Wikiposts

IELTS :: English test ::

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS :: English test ::

Originally Posted by glennmatchett
I am sure you did fine, as for me being dyslexic I am pretty worried but I need the five points,
This is one of the reasons I dissagree STRONGLY with the IELTS test. I am not dyslexic but feel the test is extremely unfair on those that are. There should be system in place which takes into account dyslexia and marks accordingly.:curse:
Good luck glenmatchett
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by charlie-k
This is one of the reasons I dissagree STRONGLY with the IELTS test. I am not dyslexic but feel the test is extremely unfair on those that are. There should be system in place which takes into account dyslexia and marks accordingly.:curse:
Good luck glenmatchett
i think the listening part of the test would be hard for people with dyslexic as i understand its harder for them to write/spell? but overall, the damn test is hard anyway!! i dont know how the foreign students do the academic ones!!! i would have cried!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ChocCake
i think the listening part of the test would be hard for people with dyslexic as i understand its harder for them to write/spell? but overall, the damn test is hard anyway!! i dont know how the foreign students do the academic ones!!! i would have cried!
I am hoping (for future applicants) that there will be a fairer system in place. I think that on other threads we may have exhausted the arguements about speaking English all our lives, going to University blah blah blah
I also understand that there are many 'English passport holders' who don't speak / write English but if there was a simpler and cheaper way to prove your English eligibility then it should be adopted for all those 'genuine' and frustrated people.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

I am hoping (for future applicants) that there will be a fairer system in place. I think that on other threads we may have exhausted the arguements about speaking English all our lives, going to University blah blah blah
I also understand that there are many 'English passport holders' who don't speak / write English but if there was a simpler and cheaper way to prove your English eligibility then it should be adopted for all those 'genuine' and frustrated people.
i am not sure how else it can work, but surely having attended university here proves to a degree...? sigh.. anyway.. lets just hope i get my 7 points, couldn't care much else!! hahaha
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

i am not sure how else it can work, but surely having attended university here proves to a degree...? sigh.. anyway.. lets just hope i get my 7 points, couldn't care much else!! hahaha
Good Luck!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point

well lets hope so glen!!
did you find the books you bought helped you or do you think you would have gont on okay with out them ChocCake, also do you read the questions first before you hear the listening bit ? or do you listen first then lok at the questions and answer from memory ?

I have not sat a test for ten years
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

did you find the books you bought helped you or do you think you would have gont on okay with out them ChocCake, also do you read the questions first before you hear the listening bit ? or do you listen first then lok at the questions and answer from memory ?

LOL, me neither!! My last written test was OVER ten years ago!

Yes, books definitely helped. I did a lot of listening practice tests, which helped a lot, as you get an idea of what its like, the format, the speed of the speaker, how the listening gets harder as it progresses.

DEFINITELY READ the questions before you listen, many times. Try and guess the answers too if you can, BEFORE you listen to the tape (LOL, if you have time). ALWAYS write the answer down as soon as you have heard it, even if you think it might not be the right answer. But at least its there, else if you miss it, you will forget and its better to have answered, than leave it blank!

My memory is BAD/TERRIBLE/CRAP! haha.... and under exam pressure, sometimes I dont even know what I'm listening to, as I'm too busy listening out for the answer!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:18 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I sat my IELTS on Saturday too and I would definitely reccommend lots of practise. You will know yourself which bits you might struggle with but if you understand the format the test will take and what they are looking for in terms of how you answer questions, its half the battle.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Good luck glenmatchett
Thanks Charlie-k

I do agree with you but I guess at the end of the day people will take advantage of the system is they change it, what I would prefer though is the time, if you could show them that you where dyslexic ie asseset as suffering from dyslexia then you should be allocated extra time for each section

but any how i will practice and see what happens as it is my wife is a teacher and would be happy to do the test but my skill set gives us a better oppotunity of getting in
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I sat my IELTS on Saturday too and I would definitely reccommend lots of practise. You will know yourself which bits you might struggle with but if you understand the format the test will take and what they are looking for in terms of how you answer questions, its half the battle.
Ponyrama did you buy the booklet for the test or did you just do the online tests that some others have posted?

and if you know of any other sites that you used I would be very thankfull if you could pass them on
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

LOL, me neither!! My last written test was OVER ten years ago!

Yes, books definitely helped. I did a lot of listening practice tests, which helped a lot, as you get an idea of what its like, the format, the speed of the speaker, how the listening gets harder as it progresses.

DEFINITELY READ the questions before you listen, many times. Try and guess the answers too if you can, BEFORE you listen to the tape (LOL, if you have time). ALWAYS write the answer down as soon as you have heard it, even if you think it might not be the right answer. But at least its there, else if you miss it, you will forget and its better to have answered, than leave it blank!

My memory is BAD/TERRIBLE/CRAP! haha.... and under exam pressure, sometimes I dont even know what I'm listening to, as I'm too busy listening out for the answer!

Well what can I say I think I will flunk this test Dyslexic and my wife always tells me i never listen to her so there goes the listening side of things LOL and I am that shy I will probably get tounge tied with the interview bit LOL
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:24 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Ponyrama did you buy the booklet for the test or did you just do the online tests that some others have posted?

and if you know of any other sites that you used I would be very thankfull if you could pass them on
I looked at some websites but didnt use them really - just bought the book and used that - it comes with a listening CD as well. I get my results a week on Saturday - if i pass you can have my book. When do you take yours? Will it get to you in time?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well what can I say I think I will flunk this test Dyslexic and my wife always tells me i never listen to her so there goes the listening side of things LOL and I am that shy I will probably get tounge tied with the interview bit LOL
Men never listen to their wives do they?!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I looked at some websites but didnt use them really - just bought the book and used that - it comes with a listening CD as well. I get my results a week on Saturday - if i pass you can have my book. When do you take yours? Will it get to you in time?
That will be great ponyrama

I am sitting my test in london on the 19 April so not too long
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Men never listen to their wives do they?!
LMAO selective hearing I believe it is called

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.