July 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: July 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Trussie
Hi

We started the app process in Sept 07 - finally got submitted in July 08. We were on the CSL & MODL to start with. With all the changes we are now right at the bottom of the pile and looks like it will be 2012 / 2013 before we even get there due to all the changes in the last couple of days. Feelin really low and downheartened. We've also applied for a 176 state sponsorship which has now also changed and won't get us there any quicker. Is it really worth it all???

Hope this helps! R u on the CSL?
Sorry for you Trussie ...hope you get processed soon with out any further complication ..Yes as such currently I am in the CSl hope there is no surprises for me too from DIAC in the coming months
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Anyone out there who, like us are still sitting at home in England, with the sight of moving to Oz gettin further and further away due to the recent changes. Its already been 14 months, the thought of another 3 years is pretty awful. Anyone as depressed as me about all this????
Trussie -

I know there have been a lot of changes with migrating - but certainly a July 2008 applicant who was on the MODL list and had received state sponsorship would be bumped along before 2012? If for no reason other then the economy picks up. Did your agent use paper form to apply?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Anyone out there who, like us are still sitting at home in England, with the sight of moving to Oz gettin further and further away due to the recent changes. Its already been 14 months, the thought of another 3 years is pretty awful. Anyone as depressed as me about all this????
We're July 08, family sponsored non CSL/MODL.
I just want to cry - I don't think we can wait 2/3 years we're getting too old, so are the kids. Our eldest will be 18 by then.
You're not alone.

Mandi
xxx
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mandi-C
I just want to cry - I don't think we can wait 2/3 years we're getting too old, so are the kids. Our eldest will be 18 by then.
You're not alone.

Mandi
xxx
Look at it this way, Mandi, there are people with valid PR that are not going for 2-3 years because of life events (economy/can't sell house/baby). Consider this your life event and be ready to go the moment you receive your grant...it could happen sooner then you now believe. Keep your chin up and your heart open.

Catherine
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tiger222
Trussie -

I know there have been a lot of changes with migrating - but certainly a July 2008 applicant who was on the MODL list and had received state sponsorship would be bumped along before 2012? If for no reason other then the economy picks up. Did your agent use paper form to apply?
Hi

The agent did everything electronically, can't believe its taken so long already let alone waiting another 3 years! We also found out today that Hubbies been laid off (2nd time this year). The frustrating thing is we have a job offer in Sydney and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. We just have to carry on here, plans to extend the house and family I think!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mandi-C
You're not alone.

Mandi
xxx
Hi Mandi

Nice to know we're not on our own. It feels like we keep getting one step closer and 10 steps back. Lets just hope the economy picks up. I wanted to get over there before my little one starts school next September,we didn't want him to settle into school before we went but he'll have to now. We also haven't had another baby for waiting so now I feel like I've wasted 2 years. Hubbies lost his job today as well, it just seems to be one thing after another. I cried last night when I read about all the changes, its like a massive carrot being dangled in our faces. Anyway, lets keep our chin up - let me know if u hear anything!!!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi

The agent did everything electronically, can't believe its taken so long already let alone waiting another 3 years! We also found out today that Hubbies been laid off (2nd time this year). The frustrating thing is we have a job offer in Sydney and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. We just have to carry on here, plans to extend the house and family I think!
Hmmm....interesting. It's unusual that the agent filed electronically. Generally they file with paper and it takes longer.

Ask the company if you can get in on the 457. At least then you'll be there and when the PR comes through, you've already made the move.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Tiger222 - Thanks, you're right and you made me smile!!! xxxx

Trussie - Sorry to here about the job. Just noticed where you're from, being from the Midlands I know we've been hit harder than the rest of the country, I'm sure he'll find something soon. Just think things must get better.

At least I know theres a place I can go where people understand the position we're in.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Mandi
xxx
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Hi Mandi/Trussie -

just wanted to say so sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine what it must feel like to wait this long and still not know anything. I was bad enough after 9 months.

Sending you positive thoughts that some miracle happens

Fiona
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

MittyJo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Awaiting Visa Grant

Paper based Application was lodged in 07/08, My skills were not in CSL that time, but now they on the reviewed new CSL. However keeping that apart, i have got a CO allocated in Feb 09 submitted all our medicals, every formality from our end has been completed, but we haven't heard/received anything?? This is really weired? Is their anyone like this who is sailing the same boat.....? Awaiting response...!
Is their anything i can do???Any suggestions...are welcome???

Last edited by MittyJo123; Oct 14th 2009 at 11:29 am.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

beeso will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Awaiting Visa Grant

Hello Dear July 08 applicants

miss talking to everyone here, we are doing Great...still hunting for the Job ...had 3 interviews and waiting for the results
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beeso

miss talking to everyone here, we are doing Great...still hunting for the Job ...had 3 interviews and waiting for the results
Wow, good luck to you on the job hunt! You'll find something before too long
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MittyJo123
Paper based Application was lodged in 07/08, My skills were not in CSL that time, but now they on the reviewed new CSL. However keeping that apart, i have got a CO allocated in Feb 09 submitted all our medicals, every formality from our end has been completed, but we haven't heard/received anything?? This is really weired? Is their anyone like this who is sailing the same boat.....? Awaiting response...!
Is their anything i can do???Any suggestions...are welcome???
Perhaps an email to your CO asking what the status is...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Originally Posted by beeso

Hey Beeso

How are you? Have you found work yet?
Hope you have

Fiona
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

beeso will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
Hey Beeso

How are you? Have you found work yet?
Hope you have

Fiona
Hello Fiona,

Thank u so much for Asking...Yes i found work and LOVE our life here ;o)..how r u doing and where r u staying?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.