Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old May 28th 2005, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Hey Nikki

Not only are we on the same timeline but both Liverpool supporters too. Shame I couldn't be either in Istanbul or up with you guys to celebrate - what a match

Debs
Hi Debs

Been away in Manchester so only just found your reply.
Yes oh... my.... God.....what a match indeed 3 nil down then 1..2...3 pulled back.....and those penalties......never been so on the edge of my seat. That night the fireworks went on for hours.....the city felt so alive!!

Liverpool the night they got back came to a stand still.....have not been too well lately.....so had to sit and watch the homecoming on the couch. Hubby bless him stayed with me.......so I would'nt feel left out.

The noise of rockets etc and singing was everywhere though.........The kids were out and about in the thick of it......my youngest was in the city centre.......where the party fever went on for hours. We scousers do know how to live!!!!

We are right next to each other on timeline.....strange though over the weeks we have swaped position a couple of times don't understand why though.

We Liverpool supporters must stick together..!

Nikki xx
Old May 30th 2005, 9:57 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Hello all 138ers

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone had any news? I've lost all my little icons!?!

Was lloking at the old posts just now and noticed it is only a week since I last posted on this one. MY GOD it seems like forever ago when you are waiting for news. We are still waiting to hear about TRA. I've been looking on austimelines and if they are anything to go by then we should be next to hear, hopefully within the next week. Although going by our agents reckoning we should have to wait another month.

Forget me worrying about my weight for medical, I think I will have lost about 5 stone by then just from fretting over the TRA. I can't sleep and my stomach is going like a rocket constantly. I even considered sending an email to TRA giving them our sob story as to why they should let it pass first time!

Hope my icons return soon. Smiley faces to you all.

Anne
Old May 30th 2005, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hello all 138ers

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone had any news? I've lost all my little icons!?!

Was lloking at the old posts just now and noticed it is only a week since I last posted on this one. MY GOD it seems like forever ago when you are waiting for news. We are still waiting to hear about TRA. I've been looking on austimelines and if they are anything to go by then we should be next to hear, hopefully within the next week. Although going by our agents reckoning we should have to wait another month.

Forget me worrying about my weight for medical, I think I will have lost about 5 stone by then just from fretting over the TRA. I can't sleep and my stomach is going like a rocket constantly. I even considered sending an email to TRA giving them our sob story as to why they should let it pass first time!

Anne
Hi Anne

Well limbo doesnt stop just because it's a Bank Holiday.....and a lovely sunny one at that. We even dug out the deck chairs from the garage.....although where am I sat....... infront of the PC!

Austimeline does seem slow at the moment....but still completely addictive.....have to check every day. The main discussions are as to whether qota's for the new DIMIA year are at an end or waiting to start on the new years one. Plus the news of Region 3 (ours) being part used to clear pre Julyers back log. Either way it's all a waiting game. Talking of which I have put on atleast 2 stone since I packed in smoking so has hubby.....don't worry will not affect your meds!!!

I do hope you get your icons back soon......have a brill week.

Nikki xx
Old May 30th 2005, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

paulbarter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya All

First time I've been back on the website since we lodged the main application back in June 2004. We had a bit of grief about 4 months ago with my uncle (who was the sponsor/assurer of support). As he his retired and not drawing a big pension he was refused but his son stepped in & everything was OK. Our visas were granted 2 weeks ago & the next stage of the project begins!

WORD OF WARNING - DO NOT GET THE MEDICALS DONE EARLY - WE HAD OURS END NOV 2004 & WE MUST NOW GO TO OZ BY END NOV 2005 TO GET PASSPORTS STAMPED. YOU CAN NOT HAVE ANOTHER MEDICAL OR GET AN EXTENSION OF ANY SORT.
Old May 30th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hello all 138ers

Anne
Hi Anne
No news for us yet, we are at 16 weeks and 3 days since ack and no sign of any requests .
Donna.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:40 pm

Plus the news of Region 3 (ours) being part used to clear pre Julyers back log.
Nikki xx[/QUOTE]

2 questions

Where is region 3? We are going to Perth

Why don't we get bumped back up to the top of page one when someone posts on here?
Old May 31st 2005, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Nikki xx
2 questions

Why don't we get bumped back up to the top of page one when someone posts on here?[/QUOTE]

Region 3 is Europe. As to your last question - dunno!
Old May 31st 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Nikki xx
2 questions

Why don't we get bumped back up to the top of page one when someone posts on here?[/QUOTE]
The regions have to do with which country you are applying from, not where you are going to in Australia. The 4 Regions are:

Region 1 = Beijing (China & North Asia), Beirut (Middle East except Israel), Brisbane (South Pacific)
Region 2 = New Delhi (Sub continent), Washington (Americas)
Region 3 = London (UK & Ireland), Berlin (Europe), Bangkok (South East Asia except Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia & East Timor)
Region 4 = Pretoria (Africa), Jakarta (Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia & East Timor)

Cheers,
Brian (Region 2 applicant - USA)
Old May 31st 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki xx
2 questions

Hi Anne

It means the region you are applying from not going to, we are UK so come under Europe which is part, but not all of region 3.

