Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:02 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of
Default Re: PR176

Originally Posted by front_act
hello,

I currently have a PR176 state sponsored by victoria and recently received an offer to work in perth. I know i have to work in victoria for two years. seeking for advise. thanks.
You are morally obligated to live and work in Victoria, but not legally obligated. Please make a search on forums. This topic has been discussed so many times.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:19 am
Just Joined

front_act is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2O
You are morally obligated to live and work in Victoria, but not legally obligated. Please make a search on forums. This topic has been discussed so many times.
thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 9:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

hello,

I currently have a PR176 state sponsored by victoria and recently received an offer to work in perth. I know i have to work in victoria for two years. seeking for advise. thanks.
Here's your free advice for the day. Live up to your obligation, like you promised Victoria you would do.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:46 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

hello,

I take it you have difficulty reading the part on your sponsorship documents, or hell, even on the websites saying that you have you work there for two years. What 'advice' are you expecting? Do you really think that people will encourage you to commit visa fraud? That is exactly what you'll have done. You obtained a visa by committing to live and work in a state, and are not intending to honour that. You've taken places from genuine people that would actually want to live & work there. Definitely not the kind of person I'd ever employ. Despicable.

Originally Posted by Paul2O
Expecting people to search?! How could you?! It's seems to be an odd occurrence recently that the search button has become invisible to people. Either that, or they're too lazy to search!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Here's your free advice for the day. Live up to your obligation, like you promised Victoria you would do.
I concur. I hope that the change to SkillSelect will close this loophole. It concerns me the number of people that are willing to dishonestly gain a visa.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

hello,

This offer came out of the blue did it? The Perth company heard about you via osmosis and offered you a job just like that? Oh hang on, you must have received your Vic SS and then made a decision to apply for work in WA, why are you now asking advice? Stable door appears to have been bolted on the moral obligation bit already.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:30 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Hey, don't hog all the popcorn! Pass some here!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:35 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Hey, don't hog all the popcorn! Pass some here!
Sorry, but the bag is glued to my hand - it wont come off!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by paulry
Sorry, but the bag is glued to my hand - it wont come off!
A likely story!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:40 pm
Banned

II reckon that given the choice between Victoria and Perth, Victoria is worth remaining loyal to.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 12:46 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Omg CHILL lol...am unsubs from this thread, I always forget about it and then it pops up again with more of the same, I have serious deja vu. I wish you all love & light
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

front_act is an unknown quantity at this point

I turned down the offer and hope to find where i belong.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

I got a 176 visa suppose to be done by 6 months.everyody applied around the same time got it and moved on. mine took 18 months by the time Melbourne lost lot of aircraft engineering jobs. I didn't submit any research about Victoria because I was not asked that question in the first place. I just sent my qualifications and ilets. Then I sign the two year thing. In this 18 months lot of things changed want as closed bases.

I m all for the moral legal stuff. But when things change on ground so fast what power I hold. Will my moral ethics feed my child. I am still trying for a job. Most offers are coming from Sydney. But I love Melbourne so gonna try a bit more. So diac must close this and that don't cut a thing.

Bankers suppose to be moral are they. Corruption is immoral but lot happens in life. We just judge people because we are on the que. the only thing I don't agree is if at the time of application if you have no intent on living the state don't apply.but if you are sincere and applied but by the time your visa approved lot have changed.dont sweat over this moral stuff.peace on everyone
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
I got a 176 visa suppose to be done by 6 months.everyody applied around the same time got it and moved on. mine took 18 months by the time Melbourne lost lot of aircraft engineering jobs. I didn't submit any research about Victoria because I was not asked that question in the first place. I just sent my qualifications and ilets. Then I sign the two year thing. In this 18 months lot of things changed want as closed bases.

I m all for the moral legal stuff. But when things change on ground so fast what power I hold. Will my moral ethics feed my child. I am still trying for a job. Most offers are coming from Sydney. But I love Melbourne so gonna try a bit more. So diac must close this and that don't cut a thing.

Bankers suppose to be moral are they. Corruption is immoral but lot happens in life. We just judge people because we are on the que. the only thing I don't agree is if at the time of application if you have no intent on living the state don't apply.but if you are sincere and applied but by the time your visa approved lot have changed.dont sweat over this moral stuff.peace on everyone
That's no excuse. Just because it is rife, it doesn't make it okay to ignore or to take part in it. I doubt if many people would object if someone has legitimately tried to fulfil their obligations but were unable to secure a job. However, when people openly admit they're not intending to honour their obligations before they even get there, you can't really blame people for being disgusted. Also, my opinion on moral/immoral behaviour isn't based on where my place in the queue is. I think it would make me remarkably shallow if I changed my morals to suit my circumstances. Hence I don't.

I agree, DIAC need to close the loopholes. Unless people get permission from the state (i.e. in exceptional circumstances), if they bolt, they should have their sponsorship withdrawn/visa cancelled. The 176 should be temporary until the two year commitment has been fulfilled.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
That's no excuse. Just because it is rife, it doesn't make it okay to ignore or to take part in it. I doubt if many people would object if someone has legitimately tried to fulfil their obligations but were unable to secure a job. However, when people openly admit they're not intending to honour their obligations before they even get there, you can't really blame people for being disgusted. Also, my opinion on moral/immoral behaviour isn't based on where my place in the queue is. I think it would make me remarkably shallow if I changed my morals to suit my circumstances. Hence I don't.

I agree, DIAC need to close the loopholes. Unless people get permission from the state (i.e. in exceptional circumstances), if they bolt, they should have their sponsorship withdrawn/visa cancelled. The 176 should be temporary until the two year commitment has been fulfilled.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.