February 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Thanks Kaitlin!!! At long last eh!!! Thought wed never get here.

Honestly I dont mind the wait for this one!! We still have to sell the house and I cant imagine that been finalized before June. I think the hard part was the RPL. That was filled with uncertainty. As long as the meds come back clear I cant see that there will be a problem with the application. Famous last words eh!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Oceanspirit1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I posted my application on the 8th February 2008 - had my meds and xray on 13th Feb 08. I am going for a spouse visa, which seems to be a lot more straightforward than the skilled visas..
Anyway just want to say good luck to everyone!! Rebecca
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:26 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
Thanks Kaitlin!!! At long last eh!!! Thought wed never get here.

Honestly I dont mind the wait for this one!! We still have to sell the house and I cant imagine that been finalized before June. I think the hard part was the RPL. That was filled with uncertainty. As long as the meds come back clear I cant see that there will be a problem with the application. Famous last words eh!!!!
Same here Now that I've started sorting all out it seems like a hopeless case :P First showing on sunday for the flat

Kaitlin
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

176 Visa Application was sent 2nd of Feb. The skills assessment took 6 weeks to come through, which I was quite pleased with considering Christmas and New Year were in the middle of that time.

The skills assessment came through on 29th January so the agent just checked through our papers.

I found the wait for the skills assessment, although not long, quite frustrating - everything we've done in our lives, we've been in control of and now, our lives are in the control of total strangers who know very little about us and the type of people we are. Does anybody else feel like this? It's even worse now as the wait will be even longer and unpredictable.

Our agent thinks its a straight forward enough application but that doesn't stop the butterflies does it? I want to get the medicals done, the house sold and packed but the hubby is being a lot more down to earth and is keen for me to remain composed but I'm finding it really hard. Are these feelings normal?

Good luck to all of you who are sailing the seas of visa application and may we all get those visas granted!!!

Sam
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:47 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SammyT
Hi Everyone,

176 Visa Application was sent 2nd of Feb. The skills assessment took 6 weeks to come through, which I was quite pleased with considering Christmas and New Year were in the middle of that time.

The skills assessment came through on 29th January so the agent just checked through our papers.

I found the wait for the skills assessment, although not long, quite frustrating - everything we've done in our lives, we've been in control of and now, our lives are in the control of total strangers who know very little about us and the type of people we are. Does anybody else feel like this? It's even worse now as the wait will be even longer and unpredictable.

Our agent thinks its a straight forward enough application but that doesn't stop the butterflies does it? I want to get the medicals done, the house sold and packed but the hubby is being a lot more down to earth and is keen for me to remain composed but I'm finding it really hard. Are these feelings normal?

Good luck to all of you who are sailing the seas of visa application and may we all get those visas granted!!!

Sam
I know exactly how you feel. I submitted my skills assessment last week and I cant sit still. I have scanned all my docs in ready, have booked my IELTS, got prices for meds and know how long waiting time is for every clinic in north west, have sent my PCC's off and am getting boss to do employment refs tomorrow. Dont even know if I'll pass the darn skills assessment. Have checked one way flight prices for November (fingers crossed), have started gathering stuff stuff I dont want to put on e-bay. The only thing I havent done is put house up for sale and thats only cos I'll have no where to live if it sells quick. I'm so excited, frustrated, worried, desperate I cant tell you and my 176 app hasnt even gone in yet.

Hehe - heres to all of us and a new life down under!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I know exactly how you feel. I submitted my skills assessment last week and I cant sit still. I have scanned all my docs in ready, have booked my IELTS, got prices for meds and know how long waiting time is for every clinic in north west, have sent my PCC's off and am getting boss to do employment refs tomorrow. Dont even know if I'll pass the darn skills assessment. Have checked one way flight prices for November (fingers crossed), have started gathering stuff stuff I dont want to put on e-bay. The only thing I havent done is put house up for sale and thats only cos I'll have no where to live if it sells quick. I'm so excited, frustrated, worried, desperate I cant tell you and my 176 app hasnt even gone in yet.

Hehe - heres to all of us and a new life down under!!!!

If only the hubby (who normally is the more wreckless in our marriage) would allow me to run with it. He's wants to play it by the book. . Do you have a partner who is going with you? Hopefully once you send the skills assessment off, it wont be long until you can send off visa application (although, if you're frustrated now - there's not much hope for the blood pressure once visa app has gone off ). I think my agent was right though, take 1 step a time and then we can feel a little more in control.

My mantra has been - 'it'll be alright' and I'm sure it will be.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:08 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

If only the hubby (who normally is the more wreckless in our marriage) would allow me to run with it. He's wants to play it by the book. . Do you have a partner who is going with you? Hopefully once you send the skills assessment off, it wont be long until you can send off visa application (although, if you're frustrated now - there's not much hope for the blood pressure once visa app has gone off ). I think my agent was right though, take 1 step a time and then we can feel a little more in control.

My mantra has been - 'it'll be alright' and I'm sure it will be.
I'm trying to play by the book but it appears that people who front load all the info online get processed quicker. I'm going by myself to join my sister who's been out there 8 years. I just got back from spending 5 weeks there and I cant tell you how depressing it is to be back here.

I've got everything crossed for my skills assessment as I'm not sure they will accept my post grad diploma without a bachelors degree to support it - but fingers crossed.

Have you decided where you want to go?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I'm trying to play by the book but it appears that people who front load all the info online get processed quicker. I'm going by myself to join my sister who's been out there 8 years. I just got back from spending 5 weeks there and I cant tell you how depressing it is to be back here.

I've got everything crossed for my skills assessment as I'm not sure they will accept my post grad diploma without a bachelors degree to support it - but fingers crossed.

