Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by tiger222
No, the Dr didn't courier with a tracking number - or if he did, he didn't offer the number to DH. So we'll just have to sit tight. Thanks for the email address.
Patience was never my strong point either!

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi Mrs PHH

We have booked our flights for 31st Oct and rental booked for 3 weeks - Perth here we come Viewing was a no go but we are happy with that as I think we are happy to rent it out. Looks like we may have sold our car too, to someone in Birmingham but will have to wait until OH comes home tonight to tell me all about it
Clarkey - I actually agree with Mrs PHH also booking your flights at the last minute in March hopefully the prices will b e cheaper cos you are then at the back end of summer early autumn. Prices are just going up now, we have noticed a difference from looking at flights for Sept to looking at flights end of Oct. Also the holiday lets just shoot up couldn't believe how much, one we looked at went up by $500 per week from the start of Nov nearly fell off my chair

The second Feb to get over there just realised Nige will beat you! boys eh! Where are you heading?

Originally Posted by mary1967
I'm desperately trying to get my act together, i just keep wandering round moaning about everything i need to do without actually doing anything.
A woman after my own heart!

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Finish work on 23rd Sept. Fly out 1st October. Can... Not .... Wait. Hows your app going?
Countdown starts now, lucky b!
He asked if there was anything he could do to change my mind. I said, sorry, flights already booked. When I get to Sydney and suffer my 'wobble' that you guys have already been through, be sure to be around for support lol.

Nice to know your wanted eh! I'm sure we'll all be there for the wobble that you won't have!

Originally Posted by noofie
Hi all,

Glad to see every one is okay - haven't been on for a while. Had a major wobble about wanting to go or not when we got our case officer last week. Must have been the wrong time of the month as like all of us I have been obsessing over it for months - checking every day etc etc then go and get all teary and scared!!!!

Anyway completed Form 80 x 3 and a Form 47a for son who is now 18 and uploaded them last night. Just waiting to see if Queensland Health will give me a letter confirming job offer (asked a few weeks ago and they said couldn't do it until visa had been granted aaaaarrrrggghhh).

House sale still on - couple having their survey done tomorrow. Looks like we may be heading out to Gold Coast in January 2009 - I keep thinking of ways to delay it (not sure why!!!) but for all practical reasons it makes sense. Buyers want to be in by end of November and of course with school starting in January it makes sence for the boys.

Jackie xx
Heres hoping you get the visa shortly! We'll have to organise a get together over there

Lindsay x
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Finish work on 23rd Sept. Fly out 1st October. Can... Not .... Wait. Hows your app going?
DH just had his meds done on Sat. Dr. told him that the kids and my meds were sent last week - which mean they should be arriving in Sydney sometime this week. DHs won't go out for another 2 weeks. So no hope for Visa Grant until Late September....or the day you fly out!

Where are you headed again? I might just have to look you up once we arrive!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

DH just had his meds done on Sat. Dr. told him that the kids and my meds were sent last week - which mean they should be arriving in Sydney sometime this week. DHs won't go out for another 2 weeks. So no hope for Visa Grant until Late September....or the day you fly out!

Where are you headed again? I might just have to look you up once we arrive!
Heading for Sydney. If you're around that neck of the woods, be sure to let us know.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife

The second Feb to get over there just realised Nige will beat you! boys eh! Where are you heading?

Lindsay x

Actually Nige is a Marchie!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

No, the Dr didn't courier with a tracking number - or if he did, he didn't offer the number to DH. So we'll just have to sit tight. Thanks for the email address.
Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Patience was never my strong point either!
Lindsay x
So it's Tuesday - have I waited long enough!?!?!

I think they should be there by now as he sent them last week. I just have to inquire if they have received the package at least!

No patience at all, sometimes...
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

JASB - Haven't heard from you in a while.

Did anyone notice (or care to note) that the "official" timeline has moved?

