Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:10 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by eve209
Now here's the query our application status page says processing commenced 11/02/08

Our meds say finalised 05/07/08

One med says, meds sent to Australia for further processing 09/07/08

On this the agent has said that we have a CO, but from what I can gather your status never says CO assigned, is this true?

We applied 11/02/08, so are a feb applicant on a 175!

even if we haven't got a CO yet at least we have had some movement on our status page which gets us really excited anyway!!!!

Eve x
Hi Eve

Have no idea about that one. Confusing I think because all the meds were sent to Australia processing weren't they?

Ours just say processing commenced, meds finalised and that's it really. Don't think it ever comes up with CO assigned - but if you click on the document check list that's the best clue. Ours list the docs and then says required (even though they're all sent) and when you have a CO it'll change to received then met when they've been cleared.

I'm sure you're agent knows as that's their job and they see it day in day out - so congrats if that's the case

Good luck
xxx
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Gina 2 will become famous soon enoughGina 2 will become famous soon enough

Hi Eve

Well that does sound really exciting, all the best and please keep us updated!

Cheers,

Gina
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RobAndEwa
A bit late in the day - only found this site recently - but add us to the list of February applicants.

175 visa, submitted electronically mid Feb and now playing the waiting game. House has just gone on the market and work contract has 4.5 months left to run. Hoping it'll all come together (house sale, unemployment and visa) for a January departure. Don't fancy another February in London!

Haven't finalised it yet, but we think Brisbane is where we're headed.
Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
Hi All ,
Im new here iam a mid february applicant i found today in the online page of my application a new sentence added saying: ur application being processed further and im trying to log on VIEW ENTITLMENT it says temp. unavailable...is that fine..im worried..!!!
welcome to the thread guys!

i think i'm going to have to give in to temptation and check on what it says on my application page....... you've all got my hopes up
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Rats still only commenced.

and we didn't win the lottery this weekend

double rats
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasb
Hi Eve

Have no idea about that one. Confusing I think because all the meds were sent to Australia processing weren't they?

Ours just say processing commenced, meds finalised and that's it really. Don't think it ever comes up with CO assigned - but if you click on the document check list that's the best clue. Ours list the docs and then says required (even though they're all sent) and when you have a CO it'll change to received then met when they've been cleared.

I'm sure you're agent knows as that's their job and they see it day in day out - so congrats if that's the case

Good luck
xxx
Hi

The medicals are not done by a CO, they are done by the medical dept of DIAC, they are the people that update your status page regarding medicals. Dec applicants are getting CO's at the moment.
Jasp is right in saying that the doc checklist will change only when you get a CO.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Citygirl is on a distinguished road

Hey All...

It's getting nearer CO allocation time and I want to ask your advice..

In preparing my application, I told my employers that the reference was required for a temporary Visa, as I could not risk letting them know I intended leaving for good so early in the piece. It was a calculated risk, but one I felt I had to make...

I'm nervous that the CO's might call soon... I'm preparing to come clean, so that the air is cleared in time for a glorious reference!!

Just want to check how long you think we have, and any advice regarding how to phrase it would be much appreciated.

Be as frank as you like! I already feel terrible about having lied, and I can't wait to unburden the secret... but want to make sure I'm not hanging myself for nothing!

I'm really unclear as to the reference checking, as previous posts I've read refer to CO's calling, not giving names, not asking for the referee, etc...

Citygirl
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Citygirl
Hey All...

It's getting nearer CO allocation time and I want to ask your advice..

In preparing my application, I told my employers that the reference was required for a temporary Visa, as I could not risk letting them know I intended leaving for good so early in the piece. It was a calculated risk, but one I felt I had to make...

I'm nervous that the CO's might call soon... I'm preparing to come clean, so that the air is cleared in time for a glorious reference!!

Just want to check how long you think we have, and any advice regarding how to phrase it would be much appreciated.

Be as frank as you like! I already feel terrible about having lied, and I can't wait to unburden the secret... but want to make sure I'm not hanging myself for nothing!

