IELTS :: English test ::

Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS :: English test ::

Hello everyone, has any one satt his english test, i need to sit it to get five extra points. I would be interesed to know if any one had had to go down this route to gain a few extra points.

what is the test like any example questions or resources that you might have used. and good ref links that you looked at to help you prepare for the tests.

Also any info on the exam it's self ie time it took to compleat etc.

many thanks in advance
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS :: English test ::

Hi There you might want to have a look at this post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507211 there have been many conversations about IELTS in recent weeks. I took mine in january, it wasn't hard but then it wasn't easy if that makes sense. You need to practice and take it seriously. But have a search for IELTS there has been a wealth of information just recently.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link edie209

I am dyslexic so I hate reading that is the one that is going to give me the biggest problems.

how did you do some revision? did you just do some examples online, I have seen a few but am not sure if they follow the format of today as they where dated 2005
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi yes I did some online but I also bought the test book from IELTS which I found very helpful.

I can't remember the site I used offhand I think I saved it on my home pc I will look when I get home.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

That would be great if you could look when you get home.

but I know how it is somtimes you cant find the excact link so i will understand if you dont have it any more.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glennmatchett
That would be great if you could look when you get home.

but I know how it is somtimes you cant find the excact link so i will understand if you dont have it any more.
try these:

http://www.ielts-blog.com/
http://www.ielts-exam.net/
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

and these...

http://www.oup.com/elt/global/produc...practice_test/
http://www.ielts.org/
http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/IELTS/default.htm
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Here is the one I used and with the ones ChocCake has listed you should have more than enough good luck

http://www.ielts.studyau.com/
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to you both for your help with this

many thanks
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

so tell me ChocCake how was the test you sat it on saturday dident you how did you feel it went was it hard ??

do tell as mine is in april
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, has any one satt his english test, i need to sit it to get five extra points. I would be interesed to know if any one had had to go down this route to gain a few extra points.

what is the test like any example questions or resources that you might have used. and good ref links that you looked at to help you prepare for the tests.

Also any info on the exam it's self ie time it took to compleat etc.

many thanks in advance
I'd knock it on the head now if I was you, Save your money and buy a new fridge or something
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
I'd knock it on the head now if I was you, Save your money and buy a new fridge or something
a little bit harsh don't you think babyboo2101?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

so tell me ChocCake how was the test you sat it on saturday dident you how did you feel it went was it hard ??

do tell as mine is in april
well, i think it went well generally, reading was quite tricky as expected, but to make it worse, all sections had TRUE/FALSE/NG questions!! what a bummer!!

speaking was by far the easiest

listening, i missed 1 question, so had to guess the answer. i seem to always miss the first question... so may be a tip to just listen carefully at the beginning. i think my problem is i dont know when they're going to say the answer, so i wait, just in case the answer comes later, but then its too late!! DOH!!

writing -- no tips.. as i think i did quite bad. Task 1 was ok, just a letter to accomodation agent in another city that you'll be moving to. Task 2 was tricky, i think i went off topic quite a few times and gradually tried to get back into it!! so dont know what i was going on about really... just had to keep writing!! time is really tight on writing!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChocCake
well, i think it went well generally, reading was quite tricky as expected, but to make it worse, all sections had TRUE/FALSE/NG questions!! what a bummer!!

speaking was by far the easiest

listening, i missed 1 question, so had to guess the answer. i seem to always miss the first question... so may be a tip to just listen carefully at the beginning. i think my problem is i dont know when they're going to say the answer, so i wait, just in case the answer comes later, but then its too late!! DOH!!

writing -- no tips.. as i think i did quite bad. Task 1 was ok, just a letter to accomodation agent in another city that you'll be moving to. Task 2 was tricky, i think i went off topic quite a few times and gradually tried to get back into it!! so dont know what i was going on about really... just had to keep writing!! time is really tight on writing!!

I am sure you did fine, as for me being dyslexic I am pretty worried but I need the five points,
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I am sure you did fine, as for me being dyslexic I am pretty worried but I need the five points,
well lets hope so glen!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.