Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:28 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by eljustino
Hi all,

Was going to wait for Dimia to request but decided against that, since listening to some of you guys who have frontloaded. So my questions are : -

1 - I have the form from the police and will send that back, but do i need any special form i.e. 47p to go with it or anything else for the police checks?

1 - Got form 26 printed and about to fill it in, then will choose a doctor from the panel list on the aussie high commssion website. Presume the doctor will he tell me if i need to do an xray? Is that right oir do i need to book that as well? Will he sort that out and is there anything I have missed that I need to add, or complete?

Cheers

Justin

Oh anything else you can think oif let me know and thanks
Hi Justin I had my medical with Dr Smith at St John Street in Manchester last week. Medicals and xrays done at same time. You will need an xray for definate. You will also have hep b and c blood tests as well as the routine hiv test as you work in a healthcare setting! If I remember rightly it was £55 for the xray, £95 for the medical and HIV test, £20 for hep B and £30 for hep C and £10 to send it all off by courier. Good luck!

Jackie

Last edited by Mrs JFW; Jun 13th 2006 at 12:39 pm. Reason: additional info
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:49 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Any other news anyone?

Anyone??

Come on DIMIA, get your arses into gear LOL

Graham
Nothing from me - not a dickie bird! The processing times email thingy says they are currently processing 11-20 January. So I think we've quite a wait yet

Have you had your pc's back yet? Our 40 day mark is up end of June so I'm hoping they get here soon! Not that I've got anyone to send them to!

Janine
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:22 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Nothing from me - not a dickie bird! The processing times email thingy says they are currently processing 11-20 January. So I think we've quite a wait yet

Have you had your pc's back yet? Our 40 day mark is up end of June so I'm hoping they get here soon! Not that I've got anyone to send them to!

Janine
No, no police check back yet. I think that the processing times DIMIA quote are pretty conservative. Even someone in the April thread has got a co!

I'm sure we'll get there in the end, I'm just too bloody impatient LOL

Graham
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

chers zeny and northerner for the advice, want to get this visa rapped up, the not knowing is a pain

will book he xray and the medical at the same time.

Cheers
Justin
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

No, no police check back yet. I think that the processing times DIMIA quote are pretty conservative. Even someone in the April thread has got a co!

I'm sure we'll get there in the end, I'm just too bloody impatient LOL

Graham
Tell me about it

I agree that timelines from DIMA are probably quite conservative. Look at Mick69 they've got their visa!!

I told myself I wasn't going to check my emails religiously every morning but I find my self doing just that!!

Oh well, there's always tomorrow

Just got to be more patient.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Tell me about it

I agree that timelines from DIMA are probably quite conservative. Look at Mick69 they've got their visa!!

I told myself I wasn't going to check my emails religiously every morning but I find my self doing just that!!

Oh well, there's always tomorrow

Just got to be more patient.
Hiya Janine and Graham, sit tight it won't be long before your PCC's come back. Then you can send them straight off to DIMA.
We didn't have anyone to send them to either but somebody said on another thread, to send them with a covering letter and on the outside of the envelope to write your reference number given on the acknowledgement.
Good luck to you all and fingers crossed.
Lynne x
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:00 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

How come loads of people in the April thread have got COs and visas (just had a very quick count and there are at least 9 people with either CO's or visas already)??!!

It's great that they're getting them but what about us March lot??? Have DIMIA nudged our pile into the bin by accident or summat???

Graham
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

It's great that they're getting them but what about us March lot??? Have DIMIA nudged our pile into the bin by accident or summat???

Graham
No...the bin is full with Feb applications. Maybe yours fell beind the back of a cabinet?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
No...the bin is full with Feb applications. Maybe yours fell beind the back of a cabinet?
Doh! Soz touchingcloth - I know you've been waiting aaaaages for yours. Well, not ages, but longer than most in the Feb lot...

I'm just so impatient LOL! Hope you hear something soon...

Graham
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Doh! Soz touchingcloth - I know you've been waiting aaaaages for yours. Well, not ages, but longer than most in the Feb lot...

I'm just so impatient LOL! Hope you hear something soon...

Graham
thanks....hope u get yours soon too.

have u read some of these posts from 136 MODL people waiting over 1 year?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
have u read some of these posts from 136 MODL people waiting over 1 year?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where???
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:24 pm
aka bunja

How come loads of people in the April thread have got COs and visas (just had a very quick count and there are at least 9 people with either CO's or visas already)??!!

Graham
I reckon they've forgotten that there is a March in the year

I wish the April one's good luck with their visas and co's but it's sooo bl**dy unfair
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Graham
I think you read it wrong. There is only 2 CO's issued to the April group and no visa's yet. Someone has posted the Feb list on the April tread for us to see, Think thats what you counted.
Tracie
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:39 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Red face Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I think you read it wrong. There is only 2 CO's issued to the April group and no visa's yet. Someone has posted the Feb list on the April tread for us to see, Think thats what you counted.
Tracie

Yup, you are right... 2 COs for April... I thought that was the April list too but it's the February list... phewww...

Suddenly had visions of the March pile of applications going into the Recycling bin too...

Dave (sa-redback) is maintaining the April/MayJune list. It's here:

http://www.amateurastronomy.org.uk/britexpats/may06.htm

Astronomy?... Looking to the stars for guidance eh...

I've resigned to the fact that I'll not hear anything from DIMA at least until after 1st July, when the new quotas starts.

Football and will have to do for now...

Have a good weekend ahead everyone!

CHEERS.

p/s Hmm... who's playing today... where did I put the schedule...

Last edited by zeny; Jun 16th 2006 at 7:45 am.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie
I'll get me coat....

Sorry for the confusion!

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.