IELTS :: English test ::

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS :: English test ::

Originally Posted by newjersey
The logic of the T/F/NG is relatively straight forward. You only need to relate that to the text and not overthink it. If the text, for example, is about smoking ban in public places and there is not a word in there about, say, second hand smoke being harmful - then a question about second hand smoking relative to this text will be NG. As a guide, never rely on the common knowledge when answering this type of questions.
NJ
Thanks newjersey, for your explanation...i think that's exactly what I did, I was overthinking it even for sth that was very straightforward.. I really don't know what happened to me.

At times I understand the logic of it... but I gues i am applying a critique approach to the question... sth which I do at my course...and I feel that's completely cnfusing me...
I should approach the question in a simple thinking mode.
Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

I've done it!!!

L-9, R-7, W-7.5, S-9!!

YESsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:11 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I'm so excited - another hurdle out of the way - got my results this morning and have passed my IELTS with an overall 8.5, 8.5 for reading, writing and listening and 9 for speaking (but then I never shut up anyway).

Apologies to those who haven't passed - I really feel for you, its so frustrating having to go through this - but keep going, its a fantastic feeling when you get that certificate with the magic numbers on it!

Glen Matchett my book is on its way to you! Good Luck.
Originally Posted by ChocCake
I've done it!!!

L-9, R-7, W-7.5, S-9!!

Well done to you both
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:29 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
I've done it!!!

L-9, R-7, W-7.5, S-9!!

Well done! Watch out Oz - the girls are a coming!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Well done!
I've got mine on Sat - fingers crossed I can join your group!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jo n craig
Well done!
I've got mine on Sat - fingers crossed I can join your group!
you mean you're sitting it this sat? good luck!!!
Old May 24th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Oh hard luck. I've been there. It sucks. I sat it again just over a month later and passed though. An appeal takes 6 weeks.
Just to let all of you guys know that I re-sat the IELTS on 10 May after failing the March one with the reading part, and today received the results which stated I PASSED

I am very happy, and would like to say a special thank you to Nige and Mary for all their kind words when I was in my lows.

Summer
Old May 24th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Summer05
Just to let all of you guys know that I re-sat the IELTS on 10 May after failing the March one with the reading part, and today received the results which stated I PASSED

I am very happy, and would like to say a special thank you to Nige and Mary for all their kind words when I was in my lows.

Summer
Congratulations
Old May 24th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by edie209
Congratulations
Oh, thank you so much .
It took some serious hard work with the reading bit.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, thank you so much .
It took some serious hard work with the reading bit.
Hey well done. Feels great doesnt it? All systems go now.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey well done. Feels great doesnt it? All systems go now.
Thanks a lot...
oh god... I seriously couldn't open the envelope this morning. And yes you are absolutely right it feels GREAT in capital letters.
I am off to the pub for a drink once I finish studying for my exam (doing a postgraduate course)
Old May 24th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks a lot...
oh god... I seriously couldn't open the envelope this morning. And yes you are absolutely right it feels GREAT in capital letters.
I am off to the pub for a drink once I finish studying for my exam (doing a postgraduate course)
Yes its like opening your school exam results all over again but don't it feel good........ to know you have a command of your native language
Old May 24th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by edie209
Yes its like opening your school exam results all over again but don't it feel good........ to know you have a command of your native language
Yeah, just like school exams, in fact worst because...for me it feels even better, coz english is not my first language, but I am the main applicant....( husband & kids have english as their native language,)
Old May 24th 2008, 11:09 am
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wooohooo!!!
Just opened the envelope and I got 9.0 in all!
I can't believe it, I was very worried about my writing because I didn't even finish, I was stopped before my conclusion!
Well done to all that passed...let's go down the pub
Old May 24th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james2300
Wooohooo!!!
Just opened the envelope and I got 9.0 in all!
I can't believe it, I was very worried about my writing because I didn't even finish, I was stopped before my conclusion!
Well done to all that passed...let's go down the pub

Well done, a drink in the pub is well deserved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.