with govt systems and we will go upto any extend to stay here.As per your advise we will ask for any assistance if they can provide to get a job here.One of our Vic ss friend also had the same experience, the state helped him with few employment related service.
If it does not work out , we will approach state with all evidence of our try.Hope they will understand and let us go.After all , systems are for humans!! and Run buy humans!
The 175/176 hoohah was similar to our circumstances. We had to hop over to 176 state-sponsored to get our visa applications processed before our kids left home and started families of their own!

I'm not sure how much your state sponsors will be able to help you. It's likely to be as it was for me: just being referred to a recruitment agency that would put a bit of extra effort into getting your CV to the desks of prospective employers.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:51 am
Account Closed

The 175/176 hoohah was similar to our circumstances. We had to hop over to 176 state-sponsored to get our visa applications processed before our kids left home and started families of their own!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:57 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
who cares what senior members think! it is a moral not legal obligation ... for every one that leave WA one goes the other way to QLD or ACT or NT etc ... once your in the country they are not going to kick you out ... are the BE members going to support you if you cant get a job and have it hard to live on in QLD when NT will offer you a job and you can move guys do what is best for you!! Chris
There are plenty of people that do care about the moral implications of jumping state. You may not, and that's your prerogative. Personally, I think they should make the 176/475 (190/489) conditional for the first two years & made permanent after the fulfilment of their obligations. If there are exceptional circumstances (that the state can verify) as to why the obligations couldn't be completed, then they should be able to waive that requirement.

If there is a genuine issue, then as Paulry has said, approaching the state for advice & to be honest with them is not a bad thing to do. However, encouraging people to jump state because you dislike that some of us have ethical problems with people that apply for & are granted SS with the knowledge that they fully intend to jump state (and there are such people) is rather odd. I doubt if many people would object to someone moving if they've tried to fulfil their obligations (I'm not suggesting the poster in question hasn't btw).

That being said, a simple use of the search function would have found this answer. It has been asked many, many times before, and it is never well received. Spending thirty seconds running a quick search for the answer really isn't that much of a hardship! In fact, it's probably quicker than starting a new thread on a subject that has been discussed ad nauseam, which will undoubtedly have to be merged with another thread to de-clutter the forum.

In case anyone (in general) is in need of a reminder of how to search the forum, there's more information here and here (point two).
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
There are plenty of people that do care about the moral implications of jumping state. You may not, and that's your prerogative. Personally, I think they should make the 176/475 (190/489) conditional for the first two years & made permanent after the fulfilment of their obligations. If there are exceptional circumstances (that the state can verify) as to why the obligations couldn't be completed, then they should be able to waive that requirement.

If there is a genuine issue, then as Paulry has said, approaching the state for advice & to be honest with them is not a bad thing to do. However, encouraging people to jump state because you dislike that some of us have ethical problems with people that apply for & are granted SS with the knowledge that they fully intend to jump state (and there are such people) is rather odd. I doubt if many people would object to someone moving if they've tried to fulfil their obligations (I'm not suggesting the poster in question hasn't btw).

That being said, a simple use of the search function would have found this answer. It has been asked many, many times before, and it is never well received. Spending thirty seconds running a quick search for the answer really isn't that much of a hardship! In fact, it's probably quicker than starting a new thread on a subject that has been discussed ad nauseam, which will undoubtedly have to be merged with another thread to de-clutter the forum.

In case anyone (in general) is in need of a reminder of how to search the forum, there's more information here and here (point two).
please do not assume I agree or disagree about moral obligations I was merely stating they should do what they feel and do what is best for there family id you wish to stay on your ped a stool that is up to you but lets get real ... people hop states ... it is ok having them morals but if you are going to lead your family into poverty sorry but morals end there and you do what is best for your family not because a font doesn't like it ..
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:53 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
please do not assume I agree or disagree about moral obligations I was merely stating they should do what they feel and do what is best for there family id you wish to stay on your ped a stool that is up to you but lets get real ... people hop states ... it is ok having them morals but if you are going to lead your family into poverty sorry but morals end there and you do what is best for your family not because a font doesn't like it ..
Actually, you do seem to be leaning towards the disregarding of moral obligations judging by your "do what you want & screw anyone else's opinions" post. Morals are no good if a person abandons them at the drop of a hat. Migration is a pricey business & the states do want people to take enough money to support themselves for just this kind of situation. It has nothing to do with "getting real". Yes, people jump states. Does that make it right? No (with some exceptions). I imagine you'd be quick enough to complain if you wanted those SS places & really wanted to live & work there, but someone took them under false pretences (again, not a statement on the poster in question, but an observation that does happen).

I'm not going to abandon my morals when it suits me, so I'll stay on my pedestal, thank you.

I have to ask though. What on earth are you on about with your comment "you do what is best for your family, not because a font doesn't like it."?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.