Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

General SKilled Migration Questions for July 1st processing,priorities etc

General SKilled Migration Questions for July 1st processing,priorities etc

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

AUPOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW PRIORITY IN PROCESSING GSM APPLICATIONS

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
I think there is no change in priority processing. DIAC seems to continue with the current priority system.
yes you are correct.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority processing for General Skilled Migration

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hi Shapps, Welcome to BE. All the recent announcements are on stickies at the top of the thread. There has not been any recent announcements about priority processing. And yes it has been asked a squillion times lately.
Hence yet another merging of threads.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

shapps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Priority processing for General Skilled Migration

I think its a very bad decision by DIAC to use priority processing for onshore applications. People with onshore applications are those who are 'in' Australia and they have to live with the fact that they don't have either permanent residency or citizenship, which narrows down their professional job prospects hugely.

They should atleast have (or show) the courtesy to allow these (non-csl) applicants to nominate another occupation free of charge, without having to lodge a new GSM application. I know, in my case, I could get a skilled occupation which is in CSL but for DIAC to recognize that, I would have to lodge a new application.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

vober is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Priority Processing Rules!!

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about the new processing priority rules..i have checked the DIAC site but couldn't find anything...would not like to believe that the old rules are still applicable as there is no CSL or MODL existing anymore..

It would be very appreciative if anyone can share any information about the above or again DIAC has made this a blackbox :-)

Cheers,

Vaibhav
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Priority Processing Rules!!

Originally Posted by vober
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about the new processing priority rules..i have checked the DIAC site but couldn't find anything...would not like to believe that the old rules are still applicable as there is no CSL or MODL existing anymore..

It would be very appreciative if anyone can share any information about the above or again DIAC has made this a blackbox :-)

Cheers,

Vaibhav
.......I think you mean a black hole, not a black box

Threads merged
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

vober is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General SKilled Migration Questions for July 1st processing,priorities etc

Yes pollyana,

My mistake..i mean a black hole and not a black box.

If you have some information then please do share. Finding this information however is turning ut to be like searching for the missing black box of a crashed aircraft..;-)
aircraft
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: General SKilled Migration Questions for July 1st processing,priorities etc

Yes pollyana,

My mistake..i mean a black hole and not a black box.

If you have some information then please do share. Finding this information however is turning ut to be like searching for the missing black box of a crashed aircraft..;-)
aircraft
I don't. I'm just a moderator, not a psychic, and as you will see from the rest of the thread into which I moved your post, no-one else knows either, sorry.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:37 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Priority Processing Rules!!

Hi,

Cheers,

Vaibhav
Nothing is announced about priorites, so no one can answer.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

GC73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Priority processing question for 175

I've read the Changes to Priority Processing document on the DIAC website, however I'm still not certain what this means to 175 Visa applications. The priority list still refers to the CSL whereas surely this should now be the SOL. My question therefore:

Where does a 175 Visa Application fit within the priority processing list currently in operation?

From the document I can see it's obviously not high up on the list as the ENS and State Sponsored ones come above it. My view is that it would be number 4 in the processing order which states:

Applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored in priority groups 1, 2 or 3, but whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL.

Can anyone clarify this or state whether my understanding is incorrect?

Thanks.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:44 pm
Home and Happy

Merged
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't. I'm just a moderator, not a psychic, and as you will see from the rest of the thread into which I moved your post, no-one else knows either, sorry.
Basically nobody knows ---- perhaps not even DIAC itself.

Because DIAC earlier announced that CSL would be revoked 30th June, but their email still refers to CSL , I guess the reason for that is there are loads of unfinalised applications on CSL. So even though CSL is dead for new applicants, but it still has retrospective life - I might have just discovered a new form of life here....You can thank me later
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

vikibuvan2in1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post GSM Questions Answered

Hi All

Just came across this info when trying to google for some queries and thought will share with my forum friends who might be intrested .

GSM Some FAQ's Answered: Please follow link http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=652

Vikibuvan2in1
Keep Hopes High
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

DUDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Jan 2008 applicant, neither on MODL nor CSL. Fortunately I'm on SOL schedule 3. Does this mean I'll be processed under priority 3 as per the new priorities ?

cheers
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DUDreams
I'm a Jan 2008 applicant, neither on MODL nor CSL. Fortunately I'm on SOL schedule 3. Does this mean I'll be processed under priority 3 as per the new priorities ?

cheers
Most probably yes. Not a definitive answer as it's still with a question mark, but it appears to be so.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

DUDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acotiga
Most probably yes. Not a definitive answer as it's still with a question mark, but it appears to be so.
Thanks acotiga.