Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Hi all,

We applied our 138 visa back in December 2004. Meds/PCC submitted in April, bond lodged and centrelink approval in May. Up till today, we did not hear anything yet. I'm pretty worried at the moment. What should I do?

Any feedbacks or comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
LS
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:26 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Hi all got our requests today....fab feeling.....but can't find anywhere where it says when it has to be back by....!!!

Nikki xxx
Nikki,

Huge Belated congratulations - really sorry to have missed your posting and not to have shared in your news on the day. I obviously need to log on abit more regularly as things are starting to move now for the 138ers!!

Nicky
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=NikkiGriff]

Our AOSers (don't know correct term) are going in to Centrelink tomoz for their meeting / interview......

Hi Nikki
Have you heard how your AOS's interview went yet, my uncle had his on the 1st of July and he said everything went fine, we are just waiting for the go ahead to lodge bond, i have no idea how long that will take.

Donna.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:47 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=STUBBS]

Our AOSers (don't know correct term) are going in to Centrelink tomoz for their meeting / interview......

Hi Nikki
Have you heard how your AOS's interview went yet, my uncle had his on the 1st of July and he said everything went fine, we are just waiting for the go ahead to lodge bond, i have no idea how long that will take.

Donna.
Getting exciting for you now
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

[QUOTE=STUBBS]

Hi Nikki

Donna.

Hi Donna
Well they said everything went fine.....but.....now just waiting for the letter to say go pay bond. Some people on here have taken weeks etc some have been asked to lodge the same day. Suppose it depends on lots of niggly things.....office....officer.....checks.....but all it seems to boil down to again is......yes you guessed it the waiting game.

We are behind you only by 6 days....interview wise........and it was the Perth office......so it will be interesting to see what happens to us. 138ers though seem to start moving then suddenly stop.

Or does it just feel like that?

Will let you know if any news.

Nikki xxxxx
Old Jul 18th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

[QUOTE=NikkiGriff]
Originally Posted by STUBBS

Hi Donna
Well they said everything went fine.....but.....now just waiting for the letter to say go pay bond. Some people on here have taken weeks etc some have been asked to lodge the same day. Suppose it depends on lots of niggly things.....office....officer.....checks.....but all it seems to boil down to again is......yes you guessed it the waiting game.

We are behind you only by 6 days....interview wise........and it was the Perth office......so it will be interesting to see what happens to us. 138ers though seem to start moving then suddenly stop.

Or does it just feel like that?

Will let you know if any news.

Nikki xxxxx
OMG page 8 how did we end up there.....anyway things moving at a pace for now!! The bond is being lodged in Oz today......so only "still" waiting for HOlly's police check.....so I can send all the extra info and 1022 form off.

Then sit and wait again......OMG....even starting to price up flights.....can it really be starting to feel real.

Oodles of special vibes out to the rest of us waiting.........keep going.

Nikki xxxx
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=NikkiGriff]

OMG page 8 how did we end up there.....anyway things moving at a pace for now!! The bond is being lodged in Oz today......so only "still" waiting for HOlly's police check.....so I can send all the extra info and 1022 form off.

Then sit and wait again......OMG....even starting to price up flights.....can it really be starting to feel real.

Nikki xxxx
Great news Nikki about your bond, you are in front of me now, hope my assurer can lodge ours soon as we haven't heard anything yet, it's getting really exciting now isn't it
Love Donna.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=NikkiGriff]

Nikki xxxx
You're way in front of me now Nikki, my assurer couldn't get an appointment in Sydney until the 26th July when he is in the States so now he is going on 2nd August - you have to wait weeks for an appointment. We too are waiting on new police checks and then again we will wait.

Hope Holly's PC comes soon and your bond request also comes soon Donna.

Debs
x
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

[QUOTE=debilloyd]

You're way in front of me now Nikki, my assurer couldn't get an appointment in Sydney until the 26th July when he is in the States so now he is going on 2nd August - you have to wait weeks for an appointment. We too are waiting on new police checks and then again we will wait.

Hope Holly's PC comes soon and your bond request also comes soon Donna.

Debs
x
Thanks Donna and Debs

Yes it is starting to get exciting and a little surreal at times. This will we wont we is a real killer. But ladies we have stuck it out and........yes we can nearly dare to whisper....."We are going to make it".

I break up Friday.......so do my kids.....who knows.....maybe they will be in Oz the next time they go to school.

Hang in there and oodles of hugs to us all......in 138er Club......we are definately Gold Card Holders!!!

Nikki xxx
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:56 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for you guys

Just going through my checklist of stuff to send with the application, and on the (new) checklist with booklet 6 it says I need to send "Evidence of your sponsor's residence if applying for a Skilled-Australian Sponsored (Class BQ, subclass 138)."

As it also askes for "Evidence that your sponsor is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen" I am assuming that it means something with her name and address on to confirm where she is living.

Could someone confirm this for me.

Form 40 and the other bits are on their way, we pick up the signed certificates on Sunday and after we have our photos taken it should be ready to go next week. Gulp.

Thanks everyone

shirley
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:17 am
to the ends of the earth

ozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by ub40fan

Just going through my checklist of stuff to send with the application, and on the (new) checklist with booklet 6 it says I need to send "Evidence of your sponsor's residence if applying for a Skilled-Australian Sponsored (Class BQ, subclass 138)."

As it also askes for "Evidence that your sponsor is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen" I am assuming that it means something with her name and address on to confirm where she is living.

Form 40 and the other bits are on their way, we pick up the signed certificates on Sunday and after we have our photos taken it should be ready to go next week. Gulp.

Thanks everyone

shirley

Hi, we are at exactly the same point! Our sponsor is sending certified copy of biodata page of passport (to proove a citizen) and certified copy of birth certificate (to prove relationship). I don't think you have to prove where they are living. Once we get those we are sending the 138 in! Then the real fun begins! Good luck!
HH
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone

shirley
Not sure about your first question Shirley. My aunt put her address down on the form and I included both her birth certificate and citizenship certificate to prove she is who she says she is. I also typed up a family tree showing my dad's mum and dad, the siblings and of course where I fit in. What I didn't include was my dad's birth certificate which DIMIA have now asked for to prove the relationship.

Hope this helps
Debs
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
How long after assurers interview until bond is requested, it's now been 20 days since my uncle had his interview and he hasn't heard a thing, everything went fine at the interview, should he be chasing it up yet or should we wait a little longer
Donna.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone

shirley
I think the key with the residence part is that in order to sponsor someone a person must not only be a relative and an Australian citizen but must also be "usually resident" in Australia. Thus there is a requirement to show residence in the country. The is even more strict for 139 subclass visas as the sponsor must show residence in a "designated area", but the basic requirement is essentially the same. In my case my brother sent copies or originals of bank statements with his address as well as several utility bills, and a copy of his driver's license. I think if you sponsor uses the list of documents in form 40 for designated area sponsored visa classes as a basis for the type of documents which prove residence they should be fine.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi All
How long after assurers interview until bond is requested, it's now been 20 days since my uncle had his interview and he hasn't heard a thing, everything went fine at the interview, should he be chasing it up yet or should we wait a little longer
Donna.
Hi Donna,

I think that this varies greatly. My brother got his bond request immediately after the interview, but I've heard others have taken weeks and weeks. At this point I would get your assurer to call CentreLink and ask as it may have gone missing in the mail or something. No harm in checking!

Cheers,
Brian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.