I'm really unclear as to the reference checking, as previous posts I've read refer to CO's calling, not giving names, not asking for the referee, etc...

Citygirl

Hi, I would approach your employer and say that since submitting your visa application you have thought about it and decided that you want to go permanently and that you have contacted immi and notified them of you intentions to go perm and not temp. Tell your company that they don't need to amend you reference but they may receive a call enquiring about your position etc. Mind you they don't always do the checks, the majority of people they don't it is just pot luck

Anyway - do immi not issue visas on a Monday or Friday, there has been nothing today that I could find Lets hope the rest of the week will be better
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Citygirl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi, I would approach your employer and say that since submitting your visa application you have thought about it and decided that you want to go permanently and that you have contacted immi and notified them of you intentions to go perm and not temp. Tell your company that they don't need to amend you reference but they may receive a call enquiring about your position etc. Mind you they don't always do the checks, the majority of people they don't it is just pot luck

Anyway - do immi not issue visas on a Monday or Friday, there has been nothing today that I could find Lets hope the rest of the week will be better
Thanks Basty...

That's exactly what my boyfriend suggested - that I let them know I have 'upgraded' my Visa application!!

Just reading about evidence of employment - I only attached references, and payslips... no P60's ... wondering if I should forward these now.. or wait to be asked..

And the Australian Values Statement query keeps coming up on other threads.. I'm sure I ticked the 'I agree' box in the questionnaire.. Wondering if I should pre-empt the request and forward this too?

(As you can see, I want my Visa like, yesterday!!!)

Citygirl
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Basty

Batsy -

I didn't see any announcements on the treads today either and was just wondering the same thing. Just checked BEUpdate though and found 2 August 07 and 1 December issued TODAY 14 July! So yes, they are issuing Visas today (there was one listed for Friday) - just not any announcements as yet?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Citygirl
Thanks Basty...

That's exactly what my boyfriend suggested - that I let them know I have 'upgraded' my Visa application!!

Just reading about evidence of employment - I only attached references, and payslips... no P60's ... wondering if I should forward these now.. or wait to be asked..

And the Australian Values Statement query keeps coming up on other threads.. I'm sure I ticked the 'I agree' box in the questionnaire.. Wondering if I should pre-empt the request and forward this too?

(As you can see, I want my Visa like, yesterday!!!)

You and me both and hundreds of others

Citygirl
Originally Posted by tiger222
Batsy -

I didn't see any announcements on the treads today either and was just wondering the same thing. Just checked BEUpdate though and found 2 August 07 and 1 December issued TODAY 14 July! So yes, they are issuing Visas today (there was one listed for Friday) - just not any announcements as yet?
I was expecting floods I suppose I have to be realistic, just wish for some movement at my end, you now, the car, the house but as my mum keeps saying 'stop rushing, it will all come together', and mums always know best
I have resigned my thinking to the fact that we will still be here at xmas and that is ages to sell the house, we sold it in 10 weeks and then the buggers pulled out after 4!!!! and we have only been up again for 3 weeks so who am I trying to kid I just can't be patient
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:32 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hey Basty - just go with the flow
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:34 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

Any bets on tomorrows update? I'm covering myself here and I'll wager it's gonna go backwards minus two days!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Any bets on tomorrows update? I'm covering myself here and I'll wager it's gonna go backwards minus two days!
JASB do you want to LOSE 2 weeks in a row!?!?! It's not going to go backwards! But I don't think it will change either. That's my wager!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:06 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

Originally Posted by tiger222
JASB do you want to LOSE 2 weeks in a row!?!?! It's not going to go backwards! But I don't think it will change either. That's my wager!
Nah....... you're right! OK OK I'll have a serious bet
Ummmm.....
16th November?

I'll make it a double G & T to you if there's no change again
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Nah....... you're right! OK OK I'll have a serious bet
Ummmm.....
16th November?

I'll make it a double G & T to you if there's no change again
That's closer! It could well be 16 November - I just think they'll leave it for 1 more week....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.