Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old Jun 25th 2005, 7:43 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
A very big bump......

Well up at 5.30am.........still no email from Dimia........never realised this 3 month mark is such a killer. Watching yourself next on line on austimeline (granted only if looking at my region).....then it jump above....even though I know they don't work Sundays I know I will be logging on at some unearthly time.

Sorry to moan.....don't know what I'd do without you lot!!!!!

Nikki xxx
Hang in there Nikki

I can remember waiting for the TRA and waking up about 4am each morning and thinking "they'll be at work now, I wonder if they've sent me an email" (my agent is in Oz) and desperately trying not to get up to switch the p c on.

You have been extremely patient, I haven't seen you wingeing. You are an example to us all.

Keep your chin up, TRY (ha ha) and focus on something else!! I'm sure good news will soon be flying through the airways to you.

Anne x
Old Jun 25th 2005, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hang in there Nikki

I can remember waiting for the TRA and waking up about 4am each morning and thinking "they'll be at work now, I wonder if they've sent me an email" (my agent is in Oz) and desperately trying not to get up to switch the p c on.

You have been extremely patient, I haven't seen you wingeing. You are an example to us all.

Keep your chin up, TRY (ha ha) and focus on something else!! I'm sure good news will soon be flying through the airways to you.

Anne x

Massive thanks Anne really needed that...........just required reminding.....that's whats so nice about this site. Always someone watching and waiting to pop in and give a group hug.....metaphorically ofcourse!!

It's my sons rugby awards presentations.....this afternoon....so that is what I am looking forward to.

Talking about flying through the air ways.....catch....just about to send karma.....have a fab weekend.

Nikki xx
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

BUMP

What is going on with this class of visa......we seem to be getting left behind......maybe it just feels like it.....but looking at us on timeline it appears to be true.

A massive fingers crossed to us all that 1st July will see us all back on track.

Nikki xx
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
BUMP

What is going on with this class of visa......we seem to be getting left behind......maybe it just feels like it.....but looking at us on timeline it appears to be true.

A massive fingers crossed to us all that 1st July will see us all back on track.

Nikki xx

I got my AOS request today plus a request for some further info. Slightly confused as they've sent me police requests but I frontloaded them. Is this done as a matter of course does anybody know?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by debilloyd
I got my AOS request today plus a request for some further info. Slightly confused as they've sent me police requests but I frontloaded them. Is this done as a matter of course does anybody know?
Congrats on getting the AoS request - glad to see that they are still doing SOMETHING at DIMIA before July 1st! Don't know about the PCC request. I think if you front-loaded your PCC you should just email your CO and ask if they have it or not - perhaps it got lost (hopefully NOT!).

As for myself, I'm hopefully that the flood gates open on July 1st and I can send out the much anticipated "Got It" shortly thereafter! Only 2 more days! :-)

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Suachris is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

We are also playing the waiting game. I just pray that our application is close to the top of the queue when they get going on the 1st of July, if there is a queue.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:22 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi All
Finally got requests this morning after waiting 20 weeks since ack so hang on in there as they do finally come in the end
Donna.
Whey-heyyy! Donna, sorry for the belated congratulations - been offline since 17th June in a vain effort to get a life rather than sitting around waiting to hear from DIMIA!! Really, really pleased that you have finally heard something. Huge congrats!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi All
Finally got requests this morning after waiting 20 weeks since ack so hang on in there as they do finally come in the end
Donna.

Donna

Even though you frontloaded your police checks, did they request them when they requested the other stuff? Reason I ask is that we got our AOS request this morning but they also asked for PCCs and we frontloaded them with visa app as you did?

Debs
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Suachris is on a distinguished road

We were asked to contact our assurer to arrange the AoS when they requested the meds. I sent the CO a copy of the letter Centrelink gave my assurer to say that the AoS was approved and the CO responded that she has now noted it on the system. We sent PCCs unrequested and these were not asked for again but a copy of our marriage certificate, which was included with the application was requested. So some docs make it to the file, others don't. I have been advised by friends not to argue and just to resubmit docs if it is not too much of a problem.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:46 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=debilloyd]I got my AOS request today plus a request for some further info. QUOTE]

Debs,

Can't help with your question but just wanted to say congrats on finally getting the AoS request - another step closer!!!!
Nicky
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Whey-heyyy! Donna, sorry for the belated congratulations - been offline since 17th June in a vain effort to get a life rather than sitting around waiting to hear from DIMIA!! Really, really pleased that you have finally heard something. Huge congrats!
Thanks Nicky, i am so glad that they came through as i didn't know how much more i could take, i feel like i have a new lease of life now we are onto the next stage . Hope your not waiting too much longer.
Donna.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Donna

Even though you frontloaded your police checks, did they request them when they requested the other stuff? Reason I ask is that we got our AOS request this morning but they also asked for PCCs and we frontloaded them with visa app as you did?

Debs
Hi Debs
Our police checks weren't requested when they requested AOS, i would say e-mail your case officer and ask why they are requesting them as you have already sent them with your application, we e-mailed our case officer two days after our requests as i didn't know whether we needed to fill in form 1022 as there as been no changes and we received an e-mail back this morning saying no we didn't need to fill it in as there had been no changes and he was really pleasant with his reply.
Donna.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Donna

Debs
PS : congratulations on your requests, it feels great knowing that they haven't forgot about you doesn't it
Donna.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:48 pm
In my own little world!

Thanks Nicky, i am so glad that they came through as i didn't know how much more i could take, i feel like i have a new lease of life now we are onto the next stage . Hope your not waiting too much longer.
Donna.
I bey you've been walking on air. Thing with this is, the waiting kills you but once things start to move, it all happens pretty quickly!!

I've actually not been thinking too much about timescales at present, but Dave and I have booked our meds for the end of August, which I think we're stick with. This means I have two months to lose three stone and get fit.....Bummer!

Nicky
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Debs
Our police checks weren't requested when they requested AOS, i would say e-mail your case officer and ask why they are requesting them as you have already sent them with your application, we e-mailed our case officer two days after our requests as i didn't know whether we needed to fill in form 1022 as there as been no changes and we received an e-mail back this morning saying no we didn't need to fill it in as there had been no changes and he was really pleasant with his reply.
Donna.

Thanks for the quick response Donna, I've emailed him and we'll see what he says (we probably have the same one if its region 3). I've also requested 2 new PC forms incase they've got lost somewhere along the line.

x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.