Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:39 am
Just Joined

toad765 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

I have been following this thread since May when my application was submitted. Today I decided to join and post some information. A colleague of mine who is over 45 so had to submit speacial circumstance case received his PR yesterday his total wait was 16 days!!

I have to say I am ropable I have been very patient and appreciate excessive work loads I work in IT and have a request back log as big as fridge mountain. However now I cannot except that this back log as an excuse any longer. My MA which is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard said you just have to be patient and no one knows how they work.

I suggest perhaps an advent calendar in the hope they may be able to see how the calendar actually flows.

I called immi and was told this visa is permanent and hence why it takes such a long time and they cannot cut corners on boarder security, so I asked how thorough was the checks on my colleague his went through in 16 days.

I am an ETA country, my application was submitted 25th May nomination aproval 24th Sep.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Kan3NAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Originally Posted by toad765
I have been following this thread since May when my application was submitted. Today I decided to join and post some information. A colleague of mine who is over 45 so had to submit speacial circumstance case received his PR yesterday his total wait was 16 days!!

I have to say I am ropable I have been very patient and appreciate excessive work loads I work in IT and have a request back log as big as fridge mountain. However now I cannot except that this back log as an excuse any longer. My MA which is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard said you just have to be patient and no one knows how they work.

I suggest perhaps an advent calendar in the hope they may be able to see how the calendar actually flows.

I called immi and was told this visa is permanent and hence why it takes such a long time and they cannot cut corners on boarder security, so I asked how thorough was the checks on my colleague his went through in 16 days.

I am an ETA country, my application was submitted 25th May nomination aproval 24th Sep.
Welcome to the forum.. I'm also completely with you.. what they say is total rubbish. they *NEVER* process the applications based on the date of lodgement. Your MA is also correct since they group that process the application is not the one answer our enquires. The 131 881 team doesn't know anything about whats happening on the processing area and they merely utter the general service charter.

As someone mentioned, they appears they skipped few months and actively processing the applications from August. Looks like they don't have any standard
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Kan3NAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Please add your details into the Google doc https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...EE&hl=en#gid=0 if not added already
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

toad765 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have added my details to the spreadsheet.

It is a good job they are not working on an incontinence hotline, could you imagine if they subject the callers to such await it would be like asking callers to hold!!!

I have read of other users who have waited longer than I and I feel for those people.

I have spoken to the immi line and every time I get a different answer although I have heard twice they are looking at mid May. Lets just hope they realise that May has 31 day not just 15

Good luck all
Old Nov 12th 2010, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

oz_monster is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate,

It's frustrating that others get their PR quicker but as what your agent told you, nobody knows how DIAC process application. That's what my agent told me 'coz I kept on calling them for follow up but on the same day that I got my visa approval I was talking to my agent (they have not yet received the grant letter) and she told me to be patient and the current processing time is 5-7mos.

I got the same answer as what you got 3 times (the visa is permanent and give them some more time) after 3 weeks I got my visa. I am not giving you any false hope or whatever mate but your application might be with the case officer and the CO is doing some verification and checks. Hang in there.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Oliviaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gv_
Hi Oliviaa,

any update on yours?
Hi Mate thanks for remembering, NO nothing still hanging . CO said it can take several months to gain any necessary health, character and national security clearances from other agencies and he is following up. I have no idea how long it would take
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

jungsinpark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oliviaa
Hi Mate thanks for remembering, NO nothing still hanging . CO said it can take several months to gain any necessary health, character and national security clearances from other agencies and he is following up. I have no idea how long it would take
Hey guys enjoy!!!
I submitted business nomination in may nothing heard till now..

I could not patient at this moment..actually I apply 121 off shore and want to know how long does it takes???
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

calvinated is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevpreston
Hi Calvinated,

When you called immi did you give them your passport/permission ID to check your file? cause some will just give you a "no it takes 5-7 months" and others will look at your file and give you more info...
Yep, I gave them the permission ID request etc. She did pull up my file, and had a look at it ( or so she made me think)
She mentioned that they were processing april applications and so i would just have to WAIT
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:22 pm
gv_
Just Joined

gv_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys in IT, I think we are now pushed into the backseat by the Parramatta. From what they say, the process is demand driven, may be their own research possibly result in less demand for IT?.

Anyone has any Idea?

Good luck to all..
Old Nov 15th 2010, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

tech-sh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

I am so angry , you would think after more than 3 years of living in Aus at least you should be able to get yourself a car, but no!!! thanks to immi becuase we are on a bridging visa we are not eligible to get a car loan . I need my PR today.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

leo-oel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tech-sh
I am so angry , you would think after more than 3 years of living in Aus at least you should be able to get yourself a car, but no!!! thanks to immi becuase we are on a bridging visa we are not eligible to get a car loan . I need my PR today.
Hey friend...just buy yourself a cheaper car and pay it cash.

That's what I did...Toyota Camry 2.2 Sedan 1994. $3500
Could not be happier!

Good luck!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by tech-sh
tell me about it!!! i too need my pr today. does anyone know what date diac are processing now. a few weeks ago they were processing applications dated 4th may.

thanks
Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

leo-oel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clarie
tell me about it!!! i too need my pr today. does anyone know what date diac are processing now. a few weeks ago they were processing applications dated 4th may.

thanks
Do u guys know why they are taking so long to process our cases...

They are wasting their time with things like this one.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...115-17ufd.html

Rubish!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by leo-oel
Do u guys know why they are taking so long to process our cases...

They are wasting their time with things like this one.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...115-17ufd.html

Rubish!
I read about that, what a muppet!!! Diac just needs to get a grip. Over the past 3 years of living in oz i have got so close to pr and then the goal posts move - back to square one. I am so close again now and diac are on a 'go slow'. come on - there has been no good news on this thread for ages.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:37 am
Just Joined

tech-sh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leo-oel
Hey friend...just buy yourself a cheaper car and pay it cash.

That's what I did...Toyota Camry 2.2 Sedan 1994. $3500
Could not be happier!

Good luck!

that's what we had for 3 years , holden barina 1995, 3000$ . I hate to go and get a used car again.
and it's not the only thing that I can't do because I am not a permanent residence. It's frustrating.
I hope all of us get our PR soon .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.