British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   July 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/july-2008-applicants-546072/)

FionaandAndrew Sep 6th 2009 10:27 am

Re: July 2008 Applicants

Hi Guys thought I would drop in and give you an update.

We're still alive after 6 weeks in Perth.

Both working and have moved into a 6 month rental in Ocean Reef - it has a swimming pool and views of the ocean - fab!!!

We are still waiting for our stuff - the ship should arrive 22nd September so we have had to go out a buy a few supplies to get by. Can't wait for stuff to come, especially the washing machine and dryer.

The cats are out of quarantine, one's still a little freaked out but the other has been outside exploring already. They are both fine tho.

Just can't wait for Spring/Summer now as there has been a lot of rain over the past few weeks. Want to see the real Perth and be able to go to the beach without shivering!

So so far so good, we like it.:D

melbert Sep 7th 2009 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7908532)

Both working and have moved into a 6 month rental in Ocean Reef - it has a swimming pool and views of the ocean - fab!!!

We are still waiting for our stuff - the ship should arrive 22nd September so we have had to go out a buy a few supplies to get by. Can't wait for stuff to come, especially the washing machine and dryer.

The cats are out of quarantine, one's still a little freaked out but the other has been outside exploring already. They are both fine tho.

Just can't wait for Spring/Summer now as there has been a lot of rain over the past few weeks. Want to see the real Perth and be able to go to the beach without shivering!

Hey there!! We're just up the road in Kinross, drop me a line if you want to get together!!

Can't wait for the rain to stop, I am so over the rain now, looking forward to summer so we can get back out bodyboarding!! Won't be long, apparently!!

Mel:D

beeso Sep 17th 2009 12:24 pm

Hello Dear Forum Family ;)

we've finally moved to our permanent accomodation, we succeeded to rent it for 1 year :thumbsup:

received the furniture and electirc appliances, waiting for the phone and internet to be connected to start searching for work :)

LOVE THE PLACE HERE :thumbsup:

tiger222 Sep 17th 2009 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7908532)

Fiona -

So glad to hear that things are working out for you!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We miss Australia - can't wait to move back!!:fingerscrossed:

tiger222 Sep 17th 2009 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by beeso (Post 7939168)

we've finally moved to our permanent accomodation, we succeeded to rent it for 1 year :thumbsup:

received the furniture and electirc appliances, waiting for the phone and internet to be connected to start searching for work :)

Beeso! Congratulations on receiving your visa and MOVING so quickly!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad you're loving it!

Spring is here and summer is on it's way!!

tiger222 Sep 17th 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7911368)
Hey there!! We're just up the road in Kinross, drop me a line if you want to get together!!

Can't wait for the rain to stop, I am so over the rain now, looking forward to summer so we can get back out bodyboarding!! Won't be long, apparently!!

Mel:D

Mel -

Congratulations on your move! I'm glad you're enjoying life in WA!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bodyboarding is just around the corner! Have a great time.

tiger222 Sep 17th 2009 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ice mocha (Post 7871657)
oh yes!!! you can say the word FINALLY again!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

sent off passports today too!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ice Mocha -

CONGRATULATIONS on your VISA GRANT!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was following your thread for a while....sounds like a rough road. But the thing to hold on to is that you MADE IT!!!:thumbsup:

FionaandAndrew Sep 23rd 2009 2:26 pm

Catherine - where are you? Why are you not in Australia?:confused:

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7939203)
Fiona -

So glad to hear that things are working out for you!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We miss Australia - can't wait to move back!!:fingerscrossed:

FionaandAndrew Sep 23rd 2009 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by beeso (Post 7939168)

Good Luck with the job hunting Beeso!!!:thumbsup:

beeso Sep 23rd 2009 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 7939207)
Beeso! Congratulations on receiving your visa and MOVING so quickly!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad you're loving it!

Spring is here and summer is on it's way!!

Hello Tiger222 ;)

Thank u so much , can't wait to see how the Summer's gonna be :thumbup:

beeso Sep 23rd 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7957579)
Good Luck with the job hunting Beeso!!!:thumbsup:

Hello Fiona :)

Thanks so much for ur Wishes, how r u doing? :)

tiger222 Sep 24th 2009 1:57 am

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7957564)
Catherine - where are you? Why are you not in Australia?:confused:

Hey Fiona -

We are back in the States. We put things together backwards (what else is new). We applied for permanent resident visa, got it, then went to visit Australia. Because we had never been there before, my husband was not willing to sell up and ship everything out. I have to admit I was glad he was hesitant because I had many days of uncertainty. What we did discover in our 8 months of living in Australia is that we love it....and we're ready...

So now we need the housing market to pick up in the US - maybe in the spring 2010. For now, we're back in our house and we're focused on the future - when we can make Australia permanent! :thumbsup:

Trussie Sep 24th 2009 8:42 pm

Anyone out there who, like us are still sitting at home in England, with the sight of moving to Oz gettin further and further away due to the recent changes. Its already been 14 months, the thought of another 3 years is pretty awful. Anyone as depressed as me about all this????

krishnaecetech Sep 25th 2009 4:54 am

Hey July 2008 guys have all of you succesfully got your PR. What was the longest, shortest and Average time in the case of you July 2008 guys. I am just a July 2009 person so thought would have some light about this from the previous year July guys... Just a strange wish :D:D:lol:

Trussie Sep 25th 2009 7:36 am

Originally Posted by krishnaecetech (Post 7963564)
Hey July 2008 guys have all of you succesfully got your PR. What was the longest, shortest and Average time in the case of you July 2008 guys. I am just a July 2009 person so thought would have some light about this from the previous year July guys... Just a strange wish :D:D:lol:

Hi

We started the app process in Sept 07 - finally got submitted in July 08. We were on the CSL & MODL to start with. With all the changes we are now right at the bottom of the pile and looks like it will be 2012 / 2013 before we even get there due to all the changes in the last couple of days. Feelin really low and downheartened. We've also applied for a 176 state sponsorship which has now also changed and won't get us there any quicker. Is it really worth it all???

Hope this helps! R u on the CSL?