Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:02 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

I am fairly certain that both NSW and QLD do State Sponsorship. NSW are yet to realease their list but it should be soon. Qld's list is http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/app.../docs/4498.pdf

Also, I don't think a 2-year stint in another Australian State is exactly a major issue for an adult! At least they're in the country!

Good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking
I am fairly certain that both NSW and QLD do State Sponsorship. NSW are yet to realease their list but it should be soon. Qld's list is http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/app.../docs/4498.pdf

Also, I don't think a 2-year stint in another Australian State is exactly a major issue for an adult! At least they're in the country!

Good luck.

That is so true, I am looking into it as I speak, if it is the only way to get him over then at $139 for a flight each way to SA, we will be in touch a lot more than now.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking

Good luck.
QLD do but it is a very short list mainly health or IT workers, he is not on it.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
One reason being, if for example you are trying to get a relative over and they can not be sponsored in your own state the only option may be to go to another and then move across. In my own case this may be a route I have to look into, QLD and NSW don't do State Sponsorship.Since they have shortened the job lists it may be the only option for some people to go to one State when they really need to be another for family reasons.
And you are telling me this because....?

I don't think I mentioned that I was interested to know why people abuse the system.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:46 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
And you are telling me this because....?

I don't think I mentioned that I was interested to know why people abuse the system.
Does make you wonder why the State Sponsored schemes are not more like the 457. Find work in the State that sponsored you... or out you go.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Does make you wonder why the State Sponsored schemes are not more like the 457. Find work in the State that sponsored you... or out you go.
I agree.

For some reason though I always thought that state sponsorship meant you had to stay in that state for at least 2 years and then you were free to move to another state, obviously after reading this thread I must have thought wrong.

I think it should be that way, if a state has sponsored you then you should be obliged to stay there for an amount of time and your work rights should only be valid in that state for the same period.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
I agree.

For some reason though I always thought that state sponsorship meant you had to stay in that state for at least 2 years and then you were free to move to another state, obviously after reading this thread I must have thought wrong.

I think it should be that way, if a state has sponsored you then you should be obliged to stay there for an amount of time and your work rights should only be valid in that state for the same period.
Absolutely. I'm not sure why a rellie moving over makes a difference but what do I know.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
So am I...I'm actually very surprised to hear that that isn't the case.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am recently granted 176 (SA sponsored) visa. I applied for 175 than converted it to 176 due to get the priority processing. When I applied for SA 12+ months ago my occupation was in demand and I found many jobs. But now my occupation is not in demand in SA and jobs are limited. I strongly believe I should live in SA as per my commitment. But if don’t get any jobs after giving necessary effort what should I do? As senior has changed enough after 12 months.

Reg
Milon
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milon_h
Hi,

I am recently granted 176 (SA sponsored) visa. I applied for 175 than converted it to 176 due to get the priority processing. When I applied for SA 12+ months ago my occupation was in demand and I found many jobs. But now my occupation is not in demand in SA and jobs are limited. I strongly believe I should live in SA as per my commitment. But if don’t get any jobs after giving necessary effort what should I do? As senior has changed enough after 12 months.

Reg
Milon
Maybe you should have stayed with the 175 instead of trying to find ways of getting in faster. (regardless of whether it's the 'done' think or not).
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by milon_h
Hi,

Reg
Milon
Your obligation to remain in the sponsoring state is, at this point, moral, and not legal.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:56 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

When you arrive, just so you know, when you go to the supermarket, load up all you need and go home without paying. Your landlord also knows that paying rent is optional.

When you fly domestically, the security at the airports take your word for you not having anything illegal ( immoral, really ) in your luggage, and the check-in counters operate on a honor basis. You just tell them someone else will pay and they let you on.

It is ok not to pay taxes either, the government sells natural resources to china, so in reality Chinese communists are paying for everything. Money are still in circulation, but legally it becomes less and less moral to offer money when you get something of value. Before the next government abolishes all currency, you are morally obligated yo repay with something of value as well, like a smile or, if you really like what you get, a hug.

Most importantly, when you sign up for a 9 to 5 job, you absolutely must arrive at 11 and leave before 3, because your boss also has a moral obligation to make sure you are happy and well rested.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by newjersey
When you arrive, just so you know, when you go to the supermarket, load up all you need and go home without paying. Your landlord also knows that paying rent is optional.

When you fly domestically, the security at the airports take your word for you not having anything illegal ( immoral, really ) in your luggage, and the check-in counters operate on a honor basis. You just tell them someone else will pay and they let you on.

It is ok not to pay taxes either, the government sells natural resources to china, so in reality Chinese communists are paying for everything. Money are still in circulation, but legally it becomes less and less moral to offer money when you get something of value. Before the next government abolishes all currency, you are morally obligated yo repay with something of value as well, like a smile or, if you really like what you get, a hug.

Most importantly, when you sign up for a 9 to 5 job, you absolutely must arrive at 11 and leave before 3, because your boss also has a moral obligation to make sure you are happy and well rested.
Not paying for the goods purchased in a super market will see you charged with theft.

Not paying rent as per the contract will see you evicted.

Having anything in your carry on luggage that isn't allowed in the aircraft will likely see that object confiscated. (and since when is illegal same as immoral?)

You need to have paid before getting to the check in counter.

If you don't pay taxes, the government can and will take civil action against you.

If you show up 2 hours late to your work and leave 2 hours before end of the day, you will likely get fired. Your boss has no moral obligation to make you happy.

All the above mentioned actions have consequences. Most if not all of them enshrined in some form of a law, or a legal contract, and have consequences for violating the law or the contract.

The obligation towards the sponsoring state has no such consequence were it not to be fulfilled. It hasn't been made mandatory by either the DIAC or any of the states. Your post is rather pointless.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
Not paying for the goods purchased in a super market will see you charged with theft.

Not paying rent as per the contract will see you evicted.

Having anything in your carry on luggage that isn't allowed in the aircraft will likely see that object confiscated. (and since when is illegal same as immoral?)

You need to have paid before getting to the check in counter.

If you don't pay taxes, the government can and will take civil action against you.

If you show up 2 hours late to your work and leave 2 hours before end of the day, you will likely get fired. Your boss has no moral obligation to make you happy.

All the above mentioned actions have consequences. Most if not all of them enshrined in some form of a law, or a legal contract, and have consequences for violating the law or the contract.

The obligation towards the sponsoring state has no such consequence were it not to be fulfilled. It hasn't been made mandatory by either the DIAC or any of the states. Your post is rather pointless.
No post on BE is pointless, they are all part of a discussion.

Personally, the sooner they make it compulsory to live and work in the sponsoring State for the two years, the better. It may not be illegal to move but its immoral and is probably cheating someone else, who wants to live in that State, out of a visa. Unfortunately I seem to be in a minority these days because I posess a conscience.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No post on BE is pointless, they are all part of a discussion.

Personally, the sooner they make it compulsory to live and work in the sponsoring State for the two years, the better. It may not be illegal to move but its immoral and is probably cheating someone else, who wants to live in that State, out of a visa. Unfortunately I seem to be in a minority these days because I posess a conscience.
Happily there are shedloads of us, unfortunately the others appear to be in larger sheds at the moment Maybe we need to start a petition to send to Chris Bowen asking that the law be changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.