Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:39 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by Axe
DIAC are processing applications in the following order:
  1. State/Territory Nominated Applicants - You have to be nominated by the state (eg. Visa subclass 176)
  2. Employer Sponsored Applicants - You have a job/job offer and the employer is going to sponsor you (475 visa I think)
  3. Skilled Migrants on the CSL (eg. subclass 175)
  4. Skilled Migrants on the MODL (eg. subclass 175)
  5. Other visa applications
may be we need to scale down the question scope onto another simple question, ie "Does State & Territory Nominated = State & Territory Sponsored?
i think that is what we need to find out.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:42 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CHB
Does State & Territory Nominated = State & Territory Sponsored?
Yes, it's the same thing.

P.S. The 175 visa is not sponsored/nominated.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Feri is on a distinguished road

Dear all
I`m new to this forum and I have a question regarding my application which was on July 2007 class 136.MODL & CSL
My case was allocated to CO on October 2008 and CO requested additional documents regarding employment.
I sent them a few days later and since then no contact from DIAC.
I had an enquiry to them two weeks ago and they replied that my case is under external checks and there is no exact timefarme for it to finalize.
Can anybody explain me what are these checks are and how long will this last?
Is it a good sign in my application?

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feri
Dear all
I`m new to this forum and I have a question regarding my application which was on July 2007 class 136.MODL & CSL
My case was allocated to CO on October 2008 and CO requested additional documents regarding employment.
I sent them a few days later and since then no contact from DIAC.
I had an enquiry to them two weeks ago and they replied that my case is under external checks and there is no exact timefarme for it to finalize.
Can anybody explain me what are these checks are and how long will this last?
Is it a good sign in my application?

Thanks
It just means they're probably verifying your employment claims. Someone will go and visit the employers you have listed and ask questions about you.

As long as you didn't tell porkies about your employment you should be fine..
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by CHB
may be we need to scale down the question scope onto another simple question, ie "Does State & Territory Nominated = State & Territory Sponsored?
i think that is what we need to find out.
That debate has been quashed by today's anouncement on processing times as there WAS some confusion about this prior to the guidelines. Next thing is what it means around 175s. SOmeone will have an answer pretty quickly as DIAC have taken around a week to sort things out post Christmas and I am sure the agents are on email to DIAC sorting that one out right now.

Twinset
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Hi,
I am really not able to understand as to how the VISA under subclass 175 could be under State & Territory nominated applications?
I thought 175 becomes 176 when you have a successful state / Territory nomination. Will someone guide?
Regards
Sanjay
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

welshysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Hi
I'm new to this site, having just stumbled on it looking for something else. I live in Oz and my mum has now put her Contributory Parent Subclass 143 application in via an agent and it was acknowledged by the DIAC on 14 October 2008. There doesn't seem to be much mention on this thread about her type of visa and all the current processing times shown on this thread seem to be for other visas. Can anyone tell me how I can find out how long she'll have to wait or does anyone have any ideas of the waiting time.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Hi,

Hope this is of use:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t+Subclass+143

Twinset
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks Twinset, I'll certainly have plenty of bedtime reading
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Start at the end - after processing time announcements on Tuesday - that should give you a feel for what is what.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Will do, thanks a lot
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:22 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Current Processing Times (continued) - Need Help!!

we have applied online 175 GSM on end Dec 08( MODL &CSL). We have submitted most of the documents online and the status checklist shows ' Received ' Does this mean CO has been appointed for my case ?

Need Help!!!

Divsman,
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued) - Need Help!!

Originally Posted by divsman
we have applied online 175 GSM on end Dec 08( MODL &CSL). We have submitted most of the documents online and the status checklist shows ' Received ' Does this mean CO has been appointed for my case ?

Need Help!!!

Divsman,
You need to wait for a while buddy
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

dawarsandeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Hi guys,,,,

Is anyone got Case officer( CO) who applied in September 2008. I applied in September 2008..No updates...Don't know what to do..Wasting time from past 6 months.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawarsandeep
Hi guys,,,,

Is anyone got Case officer( CO) who applied in September 2008. I applied in September 2008..No updates...Don't know what to do..Wasting time from past 6 months.
What to do? Continue with your life, don't put it on hold, life ois too short to stress while waiting.

What visa are you applying for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.