British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   INDIAN APPLICANTS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/indian-applicants-574250/)

letusenjoy79 Nov 20th 2008 2:53 pm

INDIAN APPLICANTS

:)Welcome friends from India who are in the process of migration and share our experiences.
We are from Delhi India. I am a Civil Engineer and wife is Teacher. We have filed online application(175) using an Agent. Our application has been filed on 20/11/2008 and now we are in queue and apprehend that we have to wait for quite long before our turn comes:thumbup:

msi geek Nov 20th 2008 10:54 pm

Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Be prepared for a long wait - applying from a HIGH RISK country.

Unlike other countries, Australia 's immigration system is based on the applicant's nationality.

The good news - Civil Engineers are in huge demand in Oz.

goldchoccycoin Nov 20th 2008 11:24 pm

Actually the immigration system is NOT based on anyones nationality. Security checks and employment/qualification checks take much longer from 'high risk' coutries - so it is not that DICA put anyone in a different queue - but that a low risk individual can be processed faster. Everyone is treated the same - it's just the processing takes longer.

Good luck.

ddb Nov 21st 2008 3:44 am

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79 (Post 6993097)
:)Welcome friends from India who are in the process of migration and share our experiences.
We are from Delhi India. I am a Civil Engineer and wife is Teacher. We have filed online application(175) using an Agent. Our application has been filed on 20/11/2008 and now we are in queue and apprehend that we have to wait for quite long before our turn comes:thumbup:

Dear letusenjoy79,

I am also from Delhi.
Nowadays I am looking for an agent.
Which agent did you choose? How much are they charging you?

Kindly advise.

Regards

mahi Nov 21st 2008 6:27 am

You can talk to me, I am myself a civil engineer but now in immigration business by gods grace :confused:, if u wish, i will take whole process of ur immigration under my supervision but then with a small charge of course ;).

pumpkin blossom Nov 21st 2008 8:31 am

Do you have a link to your companies website mahi?

claire s Nov 21st 2008 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 6995062)
Dear letusenjoy79,

I am also from Delhi.
Nowadays I am looking for an agent.
Which agent did you choose? How much are they charging you?

Kindly advise.

Regards

-----
Hi ddb

I thought I'd mention: Migration Agents who are registered in Australia have training and must follow a professional code of conduct. You can read it on this website:

http://www.themara.com.au

Also, the Migration Agents Registration Authority publishes a guide to average fees that agents charge. You can look at this to see if you think you are paying a reasonable fee.

cheers,
Claire

ddb Nov 21st 2008 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mahi (Post 6995301)
You can talk to me, I am myself a civil engineer but now in immigration business by gods grace :confused:, if u wish, i will take whole process of ur immigration under my supervision but then with a small charge of course ;).

How can I contact you?
What would be the small charge, if you do not mind to disclose in this forum :)

Dorothy Nov 21st 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by claire s (Post 6995566)
-----
Hi ddb

I thought I'd mention: Migration Agents who are registered in Australia have training and must follow a professional code of conduct. You can read it on this website:

http://www.themara.com.au

Also, the Migration Agents Registration Authority publishes a guide to average fees that agents charge. You can look at this to see if you think you are paying a reasonable fee.

cheers,
Claire

If you are in fact a MARA registered agent you are more than welcome to include a link to your firm in your signature. It would also be advisable to include your MARN.

claire s Nov 21st 2008 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6995698)
If you are in fact a MARA registered agent you are more than welcome to include a link to your firm in your signature. It would also be advisable to include your MARN.

Thanks for the tip Dorothy!
I am a registered agent - MARN 0638942
cheers,
Claire

mahi Nov 21st 2008 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 6995642)
How can I contact you?

hi ddb, if u dont mind, plz give me ur e-mail id, or it might not be good on the forum to paste any information that owners or moderators might not like.

mahi Nov 21st 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 6995642)
How can I contact you?

or if u wish, click on my name and it will guide u to a message box and write message, it will reach my mail box :)

Dorothy Nov 21st 2008 1:05 pm

Please be careful when paying anyone for migration advice that is not a member of MARA. Anyone who gives advice for a fee must be registered.

Pollyana Nov 21st 2008 2:15 pm

If you are a migration agent, please be open on the forum as to your identity, and if registered its advisable to include you MARN in your signature.

Touting for business in this way is not allowed on this forum, and like Dorothy I would advise anyone to be extremely cautious when using an unregistered agent. There are many tales on here of people being ripped off by, and/or getting bad advice from. unregistered agents with very rudimentary knowledge.

Gypsy. Nov 21st 2008 2:50 pm

Hi

I would like to request moderators to remove the posts by those who touts for business. The charm of this forum is being marred by these posts.

By the way, I am also an Indian, but :curse: myself for ,,,,