INDIAN APPLICANTS

Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Not really! What about Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma bombings) or the IRA bombers?
He did say International Terrorists. Both Timothy McVeigh and the IRA would be classed as domestic terrorists since their attacks took place in their countries of origin.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I can totally see why India is a high risk country.
I have been here since the beginning of this year on a student visa. In my class there are 15 students.
Five of those students are from India, FOUR of those Indian students have been caught cheating on tests, again and again and again. The one who hasn't happily tells everyone how her sister did all her homework when she was training to be a DR, and although she is a qualified DR she has some very mixed up ideas (you catch viruses because of the cold weather!).
Not one person from any other nationality has cheated (or if they did they were a lot more cunning in the way they did it).

I used to love Inidan people, and have visited India (and that visa was a pain to get lol) but my Indian class mates have made me now doubt any qualifications that any Indians have as I have seen first hand how they get them!
You are quite correct I was discussing this topic and forum today with a few work colleagues, one of them used to work with a few Indians in a previous job and he said that two of them went to India for 2 weeks and came back with MCSE & MCP certificates. It usually takes a lot longer than 2 weeks to become Certified in just 1 and he also mentioned that one of the same men got the shoe for supplying bodgy parking meter receipts.

Seems to be part of the culture but I know that not all Indians are like that because the people who own the little shop up the street are really nice genuine people, I am going ask them what that their opinion on this subject because I would hate to see good people tarred with the same brush.

I am very disappointed by all these stories but its good to get them out in the open and talk about it. That the good thing about these forums to Educate and Inform.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

sfreq is an unknown quantity at this point

I can totally see why India is a high risk country.
I have been here since the beginning of this year on a student visa. In my class there are 15 students.
Five of those students are from India, FOUR of those Indian students have been caught cheating on tests, again and again and again. The one who hasn't happily tells everyone how her sister did all her homework when she was training to be a DR, and although she is a qualified DR she has some very mixed up ideas (you catch viruses because of the cold weather!).
Not one person from any other nationality has cheated (or if they did they were a lot more cunning in the way they did it).

I used to love Inidan people, and have visited India (and that visa was a pain to get lol) but my Indian class mates have made me now doubt any qualifications that any Indians have as I have seen first hand how they get them!
There is a tendency to generalize that all Indians are similar. One might be tempted to make this generalization considering the example that you have given, which unfortunately is quite believeable. Quite a shame really. And this generalization has let to the so called 'discrimination' that Indians are facing. And who suffers? The honest lot.

So if anyone's complaining that Indians are disadvantaged, there is a good reason for that happening. But that doesn't mean that all Indians are alike, does it?

Anyway, the point is that Indians cribbing over here should take a good hard look at why they want to move to Australia.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:15 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Seems to be part of the culture but I know that not all Indians are like that
I am very disappointed by all these stories but its good to get them out in the open and talk about it. That the good thing about these forums to Educate and Inform.
Not fair to stigmatise the entire culture because of a few bad apples that you encountered.

To understand the culture I would suggest that one should actually travel to India and spend a fair amount of time there.

Last edited by GOBLIN; Nov 26th 2008 at 8:21 am.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:20 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by sfreq
There is a tendency to generalize that all Indians are similar. One might be tempted to make this generalization considering the example that you have given, which unfortunately is quite believeable. Quite a shame really. And this generalization has let to the so called 'discrimination' that Indians are facing. And who suffers? The honest lot.

So if anyone's complaining that Indians are disadvantaged, there is a good reason for that happening. But that doesn't mean that all Indians are alike, does it?

Anyway, the point is that Indians cribbing over here should take a good hard look at why they want to move to Australia.
A few comments on a forum needn't be a reson to discourage anyone from migrating to this wonderful country. Most Aussies, fortunately will judge you for the individual that you are and not due to ignorant generalisations.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Not fair to stigmatise the entire culture because of a few bad apples that you encountered.

