Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Thanks for the quick response Donna, I've emailed him and we'll see what he says (we probably have the same one if its region 3). I've also requested 2 new PC forms incase they've got lost somewhere along the line.

x
Debs
How many days did he give you to have all the info back by ? we have got 49 days to do everything by ( hope my uncle gets a move on )
Donna.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by debilloyd
I got my AOS request today plus a request for some further info. Slightly confused as they've sent me police requests but I frontloaded them. Is this done as a matter of course does anybody know?
Hi Debs

Fantastic news congrates and a big phew the waiting for this bit is over....proves 138ers are on the move....!!!!

Nikki xxx
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Debs
How many days did he give you to have all the info back by ? we have got 49 days to do everything by ( hope my uncle gets a move on )
Donna.

Our stuff has to be back by 1 Sep 2005. Found out that our current police checks expire on 9 July 2005 (didn't realise we started this whole thing so long ago) so have to get new up to date ones which at least gives us longer to get out there. Kids will be pleased, they really wanted one more Xmas in the UK
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Debs
Donna.
Remember that this is only a guideline date, nothing tragic will happen if you miss it. If your AoS is going to take longer that the time they gave you (and many will!) you can simply inform your CO that you will need additional time and it should not be an issue. That's what I did with mine as my brother's CentreLink appointment was booked 2 months out, so I would not have made it in time for the original date they gave me.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by brian0
Remember that this is only a guideline date, nothing tragic will happen if you miss it. If your AoS is going to take longer that the time they gave you (and many will!) you can simply inform your CO that you will need additional time and it should not be an issue. That's what I did with mine as my brother's CentreLink appointment was booked 2 months out, so I would not have made it in time for the original date they gave me.

Cheers,
Brian
Hi all got our requests today....fab feeling.....but can't find anywhere where it says when it has to be back by....!!!

Nikki xxx
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Hi all got our requests today....fab feeling.....but can't find anywhere where it says when it has to be back by....!!!

Nikki xxx
On the main letter from our case officer it stated something like "you have 70 days from the date this letter is received by you" and then listed a date that they assume we got it based on how it long they think it will take in the post. Don't know if things are different with stuff coming via email now...

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Nikki xxx
Hi Nikki
Thats great news , our requests were received by e-mail and the date we had to have everything back by was in the Time frame for response part under were it says Changes in circumstances. Hope this helps
Donna.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
We're getting really excited now. Uncle is at CentreLink tomorrow ( quick, i know ) and they have asked him to bring with him ;

The request letter
Center links application form ( CentreLink provide this when appointment is made )
Citizenship papers
Oz passport
Oz drivers licence
Wage details
And the $5000 bond.

Looks like they want him to pay the bond straight away to me ???????????
I'll keep you all up to date
Take care
Donna.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Suachris is on a distinguished road

And the $5000 bond.

Take care
Donna.
Hi Donna, the bond is (or maybe was, as they keep on changing) a bit more complicated than that. CentreLink will give your uncle a certificate which your uncle will have to take to the Commonwealth Bank to open a refundable bond account for a term determined by CentreLink after the interview. In our case my sister had to take it out for 30 months. He will also have to pay a $150 Lodgment Fee to the bank for opening the account. This is to cover the bank's admin costs etc. He will however get the princely interest rate ; ) of something like 2 % per year on the money.

Last edited by Suachris; Jun 30th 2005 at 7:50 am.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Nikki xxx

Fantastic news Nikki. As Brian says, the date everything has to be back by is on the main letter, mine is 1st September. Wish I had been as proactive as you and got new Police Checks as ours expire on the 9th July and I have to get new ones and send them off. Oh well, as least things are happening now - it makes it seem more real.

xx
Old Jun 30th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All
We're getting really excited now. Uncle is at CentreLink tomorrow ( quick, i know ) and they have asked him to bring with him ;

The request letter
Center links application form ( CentreLink provide this when appointment is made )
Citizenship papers
Oz passport
Oz drivers licence
Wage details
And the $5000 bond.

Take care
Donna.
Hi Donna,

Wow, that is fast! CentreLink must be getting more on the ball about this stuff now! As SUACHRIS mentions though the bond is deposited through a bank, not with CentreLink directly, so your Uncle will need to go to the bank once he visits CentreLink. He needs to take the CentreLink bond request letter to the bank to be able to open the account. Once he deposits the $5000 he will get a receipt from the bank which will need to be taken back to CentreLink, after which CentreLink will formally approve the AoS and send that info back to DIMIA. Once your CO gets that approval (which apparently can take a couple weeks!) they will then be able to finalize your visa!

Not too much longer for you now - if things pickup after tomorrow on the grant front you might be looking to have the visa in hand sometime in August if not sooner!

Cheers,
Brian
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:01 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi All

The request letter
Citizenship papers
Oz passport
Oz drivers licence
Wage details
And the $5000 bond.

Take care
Donna.

Aahh Donna. This post really made me smile. Soooo pleased for you, nearly there!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Hi to all you 138ers!

It has took me for ages to read through this thread but I have eventually made it to the end!

We have also applied under this visa and I also recognise some of you from the Austimeline site.

As some of you have said, it does feel as if everything has stopped and we're being left behind but hopefully within the next few weeks things will start to pick up for us! Wishful thinking on my part!!

We applied on the 1st April 2005, frontloaded with PC & Meds and havent heard a dickie bird since...

Anyway, there is 7 of us in total heading out to Perth as soon as the visas arrive...house is on the market...quote from shipping company is ready and waiting the go ahead...so all I need now is DIMIA to pull their fingers out basically.

So glad I found this thread!!..........Good Luck to you all!!! xxx
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hi to all you 138ers!

It has took me for ages to read through this thread but I have eventually made it to the end!

We have also applied under this visa and I also recognise some of you from the Austimeline site.

As some of you have said, it does feel as if everything has stopped and we're being left behind but hopefully within the next few weeks things will start to pick up for us! Wishful thinking on my part!!

We applied on the 1st April 2005, frontloaded with PC & Meds and havent heard a dickie bird since...

Anyway, there is 7 of us in total heading out to Perth as soon as the visas arrive...house is on the market...quote from shipping company is ready and waiting the go ahead...so all I need now is DIMIA to pull their fingers out basically.

So glad I found this thread!!..........Good Luck to you all!!! xxx

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. We are in exactly the same position as most people on here. We have heard nothing, only received an acknowledgement. Application
went in on 1st April (April fool springs to mind).

Where ever we go people are asking any news yet! Are whole life is on hold.
We have three sons, the eldest will be 11 in October so now we will now have to start looking/ applying for a secondary place. Wondering will we still
be here!!

Good luck everyone.
Sharon.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pioneer
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. We are in exactly the same position as most people on here. We have heard nothing, only received an acknowledgement. Application
went in on 1st April (April fool springs to mind).

Where ever we go people are asking any news yet! Are whole life is on hold.
We have three sons, the eldest will be 11 in October so now we will now have to start looking/ applying for a secondary place. Wondering will we still
be here!!

Good luck everyone.
Sharon.
Hi Sharon
I know what you mean with the school bit, i spoke to my youngest daughters headmaster today and told him that i didn't know whether they would be coming back after the summer holidays or not. You just can't plan anything at all. He was great though he said there would still be a place for them and if they are not coming back i can just phone up and tell them, he also said that if i give them an address they will send their records to oz for us too. Very nice man.
Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.