British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   July 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/july-2008-applicants-546072/)

benlast Jun 30th 2008 5:20 pm

July 2008 Applicants

Hmm :) Well, I started the April 2008 Applicants thread, and now it looks like I'm starting the July 2008 one. And that's legit, since my 457 application will be delivered by courier to Australia House tomorrow afternoon, the 1st.

So just for the record; yes, it's a paper application, via London, because it's being done in conjunction with a UK employer's SBS (sponsorship) application. So it's probably not that representative of other applications.

Rather exhausted
b

benlast Jul 1st 2008 5:08 pm

Re: July 2008 Applicants

...and here I was expecting a whole load of applications to be done on July 1st, start of the new visa season ;)

b

JAK Jul 1st 2008 7:49 pm

I am sure you won't be the only one, good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheImmigrant Jul 2nd 2008 1:15 am

Originally Posted by JAK (Post 6523945)
I am sure you won't be the only one, good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i thnk we shud discuss it at
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546238

home alone Jul 2nd 2008 4:14 am

:) Hi! I think you will find, ChocCake started a July 2008 appl. thread, yesterday? Too?????? ;)

janjanxx Jul 3rd 2008 6:54 am

Originally Posted by home alone (Post 6525210)
:) Hi! I think you will find, ChocCake started a July 2008 appl. thread, yesterday? Too?????? ;)

Well done to all July apps.....

Hope you all get everything in and done before 31 July !!

kali Jul 3rd 2008 7:35 am

They company I want to work for (finally) decided that they don't want to wait anymore for my 175 to come through. (Applied Feb 20)

So they are also sponsoring me on a 475. Applied yesterday but the agent did give me my TRN so I can't check :curse:

Flights booked for Sep. 3.

benlast Jul 3rd 2008 7:38 am

Originally Posted by kali (Post 6529184)
They company I want to work for (finally) decided that they don't want to wait anymore for my 175 to come through. (Applied Feb 20)

So they are also sponsoring me on a 475. Applied yesterday but the agent did give me my TRN so I can't check :curse:

Flights booked for Sep. 3.

Sounds rather like my situation: I must chase for a TRN so I can inform DIAC of the change to the 175 application (I believe a form 1022 is the best way to do this).

Cheers
b

kali Jul 3rd 2008 7:59 am

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6529195)
Sounds rather like my situation: I must chase for a TRN so I can inform DIAC of the change to the 175 application (I believe a form 1022 is the best way to do this).

Cheers
b

Sorry, can't help you with that. They used the same agent as for my 175.
She made me a list with all steps she will be doing, including contacting ASPC to inform them that there is a 475 applied as well.
She needs to inform LCU or something that the medicals for the 175 have to be used for the 475.
She already has a gazillion papers from me so she doesn't need anything else. She would contact me when the visa is available.

lilsweets Jul 11th 2008 8:15 am

Hi,

I saw that both July 2008 applicants were getting lost down the line so thought I would bump one up:lol: Chose this one as it was the first one created, sorry Choc Cake, no offense intended:)

Submitted my 175 MODL application yesterday, now the wait really begins! Just wondering if I should be receiving an email saying that it was received? I was given a TRN when I submitted the form online, is this sufficient?

Cheers everyone, look forward to reading more posts from July 2008 applicants!

janjanxx Jul 11th 2008 8:20 am

Originally Posted by lilsweets (Post 6559508)
Hi,

I saw that both July 2008 applicants were getting lost down the line so thought I would bump one up:lol: Chose this one as it was the first one created, sorry Choc Cake, no offense intended:)

Submitted my 175 MODL application yesterday, now the wait really begins! Just wondering if I should be receiving an email saying that it was received? I was given a TRN when I submitted the form online, is this sufficient?

JUNE 2008 APPLICANTS RULE :thumbsup:

lilsweets Jul 11th 2008 9:07 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6559517)
JUNE 2008 APPLICANTS RULE :thumbsup:

Now, now, let's not fight:D:p

What's time between friends?!:lol:

Don't worry, our timelines are so similiar I will be watching the June 2008 progress also!

janjanxx Jul 11th 2008 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lilsweets (Post 6559620)
Now, now, let's not fight:D:p

What's time between friends?!:lol:

Don't worry, our timelines are so similiar I will be watching the June 2008 progress also!

Ok.... but we do lol

kali Jul 11th 2008 9:17 am

Originally Posted by lilsweets (Post 6559508)
Hi,

You won't get any emails until your CO is assigned, which will be another 9 months or so.
With the TRN you can check the status of your application on http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm.

Nothing changes until your meds have been processed or until you have a CO.

Kali

lilsweets Jul 11th 2008 9:40 am

Originally Posted by kali (Post 6559636)
You won't get any emails until your CO is assigned, which will be another 9 months or so.
With the TRN you can check the status of your application on http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm.

Nothing changes until your meds have been processed or until you have a CO.

Kali

Thanks Kali,

Must find some techniques on forgetting about it for a while instead of checking my status daily!