I have a new theory as to how Visas are processed. I think the end of the month gets processed first - it's the accounting practice of LIFO - Last In First Out. So the have them separated by month - but the end of the month get COs first.

If you look over on the April thread, you'll see that 2 people who applied the 27th received Visas yesterday. Now a CO for someone who applied on the 28th.

I've noticed this trend in processing other months too. Hmmm.....
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

JASB - Haven't heard from you in a while.

Did anyone notice (or care to note) that the "official" timeline has moved?

I have a new theory as to how Visas are processed. I think the end of the month gets processed first - it's the accounting practice of LIFO - Last In First Out. So the have them separated by month - but the end of the month get COs first.

If you look over on the April thread, you'll see that 2 people who applied the 27th received Visas yesterday. Now a CO for someone who applied on the 28th.

I've noticed this trend in processing other months too. Hmmm.....
Couldnt be. The first March visa was applied for on 1st March I think. Mine was 10th March. Try again
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Couldnt be. The first March visa was applied for on 1st March I think. Mine was 10th March. Try again
I didn't say it was "perfect" - I just think that 1st March was "lucky". I think they skipped over a few to get to you on the 10th then moved on to the end of the month. I think there are a lot more "end of March" grants as of today then "first of March" grants....

I also think it's a trend that runs in most months. The first 1 or 2 granted might be first of the month - but then it's LIFO.....that's all I'm saying....

It might be that the COs are assigned by "section of month" So the COs assigned to the "end of the month" either have fewer applicants or work harder - not sure which....
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

aawwww don't say that tiger cos I'm right at the beginning of May

I can't remember who wrote it now but there was another theory about surname initials and I would be last in that one too so it's not looking good for me all round LOL
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Candy Groove
aawwww don't say that tiger cos I'm right at the beginning of May

I can't remember who wrote it now but there was another theory about surname initials and I would be last in that one too so it's not looking good for me all round LOL
That was Fly Away's theory. I think she gave up on it after she found a few that don't fit....

I'm at the front of April - I just think there might be more lodged then - just a guess, of course.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:04 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

No job lined up. Only flights and accomodation booked. I didnt want to sort out a job just yet as I want to **** around for a while. I have no idea how long that might take lol. Have you delivered the bad news in work yet?
He asked if there was anything he could do to change my mind. I said, sorry, flights already booked. When I get to Sydney and suffer my 'wobble' that you guys have already been through, be sure to be around for support lol.

I gave my notice in last Friday - i felt terrible all day, but now i can't wait to finish!!!

We've held your hand this far Nige, i'm sure we'll be here to see you through your first wobble

Didn't advertise OH's car today, but last night i filled in the shippers insurance inventory
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I gave my notice in last Friday - i felt terrible all day, but now i can't wait to finish!!!

We've held your hand this far Nige, i'm sure we'll be here to see you through your first wobble

Didn't advertise OH's car today, but last night i filled in the shippers insurance inventory
Lol, small steps Mary.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:25 am
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

Hi guys..

Just a little update on my situation....I had officially given up hope of getting a CO/Visa for over a week now. My theory is that for High Risk Countires the official date is the actual date at which they are processing applications for high risk countries.
Given the astounding speed at which the dates have moved :mad,.I think its moved less than a month since I applied in Feb. So the PR could be another 2-3 years... who knows

Just as I was about to cancel my plans to move to OZ outright...my wife got a job offer today and they are willing to sponsor us for a work permit

So for all those who are losing hope .... I guess you never know where you luck is going to come from.

cheers

mrt
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

That was Fly Away's theory. I think she gave up on it after she found a few that don't fit....

I'm at the front of April - I just think there might be more lodged then - just a guess, of course.
The new theory is that anyone with user name Fly Away has bugger all chance of getting a visa before Christmas. bet they have that stuck up on the wall. Or maybe printed on the mat they wipe their feet on.......

Bitter me???
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yay - hope you have a good leaving do at work!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.