Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Old May 16th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Hi Anne
Just for your hubby asking i would book him in with an old fat matron whos bedside manners are " lets say " a little heavy handed. LOL
Donna
Old May 16th 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hi Nikki
Must admit my hubby was a little nervous about these rumours too and like your girls i was a little cruel LOL.
I agree with you, when you've had 3 kids the shame does go LOL
Donna.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

tom_mac is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Originally Posted by brian0
Hi,

First, you need to be clear on the differences between the "sponsor" and the "assurer".

The sponsor is the relative who fills in form 40 and must have PR or citizenship in Australia to be able to sponsor you. There are restrictions on which relatives are allowed to sponsor you, so make sure that you get it right otherwise your application will be rejected. Booklet 6 is pretty clear on this topic.

The assurer on the other hand does not need to be related to you at all. The restriction on the assurer is that he/she must meet an income level requirement to be acceptable to CentreLink. You can see the requirements for that in the CentreLink AoS Factsheet on their web page. If the assurer does not meet the income requirements CentreLink will not approve your AoS and you will need to find a second or joint assurer. Note that you don't need to know who the assurer will be when you fill in the main application, but if you don't have one lined up up front you could be in trouble when they ask for the AoS to be done.

By the sounds of things your uncle might not be suitable to be your assurer but could be your sponsor. Your cousin might be fine to be your assurer depending on his income level (or perhaps both your uncle and cousin could be joint assurers).

Good Luck!
Brian

Thanks,

If the restriction is for his citizenship, he has it long time before, that means, he could sponsor us. I can breathe better.
Now, I have to wait the answer from ACS.

Regards,
Tomi
Old May 17th 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow australian sponsored,

I have a few questions to ask. Hope that you all can share some of your experience.

After your assurer lodge the bond, he/she will be issued a Bank Guarantee and an Acknowledgement of Deposit letter/certificate. It it compulsory to submit the original copy to Centrelink? Will the assurer be given a customer copy to keep as reference?

So, after the bond lodgement, did you all contact and inform your case officer? I was thinking of requesting my assurer to scan a copy of the receipt and then send it to my case officer. Is this viable? Any suggestion or advise?

Finally, how long does it takes for visa grant after the bond lodgement?

Hope you guys out there can shed some ideas and feedback. Thanks!

Cheers,
LS
Old May 17th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi fellow australian sponsored,

I have a few questions to ask. Hope that you all can share some of your experience.

After your assurer lodge the bond, he/she will be issued a Bank Guarantee and an Acknowledgement of Deposit letter/certificate. It it compulsory to submit the original copy to Centrelink? Will the assurer be given a customer copy to keep as reference?

So, after the bond lodgement, did you all contact and inform your case officer? I was thinking of requesting my assurer to scan a copy of the receipt and then send it to my case officer. Is this viable? Any suggestion or advise?

Finally, how long does it takes for visa grant after the bond lodgement?

Hope you guys out there can shed some ideas and feedback. Thanks!

Cheers,
LS
Hi LS,

I'm not sure about the paperwork question, but I seem to remember reading something somewhere on the forums about how the assurer was supposed to bring the "proof" of bond lodgement back to CentreLink. I could be wrong about that as I didn't ask my brother about it when he lodged our bond.

As for how long after the bond is lodged, I'm at about a month now since the bond was lodged, and I'm still waiting. I'm hopeful that I will hear something in the next month or so. I did inform my CO that the bond had been lodged via email and he responded with a very "non-committal" type email stating that my case would be reviewed "in due course". Not very encouraging, but there you go!

Cheers,
Brian
Old May 17th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: Fellow Australian Sponsored..138ers...........hows it going?

Hi the gang of fello 138ers!!!

Well both son and husband back from an exciting day in Manchester at the docs. Really impressed they made it there and back on public transport all by themselves.........especially when Peter was only getting me to print a map out at nearly 12 last night.

Dr Million is I have been told fab......the whole process was over in about half hour........not bad if you earn double that in an hour. But who cares....anyway Peter only took him because an adult needed to be with him. How surprised was he when Doc said he may as well do him as well.....good thing he had clean bills on! Peter explained he only had amount for Glynn's....Doc said never it is not as if you are leaving the country...lol...and did them anyway. So when we go back June he only needs X-ray doing. Oh the only dark cloud on his face was being told he needs to loose weight......but this want affect app.

Guess what lots of mention of diets.......then steak pie and chips for tea.....ar bless.

So have a nice evening folks I hear a glass of wine calling after such excitment.

Nikki xx
Old May 17th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nikki
Glad everything went fine, only you lot to do then now, wont be long.
Donna.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi Nikki
Glad everything went fine, only you lot to do then now, wont be long.
Donna.
Hi Donna,

Did you done all process alone or with Migration agent. My choice is to do it alone. I'm waiting answer from ACS.
Old May 18th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi tom_mac
We have done it on our own and decided not to use an agent.
Hope you get a positive answer from ACS very soon.
Donna.
Old May 18th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi tom_mac
We have done it on our own and decided not to use an agent.
Hope you get a positive answer from ACS very soon.
Donna.

Hi Donna

As I read in this forum I have to wait next two months, after that I’ll ask you for help with filling appl. form. Is it any special should I be careful in filling Form 40.
Too much waiting....
Old May 18th 2005, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom_mac
Hi Donna

As I read in this forum I have to wait next two months, after that I’ll ask you for help with filling appl. form. Is it any special should I be careful in filling Form 40.
Too much waiting....
Hi Tomi
Form 40 should be sent to your sponsor to fill in then your sponsor should send it back to you to send off with your main application form. Hopes this helps.
Donna.
Old May 18th 2005, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we have have just complete the winding road toward a 138. Check out the time line.
Old May 18th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Hi LS,

I'm not sure about the paperwork question, but I seem to remember reading something somewhere on the forums about how the assurer was supposed to bring the "proof" of bond lodgement back to CentreLink. I could be wrong about that as I didn't ask my brother about it when he lodged our bond.

As for how long after the bond is lodged, I'm at about a month now since the bond was lodged, and I'm still waiting. I'm hopeful that I will hear something in the next month or so. I did inform my CO that the bond had been lodged via email and he responded with a very "non-committal" type email stating that my case would be reviewed "in due course". Not very encouraging, but there you go!

Cheers,
Brian
My brother emailed me today to tell me that he received a letter from CentreLink informing him that the AoS has been officially accepted and that DIMIA has been informed. Hopefully that will mean a visa for me in the next couple weeks! :-)

Cheers,
Brian
Old May 18th 2005, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

My brother emailed me today to tell me that he received a letter from CentreLink informing him that the AoS has been officially accepted and that DIMIA has been informed. Hopefully that will mean a visa for me in the next couple weeks! :-)

Cheers,
Brian
Good on you Brian, not long for you now. Looking forwards to your "GOT IT"
Donna.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:23 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabc
Hi, we have have just complete the winding road toward a 138. Check out the time line.
Congratulations, Rab! Fantastic news!

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.