To understand the culture I would suggest that one should actually travel to India and spend a fair amount of time there.
I have traveled to different parts of India 11 times and still would agree with most of the forum members here. Sorry to disagree with you but I don't think people who talked about their experiences here are ignorant though their views are different from you.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have just realised I put the wrong numbers down of Indian students. There are 7 on our course, 6 of which have been caught cheating.
I myself have spoken to some of these 'men' and they don't seem to understand that it is unaceptable to cheat. They even argue that taking a sheet of answers into a test is not cheating, because they are just checking on the answers they don't know! Why then hide it? They know full well it is wrong, and they still do it.

I would imagin one of the differences with these people are they are obviously well off, after all, it is $10k a year to do this course, so maybe they are just used to getting what they want no matter what.
I know one of them stated to our lecturer that they expected a pass on the course just for paying their $10k a year!

It may seem sad that people generalise, but really, 6 out of 7 people from one country all cheating (and nobody from any other country)? I tried not to generalise to start with, but after you see it happening AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN you begin to loose pacience.

The sad thing is I have known some lovely Indian people who it would never even occur to me before that they may have got to where they have got to in life through cheating, but now I start to wonder, as it just seems so 'normal' to these people.

And to say people should spend time in India to understand it, fair enough if you were looking to move to India, but I am in OZ, and would expect ANYONE to follow the rules of the country I am in. This course has been a total shock to me, I really had not expect to have such dishonest people on my course, well at least not so many.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Well thats the thing I have not really encountered this sort of behavior and never really thought about until now...... but with all these reports how can so many people be wrong or biased.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:14 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by caliburn
I have traveled to different parts of India 11 times and still would agree with most of the forum members here. Sorry to disagree with you but I don't think people who talked about their experiences here are ignorant though their views are different from you.

Opinions rather than experiences.

A handful of anonymous people on an internet forum calling a populace of a Billion peope dishonest. Based on their experiences (if at all) with a few foreign students. What else would one call it
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:31 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by caliburn
I'm sorry but I should have been more specific. When I said travel I ddint mean business trips or the touristy trips where you got to the local attractions, take photos and fly back.

I'm sorry that your experience was not very good. However I know hundreds of people from different parts of the world personally, who would claim otherwise.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

There are only two of us who have mentioned students, this post was going on far before that.

In the end, the Australian government have had problems with people from India which is why they are a higher risk country than others. Some people were saying they did not understand why, but then don't want to hear the answers as it is not what they want to hear.

Had I not seen it with my own eyes I probably wouldn't be convinced either after visiting India and meeting lots of wondeful people, but I have seen it, as have the rest of my disgusted class mates (from numerous countries). Other than the cheating some of the Indians on my courses seem lovely people, BUT I can never respect anyone who I know will happily cheat.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

By the way, I recon the Indians on our course have probably labelled all English people as smart ass, loud mouthed gits from the two of us on our course.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:44 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

BUT I can never respect anyone who I know will happily cheat.
I agree with you PB. Neither would I.

To put it simply, don't judge a billion folks based on the deeds of a few dishonest people. I hope that's not asking for too much is it?

As far as applicant's from HR countries go, there are a few things you can do to make things go a little faster:

1. Frontload your Police Clearance
2. Give all relevant information that may be useful to the case officer before they send you a request
3. Apply online (this'll save you a couple of months)

Last edited by GOBLIN; Nov 26th 2008 at 10:58 am.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry but I should have been more specific. When I said travel I ddint mean business trips or the touristy trips where you got to the local attractions, take photos and fly back.

I'm sorry that your experience was not very good. However I know hundreds of people from different parts of the world personally, who would claim otherwise.
Goblin, I have met with travelers (only a few) with both positive and negative views on India. The point I am trying to make is that forum-members with negative views are not ignorant, they just had a different experince than yours. You are so lucky that you had the opportunity to personally know hundreds (how many hundreds, by the way?) of people from around the world who shared with you positive experiences of traveling to India.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

sfreq is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, I recon the Indians on our course have probably labelled all English people as smart ass, loud mouthed gits from the two of us on our course.
Not all of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.