In answer to second question I am posting to see as we speak if we get bumped back up to top of page. Gives me a feeble excuse to put off the laudarrett (spelt wrong) or bagwash as we call them in Liverpool.

What a fabulous day for weather we are having today. Thought I would end on a positive......excellent drying weather. Doing it now as knowing here it could be raining tomoz......ooops....what did I say about being positive!! lol

Nikki xxx
Old May 31st 2005, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

janenorgate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
2 questions

Why don't we get bumped back up to the top of page one when someone posts on here?

Hi Anne

It means the region you are applying from not going to, we are UK so come under Europe which is part, but not all of region 3.

In answer to second question I am posting to see as we speak if we get bumped back up to top of page. Gives me a feeble excuse to put off the laudarrett (spelt wrong) or bagwash as we call them in Liverpool.

What a fabulous day for weather we are having today. Thought I would end on a positive......excellent drying weather. Doing it now as knowing here it could be raining tomoz......ooops....what did I say about being positive!! lol

Nikki xxx[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Just to let you know that we got a email from our CO last Wednesday to say that our visa's have been granted, but due to backlog of paperwork the grant letter will follow in a few weeks, which i thought was really nice of the CO to let us know. She could have kept us waiting till we received the letter.
Application arrived Adelaide 4th Dec 04
Meds done 4th March 05
Extra blood tests requested mid Apri 04
CO email with visa grant 25th May 04

Jane
Old May 31st 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janenorgate
Hi Anne

Hi all,

Just to let you know that we got a email from our CO last Wednesday to say that our visa's have been granted, but due to backlog of paperwork the grant letter will follow in a few weeks, which i thought was really nice of the CO to let us know. She could have kept us waiting till we received the letter.
Application arrived Adelaide 4th Dec 04
Meds done 4th March 05
Extra blood tests requested mid Apri 04
CO email with visa grant 25th May 04

Jane

Hi Jane brilliant news and so nice to find out without having to go through more weeks of stressing. As long as you know you have got it who cares if it takes a few more weeks.

Good on you!!!!!

Congrats Nikki xxxx
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Page 9.......where have we all vanished to........bumped up we might not get lost altogether!!!

Well went for meds in Manchester today.....son had already had his 17th May......couldnt make today because of GCSE exams.

It was absolutely fine Dr Million is great.......very dry humour....the girls loved him. Holly is phobic of needles....but she saw it through with his patience and jokes.

Now the wait starts again!!!! Today's mark - 2months 24days so hopefully not too long to requests.

Nikki xxxx
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hi Nikki
Glad your meds went OK, we have been waiting 4 months and 3 days since visa ack and still no requests at all , i don't think we will get our requests now until the beginning of July . I feel totally fed up now but I'm positive it will all be worth it in the end .
Donna.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:52 pm

Hi All

I have just booked up to have our medicals done next week. Our application was going in today from our agent in Oz.

I feel like a bit of an imposter on here now because our agent says now that hubby's trade is on the MODL we have enough points to go through on a 136 skilled independent. What do others think? Is this a good idea, will it go through quicker, will it be cheaper because of not having to lodge the assurer bond? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Hope you are all well, being patient and getting ready to receive good news.!!

Good luck to you all.

Anne
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

I have just booked up to have our medicals done next week. Our application was going in today from our agent in Oz.

I feel like a bit of an imposter on here now because our agent says now that hubby's trade is on the MODL we have enough points to go through on a 136 skilled independent. What do others think? Is this a good idea, will it go through quicker, will it be cheaper because of not having to lodge the assurer bond? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Hope you are all well, being patient and getting ready to receive good news.!!

Good luck to you all.

Anne
Anne,

About the only possible down side for switching to the 136 MODL application is the potential for DIMIA to take your husband's occupation off the MODL leaving you without enough points to make the 136 pass mark; however, if it was just recently added chances of this happening are small. There certainly is a big upside to the 136 application - specifically the ability to avoid the whole AoS mess through CentreLink. That alone could take 2 (or more) months off the application time alone! Frankly, if you have the points to go 136 MODL then go for it!

Cheers,
Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.