Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old May 13th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by debbie222
To be honest it has peed me off....we all know whats happening and its hard to keep positive sometimes....could do without it!

Debs
I just have to say that in retrospect, some years from now, we could be saying "good thing we got in when we did, we could have lost MORE had we waited". We cannot know what the future will bring. Health, economy, family, might all shift to prevent us from trying to go to OZ. We only know that TODAY is the day. Carpe Diem!!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

madddogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: February 2008 Applicants

hi all feb applicants.

Haven't been on the site for ages. how are we all doing.?

i have booked my flight to Oz woohoo. stopping in thailand for 7 week b4 xmas. cant wait. have told work im going so that is a weight off my chest.
still no news on the visa application tho' i dont think it will come before i go, so ill go in on a 1 year working holiday visa and then pop over to NZ when it get accepted..

any idea when i should book my meds and police checks.

claire
Old May 14th 2008, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
I just have to say that in retrospect, some years from now, we could be saying "good thing we got in when we did, we could have lost MORE had we waited". We cannot know what the future will bring. Health, economy, family, might all shift to prevent us from trying to go to OZ. We only know that TODAY is the day. Carpe Diem!!
Those are wise words. I shall remember them. We have been prevented from going for famil reasons for the last 15 years - so now is our time.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:14 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Speaking of box of Chocs - how's the tooth, JASB? Did the temporary work?

Did Nige come through with the Visa? Probably lost in the post! lol
Hi Tiger - tooth all filled in by dentist now and chocolate going down a treat! Nige did not post me my visa

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Think someone should be promising me a visa. Got my tooth out an hour ago and am in a lot of pain.
I'm not saying a word to you Nige

Originally Posted by Basty
I have decided that I need a couple of days away from BE, so I am sending best wishes and karma to all, especially the house sellers

Hope you all have a good couple of days and I hope to come back refreshed and feeling my normal self
xx
Hope the break helps

True...but whatever you do dont open the FINANCIALLY THE WORST TIME TO IMMIGRATE EVER thread.......it will make you weep!

Right guys....positive thoughts only

Debs
x
I'm sick to death of the current situation. I have made a conscious decision to avoid the news etc. Usually watch the news when I get up - but this morning I put on some music and it's worked wonders. I'm really happy in my world, but keeping up to date with current affairs is like a bullet in the head.

I'm not going to watch telly anymore (unless there's something really good on!) and I never buy any papers/magazines... just going to listen to good music and already I feel great

So, here's to a positive outlook things are no way as bad as the media are making out - just scaremongering!
Old May 14th 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jasb

I'm sick to death of the current situation. I have made a conscious decision to avoid the news etc. Usually watch the news when I get up - but this morning I put on some music and it's worked wonders. I'm really happy in my world, but keeping up to date with current affairs is like a bullet in the head.

I'm not going to watch telly anymore (unless there's something really good on!) and I never buy any papers/magazines... just going to listen to good music and already I feel great

So, here's to a positive outlook things are no way as bad as the media are making out - just scaremongering!

I'm with you on this one!

I did read that thread and felt really cross with myself that we didn't get on with this whole thing 3 years ago when we first looked into it. However, then having two children and then getting married is far and away more important than making a few more thousand to bring with us.

This country will talk itself into a recession, especially if people carrying listening to the doom and gloom.

Here's to sunshine and barbies with our own pools/ocean in our back garden!!!!
Old May 14th 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

oooh quantas advert just on the tv!!! i got goose bumps! Business class anyone??
Old May 14th 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
oooh quantas advert just on the tv!!! i got goose bumps! Business class anyone??
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old May 14th 2008, 7:35 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

I get goose bumps when I see the Australia advert.....can't wait!

Debs
Old May 14th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Huni
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I get goose bumps when I see the Australia advert.....can't wait!

Debs
I get goose bumps just "listening" to you guys POST about the Quantas Commercial!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:24 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Wish I could afford it
Last time we flew qantas to Sydney, my bl**dy seat wouldn't recline. I was stuck the whole time with my seat bolt upright and the seat infront was reclined.... no room atall. Complained and they offered me a seat in business class... which I refused unless they would seat my husband and daughter aswell (what a berk I was!) No extra seats for them. So they gave me 2 bottles of champagne instead
Then an air steward swapped my husband's fhm mag for a bottle of Aussie red and some first class cosmetic bags for my daughter and me!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:28 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

Originally Posted by madddogg
hi all feb applicants.

Haven't been on the site for ages. how are we all doing.?

i have booked my flight to Oz woohoo. stopping in thailand for 7 week b4 xmas. cant wait. have told work im going so that is a weight off my chest.
still no news on the visa application tho' i dont think it will come before i go, so ill go in on a 1 year working holiday visa and then pop over to NZ when it get accepted..

any idea when i should book my meds and police checks.

claire
Hi Claire
Go Matilda should advise you on this one, just ask them - they know much more than me
Old May 14th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

morning all..
My husbands job offer is still keen on bringing him ASAP. They are now going to lodge the 457. so he could be gone in 1 month???????!.. i am waiting for the 176 to be approved otherwise validating will be toooooooooo expensive. Hopefully because he is onshore it will happen by august!.. He needs to give 1 month notice to his present employers.. so we are just waiting for confirmation from oz that they have actually applied!!!!!

excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared !!
Old May 14th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

the oz workplace reckon the can turn a 457 around in a couple of weeks.. but i'm still staying calm until i know papers are lodged!!!..

so much to sort out now.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old May 14th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

morning all..
My husbands job offer is still keen on bringing him ASAP. They are now going to lodge the 457. so he could be gone in 1 month???????!.. i am waiting for the 176 to be approved otherwise validating will be toooooooooo expensive. Hopefully because he is onshore it will happen by august!.. He needs to give 1 month notice to his present employers.. so we are just waiting for confirmation from oz that they have actually applied!!!!!

excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared excited scared !!
Very scary AND Very Exciting!!!

the oz workplace reckon the can turn a 457 around in a couple of weeks.. but i'm still staying calm until i know papers are lodged!!!..

You'll get it all done!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:12 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

GO FOR IT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.