Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:56 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi - am I allowed on your list?? feel very woeful as my acknowledgement was the 27/2/06 and am applying for 139 skilled subclass BQ visa - so no CO, no visa and lots of waiting. Any info about the above visa much appreciated, sorry to barge in!
Lotte
Hi Charlotte,

You can certainly join the list - but you would probably be better saying hello in the February thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...50#post3728450

Welcome to the waiting game...

Graham
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:03 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neil_hick
hi, can you add me to the list too. applied on march 16th on a 136 Skilled Independant Visa and have heard nowt since. money been taken for the application, and i have prooof of delivery through DHL, but no CO or even an Ackowledgement. Hopefully just got lost in post!

thanks!

Hi Neil,

Welcome! The list doesn't belong to anyone in particular but everyone

Feel free to update and add on comments as you please

Graham is right, you should be getting an email with a reference number (CLF2006/XXXX) and a receipt for the processing fees.

Anyway, if you used an agent, then the email will go direct to the agent and you wouldn't hear anything. As such, you can check with the agent.

Alternatively, check your SPAM folder as some emails from DIMA get diverted there.

If you don't have an agent and can't find the acknowledgement, you'd better email DIMA. Anyway, since the fees is taken, you are in the system somewhere. You just have to make sure DIMA can communicate with you though.

CHEERS!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:09 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Lotte

Aswellas joining the Feb thread you might want to join us fellow 139ers here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333674

I'm quite surprised that you don't have a CO yet - must be just around the corner..

Lou
xx

Hi - am I allowed on your list?? feel very woeful as my acknowledgement was the 27/2/06 and am applying for 139 skilled subclass BQ visa - so no CO, no visa and lots of waiting. Any info about the above visa much appreciated, sorry to barge in!
Lotte
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Lotte

Aswellas joining the Feb thread you might want to join us fellow 139ers here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333674

I'm quite surprised that you don't have a CO yet - must be just around the corner..

Lou
xx

ASPC are now processing MODLs for the first week of March.
Good news for you March applicants...but not good for us who applied at the end of Feb as 22nd-28th Feb has been missed out by ASPC.

What does it mean?????????????????
Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zeny
Hi Neil,

Welcome! The list doesn't belong to anyone in particular but everyone

Feel free to update and add on comments as you please

Graham is right, you should be getting an email with a reference number (CLF2006/XXXX) and a receipt for the processing fees.

Anyway, if you used an agent, then the email will go direct to the agent and you wouldn't hear anything. As such, you can check with the agent.

Alternatively, check your SPAM folder as some emails from DIMA get diverted there.

If you don't have an agent and can't find the acknowledgement, you'd better email DIMA. Anyway, since the fees is taken, you are in the system somewhere. You just have to make sure DIMA can communicate with you though.

CHEERS!
HI,

thanks for the quick reply.

myself and my +1 are going through the application ourselves so no agent is involved. unfortunately, thanks to the joys of Gmail, my spam is erased after 30 days so ive got no way of going over old emails. but on the bright side the money HAS gone out of my bank so should be ok. sent DIMA an email a few days ago anyway just to make sure - see what comes of that!

cheers
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:28 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Good news for you March applicants...but not good for us who applied at the end of Feb as 22nd-28th Feb has been missed out by ASPC.

That you'll get your visa very soon??? I hope so - you must be getting a bit lonely in that Feb thread

I think you're definitely justified in giving them a ring - by all accounts they are a nice friendly bunch over at ASPC. Go on - you know you want too!!

Graham
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
That you'll get your visa very soon??? I hope so - you must be getting a bit lonely in that Feb thread

I think you're definitely justified in giving them a ring - by all accounts they are a nice friendly bunch over at ASPC. Go on - you know you want too!!

Graham
I'm hoping that this means that we're all going straight thru to visa grant...as there is no need for CO to contact us....I hope!!!!!!!

I will be calling tonight!!!!!!!

TC
Old Jul 17th 2006, 5:03 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Originally Posted by touchingcloth

sorry to be dim - what does MODLs stand for?? and ASPC???
I am a feb applicant waiting on a 139 visa, and my brain is being seriously fried by the waiting game.
Ta
Lotte
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

I am a feb applicant waiting on a 139 visa, and my brain is being seriously fried by the waiting game.
Ta
Lotte
basicaly it is the ozzy demand list they have to say what people they want the most but the rate they handle them you would not think so
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:31 am

Ta
Lotte
Yeah, MODL stands for 'Migration Occupations in Demand List'- if you're on this list and you're applying under skilled independant (maybe others, including the 139 - I'm not sure but others can verify) you get more points and also are priority processed.

