February 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Mairead
Thanks Edie. At long last eh!!! When are you submitting?
We are hoping to settle in Melbourne. How about you?
Agent submitted on Saturday we are not entirely sure where to settle Adelaide or The Gold Coast all depends on where I can get a job though really.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Mairead.

OH had his TRA back in 2 weeks We are hoping to go to the Gold Coast. We lodged our application on December 20th. Are you doing it yourself or using an agent? We are using an agent. Do you have any children? We have 2, Lauren 7 and Daniel 4. Best of luck to you

Helena

Hi Helena,

Wow that was quick!!! 2 Weeks!!!

We plan on doing it ourselves. Im hoping it will be a straight forward application so I don't see the need for an agent. Mind you I may be eating those words in a few months if things don't go our way!!!!!!! We are heading to Melbourne as soon as the house sells or the visa is in!!! We have one daughter who is 15 months now and hopefully by the time we arrive in Melbourne another one will be on the way!!! How are your children taking to the move?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by edie209
Agent submitted on Saturday we are not entirely sure where to settle Adelaide or The Gold Coast all depends on where I can get a job though really.
I always wanted to go to the gold coast!!!!! Never made it the last time I lived in oz. Are you planning on doing a reccie first?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:43 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

I just submitted my skills assessment to VET ASSESS on 8th Feb 08. Hoping to go for a 176 providing i get positive for my 50 occupation. Fingers crossed. I'll be submitting in March hopefully so not far behind you.

Good Luck All.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fingers and toes crossed for you. Best advice I can give is do the visa app now and save it online and when your ready to proceed all you have to do is click submit.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:55 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice Mairead - I wasnt sure if there was a time limit from starting online app to actually submitting. I am going to front load PCC's and have just booked my IELTS for 29th March. I'm in such a panic in case it all goes pearshaped.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi all,

We lodged our online application on the 8th Feb.

Good luck to all and we hope to end up in the Brisbane area.

Lou xx
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I always wanted to go to the gold coast!!!!! Never made it the last time I lived in oz. Are you planning on doing a reccie first?
I went out last year on my own for about 7 days (or was it dazed) and had a look around saw some really nice areas but 7 days is just not enough to decide. I'm hoping I can get a job and take some of the guess work out initially and settle from there. But we have 4 children 13,12,10, and 7 so we can't take too long to settle in one area.

I don't about you but we think we have made up our minds then another suggestion just scrambles our minds I am reading loads on here at the moment just to try and decide the best area to start. I work in network admin/security so that will really dictate.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Good advice Mairead - I wasnt sure if there was a time limit from starting online app to actually submitting. I am going to front load PCC's and have just booked my IELTS for 29th March. I'm in such a panic in case it all goes pearshaped.
They say that there is a 28 day time limit however our app is there sice early December. I just refreshed our app once a week. Mind you I would still advise that once your finished you would take a print out just in case!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by edie209
I went out last year on my own for about 7 days (or was it dazed) and had a look around saw some really nice areas but 7 days is just not enough to decide. I'm hoping I can get a job and take some of the guess work out initially and settle from there. But we have 4 children 13,12,10, and 7 so we can't take too long to settle in one area.

I don't about you but we think we have made up our minds then another suggestion just scrambles our minds I am reading loads on here at the moment just to try and decide the best area to start. I work in network admin/security so that will really dictate.
I understand where you are coming from. I am very concerned about going over blind with our daughter in tow so I can imagine you you feel with 4 kiddies. We have been fairly set on Melbourne from start and for us it was a one horse race. Damien has got some god job prospects there as he is a c++ developer and there appears to be allot of demand for his area. In addition, he has heard back from an IT company in Melbourne so fingers crossed he will have an interview with them within the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed that well get it right first time!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena,

Wow that was quick!!! 2 Weeks!!!

We plan on doing it ourselves. Im hoping it will be a straight forward application so I don't see the need for an agent. Mind you I may be eating those words in a few months if things don't go our way!!!!!!! We are heading to Melbourne as soon as the house sells or the visa is in!!! We have one daughter who is 15 months now and hopefully by the time we arrive in Melbourne another one will be on the way!!! How are your children taking to the move?
Hiye,

The kids are very excited. We talk positively about the move and watch programs about Oz together and they can't wait I have read on here of women who have gotten pregnant before their visa'a are granted so be warned Wait till you get there!! The thing about an agent is you can always appoint one if you get into difficulties but hopeful that won't happen. But it is nice to know that they are there if you need them
OH is coming down the stairs so I will be kicked off the PC now
Ah, well, I have a nice bottle of white in the fridge
Helena
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Well just managed to complete my application today and have a TRN number which is a good sign. So my application date is 13 Feb 2008 - unlucky for some I guess - lol

Just waiting for the confirmation email to come through then I'll start up loading the documents.

Good luck to everyone on here.

Nick
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:58 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by springonion
Hi everyone,

Well just managed to complete my application today and have a TRN number which is a good sign. So my application date is 13 Feb 2008 - unlucky for some I guess - lol

Just waiting for the confirmation email to come through then I'll start up loading the documents.

Good luck to everyone on here.

Nick
Hi all,

Our application was submitted 05/02/08. We have a TRN no and are in the process of arranging medicals for mid March.

We're definately off to Adelaide (if visa is granted!)- We did a recci last August and I have family there so we even know the area we'll be heading for initially.

Good luck to everyone and hope the wait isn't too painful!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All,

Paddy I hope the wait isnt too painful either!! The three months I was waiting on the skills assessment was bad enough!!!!

Helena thats good that the kiddies are taking so well to the idea of the move. Its half the battle!! Thankfully Mia is still young so wont know the difference.

springonion I wish I knew I could upload the docs later on!! It took about an hour and half to upload them all last night!!!! Looking forward to getting the ack mail though.

I went in to the passport office today to get details of our prev. passports for the form 80. Typical of me I brought Mia's passport instead of my own so have to go back in again tomorrow!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:17 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Hi All,

Paddy I hope the wait isnt too painful either!! The three months I was waiting on the skills assessment was bad enough!!!!

Helena thats good that the kiddies are taking so well to the idea of the move. Its half the battle!! Thankfully Mia is still young so wont know the difference.

springonion I wish I knew I could upload the docs later on!! It took about an hour and half to upload them all last night!!!! Looking forward to getting the ack mail though.

I went in to the passport office today to get details of our prev. passports for the form 80. Typical of me I brought Mia's passport instead of my own so have to go back in again tomorrow!!
Just wanted to congratulate on lodging the application

Now the waiting begins

Kaitlin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.