Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Just Joined

mikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nice
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi all

I purchased a Bank Guarantee from commonwealth bank yesterday.
As advised by the bank, I included the $150.00 in the total amount of the bank cheque i.e $14000 + $150 = $14150.00
CBA then opened a bank guarantee and gave me a copy of it as well as an acknowledgement of deposit which is also required by Centrelink.
I handed over these to centrelink who advised that they will forward these to DIAC in 4 working days.
The bond currently earns an interest of 3.90% p.a and the interest is credited every 6 months to your nominated savings account.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikewatts
Hi all

I purchased a Bank Guarantee from commonwealth bank yesterday.
As advised by the bank, I included the $150.00 in the total amount of the bank cheque i.e $14000 + $150 = $14150.00
CBA then opened a bank guarantee and gave me a copy of it as well as an acknowledgement of deposit which is also required by Centrelink.
I handed over these to centrelink who advised that they will forward these to DIAC in 4 working days.
The bond currently earns an interest of 3.90% p.a and the interest is credited every 6 months to your nominated savings account.
same as us - except the CB branch we did the AoS at didn't request the $150 as part of the bank cheque. Sounds like its always worth giving your branch a call first.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! mikewatts, welcome, congrats, on reaching your Aos, and thankyou for sharing your experiences with us, it is a great help!

When did you get your ack? can't find you on the tracker. (not that everyone has to be! just me being noesy ) Regards
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:25 am
Just Joined

mikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nicemikewatts is just really nice

I applied for 143 visa, parents already holding 173 visa, hence the acknowledgement took only a week.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mums sponsor had a call from centrelink today to confirm that the AoS is approved, and to advise that she (the sponsor) will receive a letter from DIAC within the next 3 days to confirm the AoS is approved & completed.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Mums sponsor had a call from centrelink today to confirm that the AoS is approved, and to advise that she (the sponsor) will receive a letter from DIAC within the next 3 days to confirm the AoS is approved & completed.
So pleased! Thank you for your updates, we are just as excited as you must be, it helps us all, on the tracker, to see movement.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Thanks for this. It is good to know that there is some feedback, most other parts of the process are like black holes!

Charlie
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

for anyone who is about to do medicals/xray or form 80 for CPV - did you see there are new forms you will need to use for this on the DIAC website? (Full list of forms that have changed is at the link below)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596607
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Our son attended the AOS interview this morning. It only took 10 minutes so, as he had some time and the Commonwealth Bank was near, he sorted out the Term Deposit and Bank Guarantee. A fee of $150 for setting up the AOS bond was charged. He then went back to Centrelink and they took copies of the documents. She said that they should finalise the AOS today and DIAC should receive the confirmation in 2 -3 business days.

Charlie
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I'm on a tempoary pay as you go internet connection so really can't go through all the threads (sorry)

My mum and dad have just been asked to pay the second installment for the contributory visa. The letter sent with it says that if the visa is granted they have to activate the visa by febuary 2010, which isnt a problem.

But my question is how long do they have to move over permenantly, I can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks for any help

Amanda
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:53 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amandabee
Hi I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I'm on a tempoary pay as you go internet connection so really can't go through all the threads (sorry)

My mum and dad have just been asked to pay the second installment for the contributory visa. The letter sent with it says that if the visa is granted they have to activate the visa by febuary 2010, which isnt a problem.

But my question is how long do they have to move over permenantly, I can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks for any help

Amanda
Amanda: I think the visa is valid for return travel for 5 years. To get a returning resident's visa after that rules apply; no details I'm afraid, but I've had it at the back of my mind for some time now that you need to have fulfilled some residence criteria in that time; eg 2 years present in Oz during the 5 years. I'm sure someone else will have more details.

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:57 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sandch
Amanda: I think the visa is valid for return travel for 5 years. To get a returning resident's visa after that rules apply; no details I'm afraid, but I've had it at the back of my mind for some time now that you need to have fulfilled some residence criteria in that time; eg 2 years present in Oz during the 5 years. I'm sure someone else will have more details.

Cheers

Steve
Steve is correct Amanda - the visa is valid 5 years from the grant date. The activation date is seperate, and must be used to validate the initial entry. After that you have 5 years to "move". To get another RRV you have to prove significant ties to Australia to qualify. Ie you cant move to Oz for one day then request a second RRV - they would expect you to have spent some time in Aus and setup ties. Nowadays you also need 4 years of time spent in Oz too, to qualify for citizenship.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:55 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark213
Steve is correct Amanda - the visa is valid 5 years from the grant date. The activation date is seperate, and must be used to validate the initial entry. After that you have 5 years to "move". To get another RRV you have to prove significant ties to Australia to qualify. Ie you cant move to Oz for one day then request a second RRV - they would expect you to have spent some time in Aus and setup ties. Nowadays you also need 4 years of time spent in Oz too, to qualify for citizenship.
Hi Mark

Is your parents 143 timeline the one underlined in red?

Matt
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:58 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark213
Hi again Mark

Have answered my own question, by looking properly. They are a couple of months ahead of us so will watch progress with interest.

Matt.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:08 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi again Mark

Have answered my own question, by looking properly. They are a couple of months ahead of us so will watch progress with interest.

Matt.
No worries - its getting all bit depressing with the news of DIAC cuts in Perth - 12 months ok but once it gets longer than that most people dont plan that far ahead!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.