Feb 2009 Applications

Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:21 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Originally Posted by Porter
Bloody hell Jen £185 that is steep.I took mine at Sheffield Uni and it was £100.With no packed lunch eitheri remember now how i said that all my spare time was taken up going to garden centres and castles looking around the grounds, being at one with nature taking photos of gladioli. Then the guy just asked me more obscure questions about flowers. I put Alan titchmarsh to shame that afternoon!!
LOL @ U...nah it was either that or wait til the end of May for the Belfast one! I guess it's cos of the exchange rate being so poor @ the moment that I ended up paying so much! Hopefully it'll be worth it all eh lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Oh and dont forget to put some warm clothing, a spade, food and drink [not alcohol mind] in the boot just in case. A hot broth would be nice if you break down
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and dont forget to put some warm clothing, a spade, food and drink [not alcohol mind] in the boot just in case. A hot broth would be nice if you break down
Thus my booking a hotel room, as knowing my luck, if i left early that morning, I'd not make it in time and not even get to sit the exam! EEEEK! lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

why are you taking the ielts if you,ve already lodged your application, not for the points?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

why are you taking the ielts if you,ve already lodged your application, not for the points?
Yes for the points, I have only 110 points without it, as I lost 10 due to my being the ripe old age of 31! If/when I pass the IELTS I will have the 120 required...
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

you dont look a day over 24 if u ask me.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:07 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

you dont look a day over 24 if u ask me.
HAHA SARKY! I'm 32 in just over a week, even more depressing lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Apparently after the age of 30 you need to to do 2 extra sit ups per year to keep that lovely tummy nice and trim.so your up to 30 + 4 = 34.OOer.never bothered with the gym myself, load of old tosh if u ask me!!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
HAHA SARKY! I'm 32 in just over a week, even more depressing lol
On the bright side, at least you don't lose any points this birthday.

Hope you have a good study day tomorrow. As with all these things think about what kind of answer they are after. Did the mock IELTS to see what it was all about and I have to say that after a while you come to know the kind of answer they are after.

Last edited by Janna and Nick; Mar 8th 2009 at 10:07 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
On the bright side, at least you don't lose any points this birthday.

Hope you have a good study day tomorrow. As with all these things think about what kind of answer they are after. Did the mock IELTS to see what it was all about and I have to say that after a while you come to know the kind of after they are after.
Porter: I have started going to the gym this year, in the hope that by the time my visa is granted that I'll look good in a bikini for all those lovely aussie beaches lol

Janna: Thanks, its more a day of familiarising myself with the layout and as you say, trying to figure out what they expect from me! Not looking forward to it though, as studying isn't my 'thang' lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

At least your not rushing into this gym lark and giving yourself plenty of time to get that look your after.Hell if you cant look the business in 2 years no one can. GO GIRLLLL!!!
Oh and nighty night, dancing on ice is finished so im off to watch telly and then bed. Byeeee
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

At least your not rushing into this gym lark and giving yourself plenty of time to get that look your after.Hell if you cant look the business in 2 years no one can. GO GIRLLLL!!!
Oh and nighty night, dancing on ice is finished so im off to watch telly and then bed. Byeeee
Nitey nite to you too....I've just finished watching LOST...and needless to say, I'M VERY VERY LOST! lol

Nites y'all February people xo
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan
Hi joshattack,

I have the same status now. I'm on MODL and CSL.

I don't know what's meant by "Application being processed further" but I read somewhere here in the forum that this doesn't necessarily mean that a CO is appointed to the application (of course this is beyond our expectations now!).

But at least it's a good sign that someone is looking at our applications somehow!

Does anyone else get this update for his/her application?
Hi All,

There is a recent thread dedicated for "Application being processed further"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595541
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

pReSSuRe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Nitey nite to you too....I've just finished watching LOST...and needless to say, I'M VERY VERY LOST! lol

Nites y'all February people xo
Hey Jen, how come you didnt do your IELTS before you submitted your visa application? People from UK, US, Canada etc. dont need to sit for the test but if you do take it, you'll still get the extra points?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by pReSSuRe
Hey Jen, how come you didnt do your IELTS before you submitted your visa application? People from UK, US, Canada etc. dont need to sit for the test but if you do take it, you'll still get the extra points?
I was advised to submit my visa application as soon as i got back my positive skills assessment, so I did so. I'm doing the IELTS because I lost 10 points due to being the ancient age of 31, so I want to get those points back to bring me up to the 120 points required for the GSM 175....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.