ASPC stands for 'Adelaide Skills Processing Centre' and is just the place where you send your application. Again, this might be different for 139 I'm not sure....

Graham
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:33 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neil_hick
HI,

thanks for the quick reply.

myself and my +1 are going through the application ourselves so no agent is involved. unfortunately, thanks to the joys of Gmail, my spam is erased after 30 days so ive got no way of going over old emails. but on the bright side the money HAS gone out of my bank so should be ok. sent DIMA an email a few days ago anyway just to make sure - see what comes of that!

cheers

Shouldn't be a problem then

CHEERS!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:33 am
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Originally Posted by northerner
Yeah, MODL stands for 'Migration Occupations in Demand List'- if you're on this list and you're applying under skilled independant (maybe others, including the 139 - I'm not sure but others can verify) you get more points and also are priority processed.

ASPC stands for 'Adelaide Skills Processing Centre' and is just the place where you send your application. Again, this might be different for 139 I'm not sure....

Graham
Thanks Graham,
a lot clearer now!! if only I could switch OFF the brain too!!
best regards
Lotte
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:45 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

Thanks Graham,
a lot clearer now!! if only I could switch OFF the brain too!!
best regards
Lotte
Hi Lotte,

Good news!

139 is considered a priority application bty the ASPC. Since your application was acknowledged before 1st March 06, you should have been allocated a CO by now.

Should be soon

CHEERS!

p/s

Email extracts:

"...Applications eligible for priority processing

1. Applicants whose nominated occupation is on the Migration
Occuptations in Demand List (MODL)

2. For applicants whose nominated occupation is not on the MODL,
applications for any of the following visas are given priority:

a) Skill Matching (Migrant) (Class BR) - Subclass 134 - Skill Matching
b) Skilled - Independent (Migrant) (Class BN) – Subclass 137 - Skilled -
State/Territory-nominated Independent
c) Skilled - Australian-sponsored (Migrant) (Class BQ) - Subclass 139 -
Skilled - Designated Area – Sponsored
d) Skilled - Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) - Subclass
495 - Skilled - Independent Regional (Provisional)
e) Skilled New Zealand (Residence) visa class (Class DB) - Subclass 863
- Skilled - Onshore Regional-Sponsored New Zealand Citizen
f) Skilled — Australian-sponsored Overseas Student (Residence) (Class
DE) - Subclass 882 - Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored Overseas
Student..."

Last edited by zeny; Jul 18th 2006 at 8:48 am.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:50 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

Hi Everyone,

Looks like DIMA has moved on to March.

Fingers and Toesies Crossed

CHEERS

p/s

Extract from ASPC mail:

"...As of 18th July 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating
applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE - paper based applications: 8 March 2006 (all applications)
ONSHORE- e-lodged (online) applications: 10 March 2006 (all applications)

SIR - paper based applications: 15 March 2006
SIR - e-lodged (online) applications: 1 May 2006

ONSHORE NEW ZEALAND APPLICATIONS: 22 November 2005

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (all paper based)
Priority Applications: In the range of 1 March to 8 March 2006
Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 28 November to 5 December 2005...

...If a visa application was made before the earliest relevant date as shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre at: [email protected] ..."
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by zeny
Hi Everyone,

Looks like DIMA has moved on to March.

Fingers and Toesies Crossed

CHEERS

p/s

Extract from ASPC mail:

"...As of 18th July 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating
applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE - paper based applications: 8 March 2006 (all applications)
ONSHORE- e-lodged (online) applications: 10 March 2006 (all applications)

SIR - paper based applications: 15 March 2006
SIR - e-lodged (online) applications: 1 May 2006

ONSHORE NEW ZEALAND APPLICATIONS: 22 November 2005

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (all paper based)
Priority Applications: In the range of 1 March to 8 March 2006
Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 28 November to 5 December 2005...

...If a visa application was made before the earliest relevant date as shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre at: [email protected] ..."
Indeed Zeny. I notice Touchingcloth from the Febb thread phoned last night as they hadn't heard anything - apparently they had a CO weeks ago! Maybe that's the same for us lot.... who knows!!

By the way - shouldn't you be busy sorting everything out to get your arse over to Oz?? Wot you doing on here LOL??

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.