London Expo

Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

adams family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Expo

I think that maybe they should call it an expo for doctors nurses,teachers & engineers as thats all that seem to be there.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:52 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SimonG
Did they actually cross-reference people's registrations prior to sending out invites!
According to the initial invite email:
The decision to invite you to the event was based on the strong correlation between the information you provided in your on-line registration form and the profile of skilled migrants in demand provided to us by participating Australian employers and State and Territory Governments. While an invitation to participate does not guarantee any particular outcome, it does indicate a strong likelihood that the event will be of significant benefit to you.
So I guess that some exhibitors must have ticked the right skill/location boxes for anyone who received the invite.

I'm still inclined to go - there's probably something to be learned, and there are a couple of recruitment agencies there at the very least. I'll be out in Perth in around a week anyway, so if there were to be some opportunity, I'd be able to follow it up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, etc.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by benlast
According to the initial invite email:

So I guess that some exhibitors must have ticked the right skill/location boxes for anyone who received the invite.

I'm still inclined to go - there's probably something to be learned, and there are a couple of recruitment agencies there at the very least. I'll be out in Perth in around a week anyway, so if there were to be some opportunity, I'd be able to follow it up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, etc.
I'm in Perth after the Easter weekend doing the same thing! Got one interview lined up with an agency and hoping to get more - glad I'm not just relying on the Expo.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chasmw
I'm in Perth after the Easter weekend doing the same thing! Got one interview lined up with an agency and hoping to get more - glad I'm not just relying on the Expo.
hey, how come you guys are going to perth?? holiday??
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

milkchocolate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChocCake
Does anyone know anything about the London Olympia expo on 12/13th April 2008? Is it any good? What can I expect?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Yes, a holiday - but using it as an opportunity to speak to employers as well.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:16 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chasmw
Yes, a holiday - but using it as an opportunity to speak to employers as well.
Same here - we have family there, family in the process of moving there and more family planning to move there. So it's a combination holiday and reccie trips, with added talking-to-agencies!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Same here - we have family there, family in the process of moving there and more family planning to move there. So it's a combination holiday and reccie trips, with added talking-to-agencies!
so i'm assuming when you get your visa, you wont be validating and come back, you'll just go and do the move straight away??
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:59 pm
Citizen Of The World

so i'm assuming when you get your visa, you wont be validating and come back, you'll just go and do the move straight away??
Ah, that's a whole several months away... who can say...

But yes, one of the reasons for going is so that we can make a more informed final decision whether to move and, if so, just do it. I know some people are happy to move halfway around the world to a country that they've never even visited: I'm not
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, that's a whole several months away... who can say...

But yes, one of the reasons for going is so that we can make a more informed final decision whether to move and, if so, just do it. I know some people are happy to move halfway around the world to a country that they've never even visited: I'm not
LOL that's me!!
Not been to Perth, or anywhere in OZ for that matter. And we're going 175! ahhaha....
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

LOL that's me!!
Not been to Perth, or anywhere in OZ for that matter. And we're going 175! ahhaha....
Hi. How many CV's are people planning on taking? Don't have a memory stick so it will have to be paper copies.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jorose
Hi. How many CV's are people planning on taking? Don't have a memory stick so it will have to be paper copies.
Hi Jorose,

My hubby is taking 2 paper copies, but we have got a memory stick as well though.

Take a look at the exhibitors list and see which ones are relevant to you, that way, you will have an idea of how many you will need, then add one more for a spare

Donna.
x
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Hi,

Just found this media release about the London Expo from the department of immigration. It just outlines what they are expecting from the Expo.

http://www.chrisevans.alp.org.au/new...lease13-02.php
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi Jorose,

My hubby is taking 2 paper copies, but we have got a memory stick as well though.

Take a look at the exhibitors list and see which ones are relevant to you, that way, you will have an idea of how many you will need, then add one more for a spare

Donna.
x
Hithere

Thanks. I'll do a count then. I have 6 printed off so far with references & certificates so I will check I have enough. Good luck to everyone who is going.

Jo
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:19 am
Citizen Of The World

Well, it's pretty quiet right now: just took a look at the queue before sitting down here in Starbucks to pass the time until my slot at 11:30 and there can't have been more than twenty people hanging around outside Australia House in a vague sort of line. And we Brits are usually so good at queueing too... Maybe it's just early, or it's a hum of activity inside. I'll find out in fifteen minutes or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.