London Expo

Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant future
Default Re: London Expo

Hi,

Went this morning. Got in no problem.

From what I so, as long as you were not looking for IT you had no problems at all.

Everyone I asked about IT could only say that there was a shortage throughout the country. I did not find a single specific stand for IT. Very dissapointing.

I think I will change my profession to a doctor.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
Hi,

Went this morning. Got in no problem.

From what I so, as long as you were not looking for IT you had no problems at all.

Everyone I asked about IT could only say that there was a shortage throughout the country. I did not find a single specific stand for IT. Very dissapointing.

I think I will change my profession to a doctor.
you can say that again! disappointing is an understatement, considering the horrible weather today, rain, wind at what feels like 100mph in the freezing cold.. queing OUTSIDE to go in and then seminar was full!!

how's that for a lovely day!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Bluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant future

I went on saturday at 2pm and got a ticket for the 3pm Victoria seminar. Had just spent 2-2.30 queuing for the victoria state stall and felt I knew more than she did. She had to pass me onto one of her colleagues.
As for the seminar - I'm sure all the tickets would have gone but there were quite a few empty seats which I thought was disappointing.
Started with someone from DIAC, followed by one of the girls from the stall talking about Victoria so was a bit of duplication about visa's.
The seminar was similar to down stairs in that it could have been organised better. They couldn't work powerpoint and when they wanted to show us a video on the laptop they had to put microphone next to it as the only speaker was the one in the laptop itself!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:47 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

OH went yesterday - think he felt a bit of waste of time - DIAC confirmed that the TRA will make decision regarding Pathway D in July and that we need a 457 visa - SA were quite helpful but said we needed skills assessment - Queensland not interested at all - however some positives came from NT who even took his CV and said that they would be interested in sponsoring and having looked through the books and from what he has said the bigger places of WA might be interested in another career option that he has, which is in demand in a regional area.....
So gonna spend a week sorting things out - trying to find out something about OH time within the Navy and maybe we will get something positive out of this! Fingers crossed!!!!
OH did say he forgot to mention his brief spell as a brain surgeon, which may have got him noticed straight away!!!
Ems x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smiling4
OH went yesterday - think he felt a bit of waste of time - DIAC confirmed that the TRA will make decision regarding Pathway D in July and that we need a 457 visa - SA were quite helpful but said we needed skills assessment - Queensland not interested at all - however some positives came from NT who even took his CV and said that they would be interested in sponsoring and having looked through the books and from what he has said the bigger places of WA might be interested in another career option that he has, which is in demand in a regional area.....
So gonna spend a week sorting things out - trying to find out something about OH time within the Navy and maybe we will get something positive out of this! Fingers crossed!!!!
OH did say he forgot to mention his brief spell as a brain surgeon, which may have got him noticed straight away!!!
Ems x
He Ems,
I'm glad your OH got something out of it. Did you mean a 475 visa, that's the one we are eligible for? And I thought we would have the same number of points.
Damn I didn't think that OH's spell as a nuclear phycisist would count, I must mention that to the next agent.
Flix x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point

we went and I have to say a bit disapointed, although we did find out that I could not get the extra five points from my wifes profession and now need to sit the english test being dyslexic I se this as some what of a problem LOL.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:32 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6073300

Best regards.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice
Smile Re: London Expo

OH went yesterday and although not on the skilled list and still getting an invitation (he's a site foreman/excavator operator) he thought it seemed quite positive re sponsorship. Four stands took his CV and one said they would be holding interviews in 6-8 weeks and he'd be notified if he had one, so fingers crossed.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

ozziemart2b is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to the Sunday one................very hectic, queuing to see everyone and felt disappointed. Then I wandered back downstairs and spoke with a guy from workforce solutions and handed over my cv.

Left the place, drove straight home to Manchester and found a message on answer phone. Someone coming to see me on Thursday - so will see what comes of that. So although it was a bit disorganised it got me a result - if only the chance to chat with somebody new about my options.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hubby went on Saturday and didn't really find it helpful at all. He felt it was much more geared up to people looking for sponsorship or at the beginning of the visa process.

Sam
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

lisa.e is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glennmatchett
we went and I have to say a bit disapointed, although we did find out that I could not get the extra five points from my wifes profession and now need to sit the english test being dyslexic I se this as some what of a problem LOL.
Once you have been assessed by the tra, and passed, you can apply for state sponsorship. If you are on there wanted list , they will make up the points. No need to take english test. I have also been told by Victoria state official, although they would like you to stay in the state which has sponsored you, they can't stop you moving to which ever state you prefer once you are there.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

elkitos is an unknown quantity at this point

What a waste of time ... Hope the paid for one in April is better
Old Mar 18th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: London Expo

Has anyone had any contact from anyone at the Expo as promised on the day?

Can anyone help how long does it take for them to get in touch? are we talking days or weeks?

It may save me checking e-mails and messages 100000 times a day!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burkins
Has anyone had any contact from anyone at the Expo as promised on the day?

Can anyone help how long does it take for them to get in touch? are we talking days or weeks?

It may save me checking e-mails and messages 100000 times a day!
They told my hubby that interviews would be held in 6-8 weeks time and he'd be notified by email if successful in getting one.

Don't know if all stands were saying the same!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Hi
What stand was that?

They told my hubbie that they would call this week and wanted to come and meet me!

I can't stand this waiting.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.