Feb 2009 Applications

Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Patience is a virtue we're all going to have to learn I guess, says she who cant help but check her 'status' every few days lol
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

pReSSuRe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Your best bet is to contact DIAC and ask them what your status is, but if you've only lodged your visa recently, things do move along quite slowly, considering there are hundreds upon thousands of us!
Yeah i have no idea about that. Seems like things are gonna be quite slow. I'm just being pessimistic on the time lines given by DIAC. I find it quite unlikely that I will get a CO before May 09 (since this is the cut off point for CSL'ers) because of all the backlog from 07/08. Like others have said, aint gonna get my hopes all high. I'm giving myself at least a year before i hear anything from them
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:18 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pReSSuRe
Yeah i have no idea about that. Seems like things are gonna be quite slow. I'm just being pessimistic on the time lines given by DIAC. I find it quite unlikely that I will get a CO before May 09 (since this is the cut off point for CSL'ers) because of all the backlog from 07/08. Like others have said, aint gonna get my hopes all high. I'm giving myself at least a year before i hear anything from them
I'm prepared to wait more than a year to be honest, I hope, all being well, that I'll be in Oz by 2011 lol
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

pReSSuRe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm prepared to wait more than a year to be honest, I hope, all being well, that I'll be in Oz by 2011 lol
2011? Thats 2 years, lol.. I dont think it will be that long. Im hoping to be there by 2010.. hoping
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:23 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well according to an emigration seminar i was @ today, it'll be around a year....i think personally, they were being overly optimistic! Has anyone come to the conclusion that Jenny is seeing her glass as half-empty just so she doesn't get disheartened by the long wait ahead!? lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

shiv1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI SANJAY

AS PER MY AGENT HE TOLD WITHIN 6-8 MONTHS. PLEASE CLARIFY ME ONE THING AFTER GETTING FILE REFERENCE NUMBER WILL I GET ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM DIAC? MINE IS PAPER BASED

HAVE YOU GOT A CO? WHATS UR TIME LINE

REGARDS,

SHIV
Old Mar 8th 2009, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

Originally Posted by joshattack
Thanks for the response PRESSURE. If my application shows
Application Recieved
Fees Reecieved
Application Further Processing - what does further processing mean? Will this change or will remain the same till the CO is assigned?
Hi joshattack,

I have the same status now. I'm on MODL and CSL.

I don't know what's meant by "Application being processed further" but I read somewhere here in the forum that this doesn't necessarily mean that a CO is appointed to the application (of course this is beyond our expectations now!).

But at least it's a good sign that someone is looking at our applications somehow!

Does anyone else get this update for his/her application?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiv1981
HI SANJAY

AS PER MY AGENT HE TOLD WITHIN 6-8 MONTHS. PLEASE CLARIFY ME ONE THING AFTER GETTING FILE REFERENCE NUMBER WILL I GET ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM DIAC? MINE IS PAPER BASED

HAVE YOU GOT A CO? WHATS UR TIME LINE

REGARDS,

SHIV
Hi Shiv,
After getting TRN from DIAC you could see your online status of your application on the website, no separate acknowledgement is given. I am waiting for CO and I had applied on 20.11.2008.
Cheers
Sanjay
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi A I, ive had that status since the 26th Feb and i lodged my application on the 14th Feb.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:25 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just checking in to see how all the February people are!? I've tomorrow off school so intend to spend the whole day going over IELTS stuff, have the exam on the 21st and am not exactly looking forward to it! EEK!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi Jenny, how was the seminar and where abouts was it. I went to a couple of expo's last year one in London and the other in Leeds.They were ok but i felt that they would have been more use if i had got as far as having a visa already, as in job offers etc. Finish the bottle off with a chinese later didya?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi Jenny, how was the seminar and where abouts was it. I went to a couple of expo's last year one in London and the other in Leeds.They were ok but i felt that they would have been more use if i had got as far as having a visa already, as in job offers etc. Finish the bottle off with a chinese later didya?
It was in Belfast, there was meant to be an expo here this weekend but due to the credit crunch it was cancelled, so some of the officials went to this instead. To be honest, it was rubbish, I learnt nothing I didn't already know, yes there were people from some of the aussie banks etc, but as you said, only relevant if you had already got your visa! Aw well, nothing ventured...and in this case, absolutely nothing gained bar my new Lonely Planet guide lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Regarding your Ielts, dont underestimate it. As for any exam your apprehensive anyway but i would certainly go through the practise paper and cd. for me the writing and listening werent too bad but you do have to concentrate and hope there isnt someone coughing all the time!! The reading daft as it seems can throw the odd hiccup in as much that there could be more than one answer that applies. As for speaking i'd like to think a girlie such as yourself from your neck of the woods could talk to anyone about anything, from my past experience with irish girls. Thankfully in those days i was a good listener. In my exam i had to talk about bloody gardens and garden centres!!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Porter
Regarding your Ielts, dont underestimate it. As for any exam your apprehensive anyway but i would certainly go through the practise paper and cd. for me the writing and listening werent too bad but you do have to concentrate and hope there isnt someone coughing all the time!! The reading daft as it seems can throw the odd hiccup in as much that there could be more than one answer that applies. As for speaking i'd like to think a girlie such as yourself from your neck of the woods could talk to anyone about anything, from my past experience with irish girls. Thankfully in those days i was a good listener. In my exam i had to talk about bloody gardens and garden centres!!
Oh God @ gardens, my one pet hate, wish my grass would just b*gger off lol

I wont be underestimating it, I have a study guide with 4 practice papers for each section in it, plus a website with 2 of each section there too.... I guess its the fact it's costing me not that much of a slap in the face off £300 to do, that I feel so much pressure to pass it!

£185 for IELTS (euro 182 + £15 for bankers draft)
£55 for hotel room the night before
£?? for the fuel to get down there, it's a good 2 hour drive! - If I didn't laugh, I'd most likely cry and cry and cry! Worse still, its my birthday weekend and I'll not be doing much celebrating!! lol

Luckily a mate is lending me her satnav as I'm by no means an expert in driving in the south, let alone finding UCD!!! LOL
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Bloody hell Jen £185 that is steep.I took mine at Sheffield Uni and it was £100.With no packed lunch eitheri remember now how i said that all my spare time was taken up going to garden centres and castles looking around the grounds, being at one with nature taking photos of gladioli. Then the guy just asked me more obscure questions about flowers. I put Alan titchmarsh to shame that afternoon!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.