Have you decided where you want to go?
We're going to Perth. Hubby's dad and step family live in the area - we've been there once and are going back the end of March for a jollyday (in our fantasies, we wanted this to be the time when we checked in after visas were granted - but alas - wishful thinking was pipe dream).
We're looking into having medicals done - the sooner we get them over and done with the better but we're nervous incase it all takes a lot longer than we hope. I'm a teacher and only have three windows of opportunity to resign a year, so unfortunately we have to time it well. I want to get everything done so to be honest, I envy your spirit!!!!
Where does your sister live - will you stay in area she lives?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:36 pm
beach bum

We're going to Perth. Hubby's dad and step family live in the area - we've been there once and are going back the end of March for a jollyday (in our fantasies, we wanted this to be the time when we checked in after visas were granted - but alas - wishful thinking was pipe dream).
We're looking into having medicals done - the sooner we get them over and done with the better but we're nervous incase it all takes a lot longer than we hope. I'm a teacher and only have three windows of opportunity to resign a year, so unfortunately we have to time it well. I want to get everything done so to be honest, I envy your spirit!!!!
Where does your sister live - will you stay in area she lives?
I need to find me some patience I think. I'm gonna be frazzled in a few weeks. I'm sure your meds will go through fine, but i guess you dont want them to run out if you have to wait for summer or christmas hols to finish work.

My sister lives just North of Wollongong on the Illawarra coast - so beautiful. I'll stay with her till I get my own place sorted. I fancy Stanwell Park which is just a bit further up towards Sydney. I've been bitten by the surf bug so inland is not an option - even a few hundred yards inland might frustrate me.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:10 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys - My visa application has been lodged a few days ago AT LAST.
I started the process 18 months ago but have taken my time

We're off to Melbourne (Mornington peninsula) as soon as we have the visa and the house is sold.
The way things are I think we'll have the visa before the house is sold

Anyway here's hoping for a quick and painfree result for us all
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Same here Now that I've started sorting all out it seems like a hopeless case :P First showing on sunday for the flat

Kaitlin
Fingers crossed for the viewing!!!! We have one tomorrow so are running about the place cleaning. Sorry Ill rephrase that .... Damien is running about the place cleaning!!!!!! I plan on doing my bit in the morning!!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Guys - My visa application has been lodged a few days ago AT LAST.
I started the process 18 months ago but have taken my time

We're off to Melbourne (Mornington peninsula) as soon as we have the visa and the house is sold.
The way things are I think we'll have the visa before the house is sold

Anyway here's hoping for a quick and painfree result for us all
Kapri we are heading for Melbourne also and Damien loves the look of the Mornington peninsula. So you never know we may be neighbors!!! Do you mind if I ask what made you choose that area? We are in the same boat and reckon the visa will be in before the house is sold. Some cheeky so and so came in with an offer just before xmas that was 100k under the asking rice!!!! Seems to be a trend in Ireland at the moment.

ponyrama & Sammy its great that you have family out there. It really is half the battle. I'm very close to mine and see them 6 days a week and I really don't know how I will cope without them.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mairead
Kapri we are heading for Melbourne also and Damien loves the look of the Mornington peninsula. So you never know we may be neighbors!!! Do you mind if I ask what made you choose that area? We are in the same boat and reckon the visa will be in before the house is sold. Some cheeky so and so came in with an offer just before xmas that was 100k under the asking rice!!!! Seems to be a trend in Ireland at the moment.

ponyrama & Sammy its great that you have family out there. It really is half the battle. I'm very close to mine and see them 6 days a week and I really don't know how I will cope without them.
It will certainly be a wrench to leave your family - how have they taken the news of the move? I've a large family myself; the hubby has a very small one and we're going out to live near his dad (his mom and sister live in Inverness). I too am going to find it hard to leave my family and friends.
We're lucky to be going near hubby's family as they can help with day to day stuff but when I'm feeling under the weather I wont be able to ring my mom to ask her to go to the shops for me and it's those things I will miss the most I'm sure. When I sit down and think about it, it makes me close to tears but I must think of the positives about going. Will you know anybody when you get out there?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:21 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Most of my family is in Oz - thought I've only met them 5 times in last 20 years!! Most of my OH's family is in Ireland , I've never really got on with half of them cos I'm English and that seems to matter- the other half accept me OK - so it's all a quandary for me! well I'm sure we'll resolve it b4 we go - well certainly with those that matter!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

It will certainly be a wrench to leave your family - how have they taken the news of the move? I've a large family myself; the hubby has a very small one and we're going out to live near his dad (his mom and sister live in Inverness). I too am going to find it hard to leave my family and friends.
We're lucky to be going near hubby's family as they can help with day to day stuff but when I'm feeling under the weather I wont be able to ring my mom to ask her to go to the shops for me and it's those things I will miss the most I'm sure. When I sit down and think about it, it makes me close to tears but I must think of the positives about going. Will you know anybody when you get out there?
Unfortunately we wont have anyone at all however i have met a few good people on BE and britvics. Britvics have something similar to a mommy and baby group and do a number of nights out etc so will hopefully meet more people that way. It will be a wrench to leave the family and as you say its times when you are under the weather or feeling low that you will really feel it. The best way I can look at it is they are only down the other end of the phone. At the end of the day we are moving to give our daughter better opportunities and thats what I need to focus on!!

Paddyhaha, thats terrible about your family although It is something you see quite abit in Ireland esp. rural Ireland. My grandfather and Nan would be the same regarding the British. Thankfully though the next generation don't have any ill feelings towards the British so its something that is dying out. The English flag was even allowed to be raised and the national anthem played also when england were playing Ireland at landsdown which was a very big thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.