British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   July 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/july-2008-applicants-546072/)

FionaandAndrew Jul 28th 2009 2:19 pm

Re: July 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7791229)
It's such a fab sunset isn't it!! Lucky you've had no rain since you've got here!!
Where in Perth are you?

Mel:D

Hi
We are staying in Quinns Rocks for 6 weeks, so need to look for a longer term rental. Whereabouts are you Melbert? I will be working in Subiaco so could do with something a little further south really.

We heard the storm on Friday night couldn't believe how loud it was but no luckily it has been very fine since. It looks like it is going to warm up abit too, I think it said up to 22 on weather forecast for the weekend.

But yes, we are tired, those last 2 weeks in UK were so hectic we hardly slept. But apart from that everything is good at the moment.

Mandi-C Jul 29th 2009 12:44 am

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7793186)
Hi
We are staying in Quinns Rocks for 6 weeks, so need to look for a longer term rental. Whereabouts are you Melbert? I will be working in Subiaco so could do with something a little further south really.

We heard the storm on Friday night couldn't believe how loud it was but no luckily it has been very fine since. It looks like it is going to warm up abit too, I think it said up to 22 on weather forecast for the weekend.

But yes, we are tired, those last 2 weeks in UK were so hectic we hardly slept. But apart from that everything is good at the moment.

Wish it was 22 and sunny here!!!!!!
Glad to hear everything is going well.
Love it when I hear of someone finally living the dream.

Mandi
xx

ice mocha Jul 29th 2009 9:18 am

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7790828)
OH MY GOD!! I can't believe I missed this Beeso!!!
Wonderful news, congratulations.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are in Perth hence the quietness for a few days, we arrived on Friday night - so far so good Perth is beautiful, we just watched the sun setting over the ocean. Amazing!!!

oh im even more jealous nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope you're enjoying every minute over there....... :p

melbert Jul 29th 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew (Post 7793186)
Hi

Hi Fiona,

Good to hear from you. We're in Kinross, so just down the road, I work in the city and get the train to work - takes half an hour - so it's not too bad, but Subi would mean a line change! Quinns Beach is just gorgeous too!

We've been here 5 months now and it's been a real whirlwind of stuff to do! We've got a block of land and are just waiting for our house to start taking shape!

Yes, the weather has improved this week! Glorious sunshine, even if a little chilly now!!

PM me if you want to meet up, don't forget that there's a girls meet up at Hilary's pretty much every Thursday from around 12.30 ish at the Beach Shack cafe. Ask the staff to point you in the right direction of their table, they're a great bunch and gave me an excellent start here!

ice mocha Aug 5th 2009 11:38 pm

we have our 176 approval email today!!!!!!!

still shaking...... still digesting it..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :p :p

kronk Aug 6th 2009 4:34 am

Originally Posted by ice mocha (Post 7817726)

absolutely fantastic news, particularly after all you've been through in the process!! Enjoy the moment as you'll be busy, busy, busy tomorrow!!!

Well done and congratulations again!!

ice mocha Aug 6th 2009 5:46 am

Originally Posted by kronk (Post 7818702)
absolutely fantastic news, particularly after all you've been through in the process!! Enjoy the moment as you'll be busy, busy, busy tomorrow!!!

Well done and congratulations again!!

thanks KRONK my friend!!!! yes i had actually given up hope... :p

beeso Aug 6th 2009 11:35 am

TO BE HONEST..THIS'S THE POST I WAS REALLY WAITING FOR :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DEARRRRRR ICE MOCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :thumbup:

FINALLY U GOT ITTTTTTTT...WELL DESERVED;)

melbert Aug 6th 2009 6:03 pm

Huge Congratulations!!! Got there in the end, the wait was worth it!!

Now you've got loads to plan and do, what's next??

FionaandAndrew Aug 6th 2009 6:34 pm

Yipee!!!

Congratulations!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ice mocha Aug 6th 2009 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by beeso (Post 7819950)
TO BE HONEST..THIS'S THE POST I WAS REALLY WAITING FOR :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DEARRRRRR ICE MOCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :thumbup:

FINALLY U GOT ITTTTTTTT...WELL DESERVED;)

hey guys.... does it mean i really got it.... or just another form to fill in and another wait for the actual grant..?

im rather..... pessimistic.. after all this wait... :huh:

ice mocha Aug 6th 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 7820586)
Huge Congratulations!!! Got there in the end, the wait was worth it!!

Now you've got loads to plan and do, what's next??

well............................

need to sell the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gggrrrrrr :frown:

and need to validate i guess............... yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! when the day comes :D

ice mocha Aug 19th 2009 10:13 pm

i sent a PLE last week, got the reply this morning!!!

saying they received the sponsorship... but its INVALID?!!??!

can someone explainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :o :o

slackbloke Aug 24th 2009 12:15 am

Today I got confirmation of our VISA GRANT!!!

Interestingly, it happened after submitting a PLE. My last contact with my case officer was 18/05/2009 and since then I have heard nothing. I decided to ask for an update and within 8 hours I had the visa grant letter!

ice mocha Aug 24th 2009 12:30 am

Got visa granted today :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: