Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

mrtension is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

hi there
today morning i sent an email to immigration SA for moving to Victoria coz i cant find a regular job from last 9 months and i have tried everywhere including all super markets so they sent me this mail i dont understand whether they have allowed me or not because the mail has dual meaning,so please advice me,ur advice will be highly appreciated.
Dear *******
I refer to your email which has been forwarded to me for response. Immigration SA is disappointed that having granted you sponsorship to facilitate visa grant, you are considering moving from South Australia.

Permanent Visa
While legally the Skilled Sponsored Visa (subclass 137/176/886), allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia, you are reminded that sponsorship was granted to enable you to obtain a permanent visa on the basis that you had indicated that you were genuine in your commitment and interest to live and work in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted a permanent visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

Your Online application indicated that:
Please detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. This occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my occupation in South Australia. There are so many employment agencies in South Australia and I contact these employment agencies for job. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.
What research have you undertaken of the job market in South Australia outside of your nominated occupation? Detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the other employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. According to skills shortage in South Australia, my occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. There are so many jobs in toolmaking / Machinist etc. in South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my field in South Australia. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

One of the objectives of these State Sponsored schemes is to disperse migrants to areas that sponsor them. By migrants not settling in these areas, the objective of this visa program is being compromised.

Having granted you sponsorship, it would be counter-productive for Immigration SA to now agree for you not to settle in South Australia. We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was grAanted.

We advise you to visit/ revisit the employment services to seek more assistance in securing suitable employment. Ring 1800 658 887 to make an appointment. However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further.

Manager - General Skilled Migration
Immigration South Australia
Department of Trade and Economic Development

regards
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Reply for Immigration SA regarding moving state

Mr Tension,

My reading of the email is that they would like you to stay in SA - they are making that obvious - but also acknowledge that they can not make you stay in SA and that this decision is ultimately yours.

Bezza
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

hi there
thx for your reply
i am just worried about 1 thing that when i will apply for citizenship,is it gonna make any difference that time or not.
regards
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtension
hi there
thx for your reply
i am just worried about 1 thing that when i will apply for citizenship,is it gonna make any difference that time or not.
regards
No, it won't make a difference
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

hi Pollyana
thx for ur reply
so u think it will be fine for me to make a move?
thx
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:56 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

If you can't get a supermarket job then what makes you think you can break the international student capital of the world in Melbourne. I suggest you're not trying hard enough to find work.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
If you can't get a supermarket job then what makes you think you can break the international student capital of the world in Melbourne. I suggest you're not trying hard enough to find work.
I suggest that if you have never been in his situation you don't have a clue what you are talking about. My engineer husband spent 9 months in Adelaide with job hunting as his full-time job. Supermarkets/petrol stations wouldn't hire him because knowing that he was skilled he would move on. Engineering firms wouldn't hire him because he had no Australian work experience. Being a non-citizen he couldn't work anywhere that had defence contracts.

Maybe you could try being a little more helpful and just answer the OP's question instead of jumping on him for asking for clarification.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

There's clearly a great deal of difference between a 'board' establishing that there is a need in a region for an engineer or teacher per se and a person sponsored by a state then convincing an employer that they are the right person for employment.

My heart goes out to Mr Tension and if he has to move states to make a go of it then so be it. Seems a triffle ironic not to give people a fair go ....
Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps Immigration SA needs to look closer to see what ties, other than employment, will encourage someone to settle or remain in South Australia.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtension
hi Pollyana
thx for ur reply
so u think it will be fine for me to make a move?
thx
Thats noy what I said. I am not an expert in visa matters, but I do know that it is not something that will affect you getting citizenship once you have fulfilled all the criteria for that
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:28 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I suggest that if you have never been in his situation you don't have a clue what you are talking about. My engineer husband spent 9 months in Adelaide with job hunting as his full-time job. Supermarkets/petrol stations wouldn't hire him because knowing that he was skilled he would move on. Engineering firms wouldn't hire him because he had no Australian work experience. Being a non-citizen he couldn't work anywhere that had defence contracts.

Maybe you could try being a little more helpful and just answer the OP's question instead of jumping on him for asking for clarification.
Fair enough but I hope the OP is aware that the job situation is much bleaker in victoria.

Also there are engineering jobs in Adelaide?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:41 am
Banned

I think that if you have tried you hardest to find work and can't well then stuff them and move interstate. You need to look after yourself more than be concerned about what SA thinks. But I don't know why yo uwould wnat to go to Melbourne though???? The employment situation there is much worse perhaps maybe consider Perth?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default 176 Visa Restrictions......

Well i got positive assessment form SA and applied for DIAC . I am really happy and cant wait to move to South Australia. But at the moment i am working on a SAP project which will take more then a year. 176 cases take 6 months to be processed. So i cant leave straight a way. Ok its not a big deal i will come to South Australia and then move back. Lets say after moving to South Australia i am not able to find job and find a job is some other state. I have been looking for SAP jobs in Australia its not that i don't want to live in South Australia but i found only one job in South Australia while i was searching the internet. Where as i found lots of jobs in Melbourne ,Sidney and Brisbane. Lets say i find my self a job in some other state after looking for job in South Australia for more then 6 months what will happen. Can i apply for relaxation or any other thing.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 Visa Restrictions......

You didn't think to look into job opportunities *before* you applied for SA SS no? This is just something that has occurred to you now? I thought part of the application process involved showing what you have done to research living in the state.

Sorry, I am not answering your question. But I am tiring of the number of times this question is asked. You do know that there are quotas on SS places don't you? And your place could have gone to somebody who had researched it properly and actually wanted the place.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 176 Visa Restrictions......

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
Lets say i find my self a job in some other state after looking for job in South Australia for more then 6 months what will happen. Can i apply for relaxation or any other thing.
As per DIAC's procedures and rules, which can be found on their site
(ranging the gamut on how to apply for a visa to an applicant's obligations):

-Remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two (2) years

-Keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival

-Be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.

If you cannot or will not adhere to your legal obligations (and your moral code) then you might wish to consider another state. First, bear in mind there are many other potential migrants that would jump at the chance to move here to Australia AND honour the conditions of their visa; second, breaching the terms to these conditions will likely result in the revocation of your visa, subsequent deportation and possible permanent refusal of entry.

Is this a chance you are prepared to take?

Last edited by Tina7; Nov 11th 2010 at 9:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.