March TRA Applicants

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March TRA Applicants

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi all

Just wondered how everyone is getting on?

We sent our app on 1st March, they rec'd it on the 5th but we have still had no ack back yet. Occupation is on MODL. This waiting is hard!!

Anybody else had any news ?
Hi
mine was sent on 7th so bit behind you. not heard a dicky bird yet
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

dunnarunna is on a distinguished road

hi there mands14
i posted our tra off on the 27th feb (couple of days ahead of you) by royal mail and received an acknowlegement today dated the 7th, but ive been reading not everyone gets an ack so dont worry to much if you dont
donna
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:14 pm
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: March TRA Applicants

Thanks for that babs. Im a teacher too (full time mum at the mo) so can empathise. Might come back to you for info on Adelaide if we ever get through. Best of luck getting to Brisbane- not sure I could cope with the summers there though!
Hi Mands, Babs..
We too are in the process of 'doing the TRA' bit with an eventual dream of settling down in Adelaide . Call it brave or silly, we (with my better half and kids -daughter 7 and son 4) are contemplating Adelaide purely based on the lifestyle issues we have heard of / reaserched into and based on the property prices. By the way, we have never been to Aussie but have friends there who highly recommend us moving there. (having known our lifestyle etc. in Africa) At the moment school fees alone are 21k and the rest of in in the UK for us and just cannot ' go on! Please do let us know what you think are the plus points w.r.t. Adelaide (private schooling). It is my intention to eventually set up a 'High end' audio visual / electronics business... any demand for home cinemas in Adelaide?? The other option we have to consider is Perth or indeed anywhere else sunny!!
BBQ-KING
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

hi Mands, just found out TRA has arrived at agents but he is out of office till Sun. so we have to wait tilll he gets back for him to start working on it. Am on preparation week for final placement in school so have to confess haven't really had much time to think about it ,praps just as well. Hope you hear soon, Babs.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:17 pm
AUS OR BUST!!!!!!

kelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nice

i have finally finished photocopying mine !!! AT LAST

just got to go to see our mate beer in hand to get them certified, then its gonna be sening time - hopefully by mid next week!!!! i can't wait to see the back of it all now I really can't!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

seanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant future

Hi All
Our tra was posted on 13th March... now joining the waiting game hoping we put everything in the tra want a diy job so everything is crossed.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Ours went off on Thursday and our agent said about 4 weeks. She has told us to get our visa application completed now and get it straight back to her so once the TRA is back we can go ahead and get that submitted immediately - yee ha!! My OH is an overhead linesman.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Hi there, we live in the Lake District too (Kendal) and are hoping to relocate to near Brisbane. We are going in on my OH skilled visa (overhead linesman), TRA went off this week so we are crossing our fingers.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

My aren't we all patient
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone

Can i join u our TRA apparently arrived in oz on 7th march OH metal machinist hopin to go to Brisbane (myself OH and 2 sheilas).

Does anyone know why my agent gets to know before us if we pass or fail

Sue
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

stuckinswansea will become famous soon enoughstuckinswansea will become famous soon enough

Flippin eck! Just read another thread from an electrician who has been told by the TRA that he is over qualified as he also did a degree with an electrical element and that he should have applied through Engineers Australia.

Now I'm really worried. OH did an Electronics apprenticeship and a couple of years w/exp but then went on to do a degree in electronics,manufacturing and management.

Trouble is if we applied through Engineers Australia, the subsequent occupation would be Electronics Engineer and this is not on the MODL where as Electronics Intruments Tradesperson is. And we need the MODL points to get the visa!

Right- will have to stop reading other threads until we hear something as I'm driving myself nuts!! Going to have some chocolate and lots of it!!
Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation, 4yr apprenticeship as an automation technician then completed my degree 10yrs later while working as an engineer.
I 'forgot' to mention the degree to the TRA as by their own admission they only need you to submit material for a long enough period for them to base their decision on.
I have only submitted indentures, OND, HNC & one reference covering 4yrs apprenticeship and 6 yrs working and left the last 10 yrs blank!

Sent by agent in Oz to TRA on 19th so I'll wait and see.

My next concern, like you is how to make my current post of 'Senior Systems Engineer Process Control' look closely related enough to my nominated occupation of 'General Electronics Instrumentation Trades person' in order to get the 10 points!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuckinswansea
Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation, 4yr apprenticeship as an automation technician then completed my degree 10yrs later while working as an engineer.
I 'forgot' to mention the degree to the TRA as by their own admission they only need you to submit material for a long enough period for them to base their decision on.
I have only submitted indentures, OND, HNC & one reference covering 4yrs apprenticeship and 6 yrs working and left the last 10 yrs blank!

Sent by agent in Oz to TRA on 19th so I'll wait and see.

My next concern, like you is how to make my current post of 'Senior Systems Engineer Process Control' look closely related enough to my nominated occupation of 'General Electronics Instrumentation Trades person' in order to get the 10 points!
this is same as us, OH is joiner trained who went to uni to get degree in surveying, have submitted TRA on joiner basis,luckily for us job he had in Aus. was as a joiner because he couldn't get surveying work and he has his own business now running sites for others so it is still related but agent is crossing the ts and dotting the is for us on that one. good luck with it though, if we all get through the TRA that should be the biggest hurdle,I hope.babs.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi all

Just to let you know the letter came from the TRA and it said....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Thank god for that!! Really wish everyone best of luck now, keep us updated.

Stuckin Swansea-If we can get through I'm sure you will be fine. Fingers crossed for you.

good Luck all!

TRA sent 1st Mar
Arrived 4th Mar (Interparcel)
TRA success 21st Mar (dated 15th Mar)
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleV will become famous soon enoughMichelleV will become famous soon enough

Well done
mine too passed today, now for the rest of the paper work
good luck

michelle x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi all

Just to let you know the letter came from the TRA and it said....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Thank god for that!! Really wish everyone best of luck now, keep us updated.

Stuckin Swansea-If we can get through I'm sure you will be fine. Fingers crossed for you.

good Luck all!

TRA sent 1st Mar
Arrived 4th Mar (Interparcel)
TRA success 21st Mar (dated 15th Mar)

WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congratulations
Mine arrived a couple of days after yours so HOPEFULLY I will hear very soon Really hope its before i head to Perth next Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.